• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

TraBuch

Banned
This is a thing with the Yakuza series. Down to Mr. Libido and the hostesses. I recall one of the Yakuza games having a contest to vote for which, uh, adult film stars you'd want in the game.
Lots of JAV stars in the game and they're immediately recognizable. They even use their names.

PBalfredo

xcom 2 and dlc, pilot

Yeah writing and aesthetics aside War of the Chosen is rad. Adds a lot of cool new stuff to the game. But it's HARD AS FUCK. I'm savescumming like it's 1999 because my campaign would've ended a while ago if I didn't. I've just accepted that that's how I play XCOM because I can't bear the thought of failing a campaign after 20 hours. Or even losing soldiers that I've invested a lot into, really.

Xcom 2 + DLC. you can get your fill of Xcom from exquisite corps. Also only crazy people like Long War.

I'll also recommend XCOM 2 + DLC along with the thread, but I will say there is a lot to consider with the strategic component of the game, overwhelmingly so. XCOM 1 was basically just managing interceptors and satellites but XCOM 2 turns it up a notch and War of the Chosen turns that up 3x. So just something to keep in mind that while the tactical stuff is new and awesome, you can easily get thrown by the overworld aspect and lose that way too.

XCOM 2 + WotC it is then. Thanks!

ryseing

TIL Blitz is a Notre Dame fan.

Today I lost any semblance of respect I had for Blitz.

As a joke, maybe. It's terrible. TERRIBLE.

I really liked it, especially since it took place in
Twilight Gap.

I just wish Bungie
had the cojones to go longer without giving you your powers back. Not too much longer, just an additional mission or two.

Listening to the crew's impressions of Alex at the start of the Beastcast made me realize that Alex impressions might as well be Squidward impressions.

And Abby being in kindergarten in 1999 kind of destroyed me.

BTA

Listening to the Beastcast while I play Rabbids and I cannot believe Vinny accidentally turned his kids into Sonic fans; this is amazing.

Listening to the crew's impressions of Alex at the start of the Beastcast made me realize that Alex impressions might as well be Squidward impressions.

As someone born in 1995 I have a similar feeling every time, for example, Dan talks about playing GameCube in college.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Yeah goddamn. I was just starting primary school then too.

Feeling old now.

That line caught me by surprised because it meant Abby is older than I thought. I dunno.

Yeah writing and aesthetics aside War of the Chosen is rad. Adds a lot of cool new stuff to the game. But it's HARD AS FUCK. I'm savescumming like it's 1999 because my campaign would've ended a while ago if I didn't. I've just accepted that that's how I play XCOM because I can't bear the thought of failing a campaign after 20 hours. Or even losing soldiers that I've invested a lot into, really.

Sounds awesome. If I ever get WotC I'd start over (probably is a requirement anyway)... And definitely would save scum. I got pretty far into an iron man game on xcom 2 but it's too brutal. I put it down after a few weeks and haven't played since. I was about to lose a lot of good people and don't really have replacements if I remember correctly. One mission I had planned out perfectly, was 1 turn from victory but the enemy blew up half the evacuation zone (was a 2nd story roof) and it moved to somewhere across the map. Stuff like that just makes Ironman feel impossible to me. Doesn't feel good/fun.

1998: Righteously recognized by the Beastcrew as The Best There Is, The Best There Was, And The Best That'll Ever Be

Listening to the Beastcast while I play Rabbids and I cannot believe Vinny accidentally turned his kids into Sonic fans; this is amazing.

As someone born in 1995 I have a similar feeling every time, for example, Dan talks about playing GameCube in college.

Time estimate till his daughter is a supervillian?

Wunder

Huh alright. I guess PvP streams are just more common? Doesn't seem to be where the action is at though for D2.

PVP is usually where its at for MMO-type streams, just because its more dynamic to watch. That's how it is for WoW anyway, aside from the burst during world first races, the mainstays are the PVP streamers.

Antiwhippy

PVP is usually where its at for MMO-type streams, just because its more dynamic to watch. That's how it is for WoW anyway, aside from the burst during world first races, the mainstays are the PVP streamers.

