• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

About a third through Nier Automata Route B and I'm gonna speculate that the Reveal in this game is that
2B is actually a Type-E unit, she has executed her partners many times before and possibly 9S multiple times as well, hence why she rejects attempts by 9S to get close to her even though she clearly has more emotions than she lets on. Also explains why she says "It always ends like this" or something similar when she kills 9S at the end of A.

Also this is unrelated but I wouldn't be surprised if humans didn't actually exist any more.

Putting this here so we can see how wrong I am when I finish it for real.

For a second, I thought the Escapists 2 quicklook was confirming the new hire, but then I realized that Brock probably referred to Lesnar.

Jintor

About a third through Nier Automata Route B and I'm gonna speculate that the Reveal in this game is that
2B is actually a Type-E unit, she has executed her partners many times before and possibly 9S multiple times as well, hence why she rejects attempts by 9S to get close to her even though she clearly has more emotions than she lets on. Also explains why she says "It always ends like this" or something similar when she kills 9S at the end of A.

Also this is unrelated but I wouldn't be surprised if humans didn't actually exist any more.

re: spoilers and nier
don't click on spoiler text from here on in

Phediuk

Has Brad ever offered a good defense for Destiny other than "the shooting feels so good!" (his exact words, on numerous occasions)?

Has Brad ever offered a good defense for Destiny other than "the shooting feels so good!" (his exact words, on numerous occasions)?

Not sure he needs to say much more than "I enjoy it" but you could listen to the game of the year podcasts because I can't remember shit from them that year.

Strax

The reveal at the end of Mario + Rabbids was sooooooooo disappointing, I was really thinking about it from the word go but it might be the worst thing about the game.

Great game though.

oti

Banned
There was an offer.

4 amiibo for 15 Euros.

Bought 8.

4 for my god daughter and cousin. Some ninja frog Pokémon, Peach, blue Yoshi and Pink Yoshi.

4 for me.

ROB Famicom colours - cool
Ryu - cool
Wario super cool
Marriage Mario - pre-order but I'll just say cool

cool

KingKong

I hope Horizon Zero Dawn gets good soon because the beginning is not great. They have you crafting ammo pouches and collecting resources as soon as the tutorial ends. Also you get crates full of resources for some crazy reason. You even have to craft fast travel packs

J_Viper

Is there a GB clan for Destiny?

I hope Horizon Zero Dawn gets good soon because the beginning is not great. They have you crafting ammo pouches and collecting resources as soon as the tutorial ends. Also you get crates full of resources for some crazy reason. You even have to craft fast travel packs

It has a weak start. I thought the entire prelude with Young Aloy should have been a cut-scene. It's a damn fine game once it opens up.

The game's biggest flaw is hiding the answers to its most interesting questions in text logs, poorly voiced audio logs, and expositional holograms.

KingKong

Is there a GB clan for Destiny?

It has a weak start. I thought the entire prelude with Young Aloy should have been a cut-scene. It's a damn fine game once it opens up.

The game's biggest flaw is hiding the answers to its most interesting questions in text logs, poorly voiced audio logs, and expositional holograms.

Thats good to hear, the combat does seem interesting and it really is gorgeous on a 4k hdr tv (though it makes my ps4 pro heat up so much that the fans kick in fully)

J_Viper

MvC:I for $26 at CDKeys

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Thats good to hear, the combat does seem interesting and it really is gorgeous on a 4k hdr tv (though it makes my ps4 pro heat up so much that the fans kick in fully)

I very much enjoyed the combat. It may be my favorite in an open world game, come to think of it.

Only other open world games with great gameplay, off the top of my head, are the first Watch Dogs and Sleeping Dogs.

Now that I have a Pro/4K TV set, I'll probably run through the game again to experience it in all it's visual splendor.

I hope that DLC is of the same scale as CDPR's work, but I'm doubtful.

Hoo-doo

Banned
D7qe0wP_d.jpg

If this was the future of Giant Bomb i'd still be watching. Jeff is great.

pizzacat

Banned
From the start you very often get messages/weapons from a mistery person who signs the messages with

F.B

That stands for Future Beep-O (that rumba thing) and it's a throwaway scene after the credits with only Beep-O reacting to it

so does the scientist girl ever come into play again?

Did Giant Bomb or Waypoint or GBxWP ever end up doing a Persona 5 spoilercast?

After months I'm finally at the end. All in all I've really enjoyed it despite some rough pacing issues at the start and end.

BTA

Did Giant Bomb or Waypoint or GBxWP ever end up doing a Persona 5 spoilercast?

After months I'm finally at the end. All in all I've really enjoyed it despite some rough pacing issues at the start and end.

There's a Ben + Alex one in the Presents feed. Not sure if Waypoint did one? Though I also don't know if anyone there played/finished it I guess.

Ben and Alex did one around E3 time, it should be in the GB Presents feed.

There's a Ben + Alex one in the Presents feed. Not sure if Waypoint did one? Though I also don't know if anyone there played/finished it I guess.

Thanks, and

Alex and Ben sit down to discuss everything Persona 5. They leave no stone unturned as they get into everything from best dungeon, to best music, to best girl.

...there's a 50/50 chance of them being 100% wrong.

Megasoum

Banned
Really enjoying Destiny 2 so far.

I'm gonna repeat what I said when I first started playing Destiny 1 (I played until the first DLC came out and never went back).

I'm really happy to finally love a Bungie game. I always recognized that they were making good games but I never like Halo.

oti

Banned
Finished the story in Destiny 2.
Meh.

But now the game really opened up and there's so much stuff to do! I will finally check out the strikes.

Wunder

Finished the story in Destiny 2.
Meh.

But now the game really opened up and there's so much stuff to do! I will finally check out the strikes.

what is there to do day to day? From what i've picked up you do the faction/open world stuff each day and then the rest of the time is strikes?

oti

Banned
what is there to do day to day? From what i've picked up you do the faction/open world stuff each day and then the rest of the time is strikes?

There are patrols, strikes, adventures, that faction stuff (I have no idea what that is tbh) treasures on the map and you can also replay the story missions. There are lists EVERYWHERE.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
I read the Skyward Sword review, and the guy was basically complaining that it wasn't Skyrim. And they all get WAY too fanboy-ish and are more emotionally unstable than IGN's writers. Here are some of my favorite highlights from the "brilliant" writers at Giant Bomb: "Once you know exactly what to do and skip as much plot as possible, you can run through the game in three hours or less." --Metal Gear Solid Review by Jeff Gerstmann "Majora's Mask is a great game, but it isn't for everybody." --The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask Review by Jeff Gerstmann "Graphically, Ocarina of Time is simply unmatched." The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time Review by Jeff Gerstmann "Dewy's Adventure is too cute for adults and too frustrating for kids." --Dewy's Adventure Review by Ryan Davis "For mostly better and only a little bit worse, Skyward Sword is the best Zelda game in years, and makes a strong case for motion controls when done right." The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword Review by Patrick Klepek Post your favorite Giant Bomb fail employee moments.
What is this post?

Wunder

There are patrols, strikes, adventures, that faction stuff (I have no idea what that is tbh) treasures on the map and you can also replay the story missions. There are lists EVERYWHERE.

I don't wanna look up lists before I get a chance to play on PC!

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician

That is a very specific guess

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
The reveal at the end of Mario + Rabbids was sooooooooo disappointing, I was really thinking about it from the word go but it might be the worst thing about the game.

Great game though.

I'm at the end of the third world and have no idea what the game could possibly reveal.

Top Bottom