• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Xater

Destiny 2 is feeling really skippable to me. Doesn't seem like a whole ton of improvements over the first game and I know if I'm patient I can get the complete collection a year from now for half the price. Not feeling the hype, not like the first game where there was so much hype for Bungie's new series. I know what the Destiny formula is and I know I sure don't have to play it right now. (Will still probs buy the PC version after writing all this lol)

So many games are coming out or have come out this year, and there isn't enough time to play all of them. Especially when I choose to play Zelda, Witcher 3 and Dragon Quest 7 this year too.

I feel the same, but I doubt Ill break down for the PC release. For that Mario and Wolfenstein are too close to it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel like unless you're really into raiding and just grinding for loot Destiny 2 shouldn't take too much of your time.

The question is if it's worth it if you're not into raiding nor grinding for loot.

Strax

I do that sometimes as well. Some days the ticket people in theaters just don't care to check and card for tickets or ask about why the ticket is child instead of adult. When theaters are REALLLYY busy, it becomes alot easier to get away with it.

Man, I really want to try this once.

oti

Banned
Anything to make the #1 argument interesting should be good. Having just PUBG roll through would be boring.

That's where I'm at. If we get a heated discussion between Destiny 2 and PUBG for #1 it would be way more interesting than just PUBG winning. Even though I wouldn't call either of those games GOTY. It's obviously
Knack2

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Meneses

I was back in Portugal to visit family and also stopped by a local "Target-type" store and there was a huge stack of Switches there (like 30+). And that was just on a display in the middle of the store. I assume there would be even more in the actual Nintendo stand and warehouse.

So, if you want a Switch just visit Lisbon is what I'm saying.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I was back in Portugal to visit family and also stopped by a local "Target-type" store and there was a huge stack of Switches there (like 30+). And that was just on a display in the middle of the store. I assume there would be even more in the actual Nintendo stand and warehouse.

Is it still hard to find Switches somewhere? Every time I go to the local Mediamarkt they have at least 5 sitting there and probably more in the back.

kiguel182

Lisbon has all the Switches. Altought there was a period where we hadn't any and I had to get mine from Germany. But these days you can just walk in a store and get it. It was the same with the NES Classic.

2962439-webp.net-resizeimage+%2825%29.jpg

Quick Look: West of Loathing
Little doggies Jeff and Ben get along long enough to take a look at this humorous adventure RPG.

Hey guys I just played a bunch of Destiny 2, beating the campaign and doing a ton of side stuff along the way, both solo and with friends.

That game still at its core feels like Destiny, but with more meaningful and varied side content, way more spectacular story missions, and a loot cycle that isn't disrespectful of my time.

also good god this game is pretty. bungie's artists and level designers deserve awards.

Super excited to get into all the post-game content too, and with Jeff expressing love for the Nightfall, I'm all the more looking forward to sinking hundreds of hours into Destiny 2 by myself and with friends.

Video games today are great, people.

I still haven't tried D2. Will do so when I return home later today, there's a high chance I'll move to Leeds at the end of this month which is where I've been for the second day now looking at apartments. While I could manage living and doing my shit in Brighton, I just want to be able to save more. Leeds is way cheaper than Brighton when it comes to the apartment situation.

Already talked with the university there and they were A-OK with me transferring my credits and shit from my CE masters course to them so, that's great. Moving while in another country sure is complicated though. A bunch of fucking contracts and form fillings to do whereas in my country it's way easier and simpler because we don't work on contracts, just monthly payments and the water+gas+electricity are usually on the landlord. Learned a lot these past 40 hours or so.
Is solo Destiny worth it, or is it better to roll with a squad?

Better with a squad but I still had fun without one. I'm sure 2 is more or less the same.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I wish they didn't do so much of that faker game. I still have no idea what you're supposed to do for that.

There are more interesting jackbox games to play.

Jintor

okay pax rumble is kind of incredible. this is definitely the best list intro ever.

i'm sure the playing game itself sucks, but man, digivolution was fucking rad

Top Bottom