Yeah I was always surprised to hear that they actually held tournaments for WoW PvP when I first learned about it, but I guess for raids once you "solved" it there's not really that much variation afterwards.

Yep.

There were already clues well before this, but Abby being born in 1994 is what made me know that I am officially old as fuck.

I was also born in 94. It made me realize that one day Giant Bomb will hire someone younger than me and it will be a weird as fuck feeling.

Tagyhag

I know I'm late but Jeff wasn't kidding about Infinite Warfare's campaign. I actually like it more than Advanced Warfare's.

Best IW campaign since MW 2. (And sooooo much better than Ghosts)

Antiwhippy

Patrick has a wife and a salary. There’s no way he could be younger than Abby

How can he be older than abby when he can't watch R-rated movies?

NGwoCRu.png

I know I'm late but Jeff wasn't kidding about Infinite Warfare's campaign. I actually like it more than Advanced Warfare's.

Best IW campaign since MW 2. (And sooooo much better than Ghosts)

It's a damn good campaign for that series. I feel like both Infinite Warfare and Advance Warfare are solid first person shooters campaigns set in the future.

Wunder

Yeah I was always surprised to hear that they actually held tournaments for WoW PvP when I first learned about it, but I guess for raids once you "solved" it there's not really that much variation afterwards.

Yeah, WoW has tried to make some PvE content more dynamic with the mythic+ system for dungeons but other than that it would just be people grinding raids or dailies every day.

BTA

End of this Beastcast is reminding me that I've meant to listen to the episode of 404 that Jeff mentions for a while; I'm gonna start that now.

EDIT: why are only the last like 10 or so of this 1700+ episode podcast available on iTunes; why would you do this

How can he be older than abby when he can't watch R-rated movies?

NGwoCRu.png

Meanwhile according to Friday's Waypoint Radio (where Patrick talks about this incident further), apparently Abby's able to buy child tickets for R-rated movies without being carded either way, making her both younger and older.

Meanwhile according to Friday's Waypoint Radio (where Patrick talks about this incident further), apparently Abby's able to buy child tickets for R-rated movies without being carded either way, making her both younger and older.

I do that sometimes as well. Some days the ticket people in theaters just don't care to check and card for tickets or ask about why the ticket is child instead of adult. When theaters are REALLLYY busy, it becomes alot easier to get away with it.

Nowadays my student ID gives a better discount than the child ticket price so I just go that route instead.

oti

Banned
Apparently my local Best Buy got some Switches in today and I could just walk in right now and buy one. SHOULD I?

edit: Or I could get Destiny 2 and poptarts.

If you really want a Switch this year I reckon it will get harder to get one once the holiday rush sets in.

BTA

If you really want a Switch this year I reckon it will get harder to get one once the holiday rush sets in.

Yeah, I feel like now would be the time to go for it because with Mario in late October, that's gonna be the start of it being even harder to get and that should last for a while.

- J - D -

yeah. I saw the report saying that Nintendo isn't sure they'll have enough to satisfy holiday demand. That's definitely pushing me in the direction of getting one now. But I kinda just wanna play destiny now.

edit: A portable destiny would be kinda awesome.

oti

Banned
yeah. I saw the report saying that Nintendo isn't sure they'll have enough to satisfy holiday demand. That's definitely pushing me in the direction of getting one now. But I kinda just wanna play destiny now.

edit: A portable destiny would be kinda awesome.
Then I'd say skip the Switch for now. Maybe you'll have to wait until Spring 2018 to get one but that's still better than buying it now and not using it.
Brad is the worst Sonic player I've ever seen in my life.
Brad is me.

Never played Destiny or really watched any Destiny content, but I'm watching this Destiny 2 Quick Look, and holy hell the writing is insufferable.

hamchan

Destiny 2 is feeling really skippable to me. Doesn't seem like a whole ton of improvements over the first game and I know if I'm patient I can get the complete collection a year from now for half the price. Not feeling the hype, not like the first game where there was so much hype for Bungie's new series. I know what the Destiny formula is and I know I sure don't have to play it right now. (Will still probs buy the PC version after writing all this lol)

So many games are coming out or have come out this year, and there isn't enough time to play all of them. Especially when I choose to play Zelda, Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest 7 this year too.

Top Bottom