• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

- J - D -

PUBG is anime now. GOTY revoked.

npBet2X.gif

What anime is this.

edit: gross, I inadvertently made anime the top post of new page.

okay after time has passed and i've read this topic since then i admit to overreacting regarding dan's shenanigans at the start of the ec episode since the rest of it was fairly straightforward and not at all trollish

the decision to just override lang as himself still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and he was still being highly annoying at the beginning which wasn't at all amusing. the fact that he was gonna do it to brad's character before vinny had to stop him showed how knowingly dickish he can be. combined with how annoying and detrimental he was in his previous episode, it was easy to get frustrated at him when he decided to double down on the heel act at the beginning of this episode.

it's not a big thing. it's just a bunch of tiny annoyances that build up. i guess we can all just laugh at it since this is really just a website with funny people playing video games. no need to get in a huff about it. he's not gonna change how he is so might as well embrace it.

dan's not gonna drop an n-bomb out of anger and make a non-apology. he's not gonna swindle impressionable kids out of money. he's not gonna ask about men's rights or why he can't make jokes about women anymore. he's a good guy.

it just so happens that he finds it hilarious pushing people's buttons in mostly ultimately harmless ways. and he does it often.

personally, it's not the kind of humor i'm for nowadays, but i can stomach that once every week or so! if vinny, alex, jason, and jeff can put up with directly dealing with it, it's probably not that bad. the other parts of exquisite corps are still very good to warrant watching everything.

tldr dan gets away with it again because haha i got riled up and i'm still gonna watch what a mark or something

- J - D -

okay after time has passed and i've read this topic since then i admit to overreacting regarding dan's shenanigans at the start of the ec episode since the rest of it was fairly straightforward and not at all trollish

the decision to just override lang as himself still leaves a bad taste in my mouth, and he was still being highly annoying at the beginning which wasn't at all amusing. the fact that he was gonna do it to brad's character before vinny had to stop him showed how knowingly dickish he can be. combined with how annoying and detrimental he was in his previous episode, it was easy to get frustrated at him when he decided to double down on the heel act at the beginning of this episode.

it's not a big thing. it's just a bunch of tiny annoyances that build up. i guess we can all just laugh at it since this is really just a website with funny people playing video games. no need to get in a huff about it. he's not gonna change how he is so might as well embrace it.

dan's not gonna drop an n-bomb out of anger and make a non-apology. he's not gonna swindle impressionable kids out of money. he's not gonna ask about men's rights or why he can't make jokes about women anymore. he's a good guy.

it just so happens that he finds it hilarious pushing people's buttons in mostly ultimately harmless ways. and he does it often.

personally, it's not the kind of humor i'm for nowadays, but i can stomach that once every week or so! if vinny, alex, jason, and jeff can put up with directly dealing with it, it's probably not that bad. the other parts of exquisite corps are still very good to warrant watching everything.

tldr dan gets away with it again because haha i got riled up and i'm still gonna watch what a mark or something

But what if you one day found Dan in your home uninvited playing your N64?

Joeku

played some of that new LiS, seems good

pretty crazy that they perfectly transferred the first game's aesthetics and style from Unreal into Unity

I hate it

Go back and look at the facial animation in the original LiS -- this is a vast improvement. Like, this sort of animation absolutely did not happen in the original:
tumblr_inline_ornwf1TxRT1sd0owb_540.gif

Also, the only way that anime could be worse is if it was called "Gamer's".

Tubobutts

he's not gonna swindle impressionable kids out of money
🤔

It's similar to what he did when they played D&D. It's one thing to be a dick within the confines of the game even if you don't seem to realize it's meant to be a cooperative experience. It's another to meta-game and break the established rules in order to better enable your dickishness.

Curufinwe

Even with whatever Dan did, every run I still cared and cheered whenever they go for a shot and get an alien for example or when an alien misses and doesn't kill one of their team members.

Yup, been watching it since they started last year. You're in for a ride with RE5, lots of great moments in that one.

Mary's frustration levels are super high for a lot of 5. Adding a co-op partner just made things more chaotic. But 6 seems to be going a bit smoother for them so far.

It would be cool if she played RE7 in VR. She's put off playing and reading about it all year so they could finish the other 6 main games first.

Salarians

Go back and look at the facial animation in the original LiS -- this is a vast improvement. Like, this sort of animation absolutely did not happen in the original:
tumblr_inline_ornwf1TxRT1sd0owb_540.gif

Also, the only way that anime could be worse is if it was called "Gamer's".
yeah, the animations are really good, especially the lip sync

even with the unfortunate stuff regarding the voice acting, it seems like this was made with a lot of care and attention

danm999

Yeah Vinny needs to stop them making themselves again in Exquisite Corps.

Removes tension and worsens tactical decision making as people prioritising keeping their namesakes safe.

Otherwise Dan played pretty well.

I bought Nier Automata because of all the talk from the GB crew and I'd like to give it a go before GOTY discussions spoil it. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype.

Joeku

I bought Nier Automata because of all the talk from the GB crew and I'd like to give it a go before GOTY discussions spoil it. Here's hoping it lives up to the hype.

Have fun, and don't fall into an existential hole! It's a great game that doesn't show its hand for several hours.

Nerokis

The people who recommended The Polygon Show were on point. It's absolutely fantastic. Everyone is incredibly likeable, has great chemistry, and the banter so far has been top notch. They seem to have a nice range of tastes in games, too. Like, there's at least one person who's a fan of JRPGs.

For those who missed the earlier conversation about podcast recommendations, this is a podcast starring four women who work for Polygon. There are 14 episodes so far, plus 1 mini pilot episode. I listened to the most recent one, and liked it enough that I decided to listen to it from the beginning.

Joeku

Yeah I'm gonna give it a while to sink in, I've heard that same thing from a lot of other people.

Yeah, it's generally pretty cool early on, but it doesn't really come into its own for a fair bit. To be honest, it's something I think you have to give the benefit of the doubt to because it takes a fair bit to really play out, and tell you why people love it. But it's worth pushing through.

The people who recommended The Polygon Show were on point. It's absolutely fantastic. Everyone is incredibly likeable, has great chemistry, and the banter so far has been top notch. They seem to have a nice range of tastes in games, too. Like, there's at least one person who's a fan of JRPGs.

For those who missed the earlier conversation about podcast recommendations, this is a podcast starring four women who work for Polygon. There are 14 episodes so far, plus 1 mini pilot episode. I listened to the most recent one, and liked it enough that I decided to listen to it from the beginning.

Gotta agree, that beyond the obvious refreshing thing of it being hosted by women, there's a very playful level of shitting on each other and themselves that's super persistent. They're slowly peeling themselves open episode by episode and I have no doubt it's going to keep going that way for a while.

You might think you've peeped the scene but you haven't, the real one's far too mean.
The watered down one, the one you know, was made up centuries ago.
They made it sound all wack and corny, yes it's awful blasted boring
Twisted fiction, sick addiction, well gather round children zip it listen!

God tier opening.

Straight up still the best album of the '10s so far.

ryseing

We already have My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy as the classic of the 21st century.

No need for outdated ones.

You might think you've peeped the scene but you haven't, the real one's far too mean.
The watered down one, the one you know, was made up centuries ago.
They made it sound all wack and corny, yes it's awful blasted boring
Twisted fiction, sick addiction, well gather round children zip it listen!

God tier opening.

are they crazy? fuck yeah Coming to America holds up

The Giant Bomb crew has trouble committing to the quality of anything more than a year old.

"The dark secret about *beloved thing* was that *beloved thing* was never really good." could be a tagline under the Giant Bomb logo.

Top Bottom