• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Wunder

I wish they didn't do so much of that faker game. I still have no idea what you're supposed to do for that.

There are more interesting jackbox games to play.

faker game was amazing this time around

I thought when West played it it didn't look that hot but maybe the smaller number of people made it good

Zaph

"Is this series just people asking you the same questions about what this game is?"

man, abby really cut to the chase with KH

BTA

I gotta start putting KH on in the background so I can catch up for this one, huh.

I wish they didn't do so much of that faker game. I still have no idea what you're supposed to do for that.

I thought when West played it it didn't look that hot but maybe the smaller number of people made it good

It's a little confusing at first but they figured it out and it became amazing, yeah. They just didn't pay enough attention at the start though to be fair the rules are also explained kinda badly to begin with.

Everyone follows the prompt ("raise your hand if ___", "point to the person who ____", etc.) truthfully but the Faker only knows the generic action ("raise your hand", "point to someone", etc.). When the prompt is revealed, it's a matter of justifying what you did if needed and trying to find out who the Faker is (and pinning it on someone else if you are the Faker). Importantly, you have 3 rounds to deduce the Faker but you also want to consistently vote for them if you can because if everyone else is convinced you're wrong, you still get points for each round you individually guessed correctly. (I believe the Faker also gets points for the number of rounds they evade you?)

Oh, I didn't realise they'd played Jackbox Faker before.

Like, I find all of the Jackbox stuff blends together a lot--except for the last Playdate. I dunno if I was just into the vibe more or what, but it's the first time I've genuinely appreciated Jackbox as a game.

Valtýr

its pretty simple. the faker isn't given the task the other are given but has to bluff everyone into thinking they did. so like, everyone is told to point to the person who would skip showering on a weekend. the faker is just told "point to yourself!!" and they have to bluff everyone into thinking they knew what the actual task was.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Don't get me wrong it's still fun, but I still don't actually know how it's meant to be played which diminishes it for me. I feel like it's just a bunch of people yelling and making guesses which is fun in its own way, but I can't see how it works other than just through random process of elimination?

Valtýr;248465867 said:
its pretty simple. the faker isn't given the task the other are given but has to bluff everyone into thinking they did. so like, everyone is told to point to the person who would skip showering on a weekend. the faker is just told "point to yourself!!" and they have to bluff everyone into thinking they knew what the actual task was.

Hmm, alright, but the way they played it made it just seem like they were randomly guessing. :p

but I can't see how it works other than just through random process of elimination?

The process of elimination route is basically what lets the Faker rack up points until they're exposed, at least as I understood it.

BTA

The process of elimination route is basically what lets the Faker rack up points until they're exposed, at least as I understood it.

Yeah, you have 3 rounds with the same Faker so that you have a chance of deducing who they are if the first round or two isn't clear.

It's not that hard to fake a prompt but three in a row is tricky.

Ok. Vinny said Shogo on the Beastcast, so now that has to be played on a GBE Playdate. I think about that game way too often for some reason.

Wunder

Yeah, you have 3 rounds with the same Faker so that you have a chance of deducing who they are if the first round or two isn't clear.

It's not that hard to fake a prompt but three in a row is tricky.

I think they intentionally make the 3rd one super hard or specific too so it usually ends in the faker getting caught. Abby caught on during her rounds and attempted to keep 3 viable people up for the last one so it wasn't just a straight 50/50, which was solid.

J_Viper

What was the consensus around these parts on the WW2 beta?

I need a second online game to play this year to justify renewing PS+. As much as I enjoy Destiny 2, I'd feel silly throwing down 60 bucks on Plus for a single game.

Audio/Visual aspects aside, Battlefront isn't looking too hot

BTA

I think they intentionally make the 3rd one super hard or specific too so it usually ends in the faker getting caught. Abby caught on during her rounds and attempted to keep 3 viable people up for the last one so it wasn't just a straight 50/50, which was solid.

There's also that final game which is sometimes overly hard for all 3 questions; I sorta wish it wasn't because I like that idea (putting in answers to different questions) a lot.

Wunder

There's also that final game which is sometimes overly hard for all 3 questions; I sorta wish it wasn't because I like that idea (putting in answers to different questions) a lot.

That was the best! Abby hid for the first two and then got exposed hard for that third one

look, I'm just a girl who loves big black fruits. Put it in your mouth.

It won't fit in my mouth, are you kidding me?

Fantastic episode
So uh.

Throwing this out here.

I think Kingdom hearts is a bad game?

It has not aged well but it still has charm. Then again I've played it back then when it released so it's endearing to me nowadays more than anything.

What was the consensus around these parts on the WW2 beta?

I need a second online game to play this year to justify renewing PS+. As much as I enjoy Destiny 2, I'd feel silly throwing down 60 bucks on Plus for a single game.

Audio/Visual aspects aside, Battlefront isn't looking too hot

I haven't played it but from what I watched it looked like more COD. However, I did notice that the sound design seems to be much stronger. It's no DICE but it's still an improvement. Other then that, I'm always all about the SP so, yeah.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
the first game was ok when it came out but time has done it no favors.

Yeah. I've been playing Birth by Sleep recently and having a pretty good time though.

Yeah, it definitely seem like a time and place thing and it does seem like the sequels improve on the formula, but boy this section looks like no fun.

Like I can kinda recognise that some of it is Ben missing cues but watching it now makes you really appreciate how modern games are better at stuff like signposting,

TraBuch

Banned
I love love loved Kingdom Hearts when it came out. A couple years ago, I played the HD remaster and it didn't play nearly as well as I remembered.

I'm sure I'd feel the same way about most PS2 action JRPGs, though. There's something really plodding about them.

Except for .hack. .hack is dope.

Vectorman

Banned
Yeah KH is a badly aging game but boy does Ben make it so unpleasant to watch and play lol. Not even Abby could help Ben break out of his constant displeasure over this game.

Top Bottom