• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Fuuuuuuuuck. I went to make a PB&J sandwich only to notice that I bought raspberry jam instead of strawberry. Fuck this fucking world for having multiple red jams with berry in the name right next to each other.

This is fucking horrible. I can't believe this happened. I'm so angry I'm gonna eat this sandwich angrily.

Raspberry is a way better jam for PBJ than Strawberry.

Boysenberry rules above all

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
This reminds me that I bought almond butter a while ago to make sandwiches with and it was weird when I tasted it and I immediately regretted it but I feel bad just throwing it out so it's still in my fridge.

If I wanted to not have peanut butter (there's no real reason not to get it but my sister's allergic and a friend I lived with last year was as well so it's not a thing I usually keep around) I shoulda just gone soy. Impulse food decisions can be bad.

Isn't soy butter just miso paste.

That sounds delicious actually.

Didn't think I'd be annoyed about Dan's antics in the latest EC but I really was. I feel like it goes against the spirit of the feature. Hopefully Alex or Abby change it back because Langzone deserves better dammit!

I made it to Chapter 10 in Knack.

giphy.gif

BTA

Isn't soy butter just miso paste.

That sounds delicious actually.

"Soynut Butter" (which I was surprised to discover is apparently the actual product name and not just what my family called it) basically tastes similar to peanut butter but slightly different and sweeter? I don't necessarily prefer it over peanut butter but it's good and is a totally fine alternative.

Didn't think I'd be annoyed about Dan's antics in the latest EC but I really was. I feel like it goes against the spirit of the feature. Hopefully Alex or Abby change it back because Langzone deserves better dammit!

Do what you want with the rookies, leave the characters already created alone, I'm surprised Vinny didn't raise a bigger stink.

Curufinwe

Will Smith got 12 kills on the way to his last Chicken Dinner. Brining in Will would single handedly give them an huge advantage. Listening to him when playing, he seems to have memorised almost everything about the map... even the placement of a few random rocks

Is he uh, working at the moment?

kvothe

I'm on team raspberry. But it has to be preserves, not jam. No, I don't know the difference but this is a matter of principle.

Antiwhippy

"Soynut Butter" (which I was surprised to discover is apparently the actual product name and not just what my family called it) basically tastes similar to peanut butter but slightly different and sweeter? I don't necessarily prefer it over peanut butter but it's good and is a totally fine alternative.

Alright.

I think my preference still goes to miso butter.

BTA

Honestly I was pretty annoyed (which surprised me?) at the time but I'd sorta rather he stay as that character and not have things messed with further, particularly as killing him in revenge would fuck the team over pretty bad.

If he wants his character to stay back and be safe he might as well be the sniper, right?

Question for someone who has been a GB fan for a long time: What the hell is the digital locker? I know it's a Sony thing, but I've been listening to the GB guys since 2010 and have *never* found an explanation for it, even though I've heard a ton of references to it.

Some people are pretty serious about EC for some reason. Like I don't see why? If they lost, they'll jump to X-COM2 or apply this shit on many other different games. Been having fun watching this series since day 1.

Nishastra

Banned
Some people are pretty serious about EC for some reason. Like I don't see why? If they lost, they'll jump to X-COM2 or apply this shit on many other different games. Been having fun watching this series since day 1.
It's not about winning or losing. They were always going to lose.

The whole point is to build something worth losing, to put in effort and have an attachment to something. If nothing matters at all, then who cares when it's lost?

You should totally watch Resident Kinevil if you haven't yet. It's Gamespots Mike Mahardy, and friend of the site Mary Kish, and they play through Resident Evil 1 through 7. It's essentially Metal Gear Scanlon, except RE instead of MGS, and Mike and Mary instead of Dan and Drew, respectively. They're currently working on RE 6, but I'm only up to episode 10 of RE 4 and have found it entertaining so far.

Youtube playlist

The whole point is to build something worth losing, to put in effort and have an attachment to something. If nothing matters at all, then who cares when it's lost?

Even with whatever Dan did, every run I still cared and cheered whenever they go for a shot and get an alien for example or when an alien misses and doesn't kill one of their team members.
You should totally watch Resident Kinevil if you haven't yet. It's Gamespots Mike Mahardy, and friend of the site Mary Kish, and they play through Resident Evil 1 through 7. It's essentially Metal Gear Scanlon, except RE instead of MGS, and Mike and Mary instead of Dan and Drew, respectively. They're currently working on RE 6, but I'm only up to episode 10 of RE 4 and have found it entertaining so far.

Youtube playlist

Yup, been watching it since they started last year. You're in for a ride with RE5, lots of great moments in that one.

Antiwhippy

So you're saying that EC is yet another existentionalist story this year examining what it means to live?

Antiwhippy

Huh, kinda late to this seeing that I wasn't really in the best state to concentrate on things the past few days, but it's interesting to hear that Abby sold Prey after she googled the ending. The beastcrew seems pretty lukewarm on it overall.

I've heard so many polarising things about the ending at this point.

Huh, kinda late to this seeing that I wasn't really in the best state to concentrate on things the past few days, but it's interesting to hear that Abby sold Prey after she googled the ending. The beastcrew seems pretty lukewarm on it overall.

It is kind of a polarizing ending but I fall on the side that loved it. There are just enough hints throughout the game telegraphing what the ending is all about and it fits right in within the themes of the game. Not everyone will dig it though.

It is kind of a polarizing ending but I fall on the side that loved it. There are just enough hints throughout the game telegraphing what the ending is all about and it fits right in within the themes of the game. Not everyone will dig it though.

I think I discussed it with one of you two (if not both) in the last OT, but I don't blame them for having the lukewarm feelings on it. Part of it was the way I spec'ed/played, but I didn't have nearly as much fun with it as I thought I was going to, especially with how much everyone kept comparing it to Bioshock.

Antiwhippy

So is it more like Deus Ex HR thing where if you don't spec one way you're fucked for boss fights?

Also Vinny's daughter wanting to be shadow the hedgehog is fucking hilarious and adorable.

So is it more like Deus Ex HR thing where if you don't spec one way you're fucked for boss fights?

Also Vinny's daughter wanting to be shadow the hedgehog is fucking hilarious and adorable.

Long story short - I personally fucked something up (I THINK) in the 5 hours I put into it, but the point I was at almost nothing would do damage to the enemies, I didn't have enough healing items, and I didn't really know where to go.

I found out in here that I could have re-spec'ed afterwards, but I wouldn't have known what I messed up with to fix, if that makes sense.

I was trying to do shotgun/slime combos on enemies, but it only works up to a certain point, and even then I wasn't doing a ton of damage.

But like I said, this is just my poor experience with it, haha.

Prey, like Singularity, is a Bioshock-like that's better than Bioshock.

Blasphemy!

Not really, it's just that the game starts kind of hard but gets easier the more things open up and you get other weapons + items. The biggest negative I found with the game was that enemies respawn in rooms you've been through before and over the course of the game the later enemies you meet also respawn in older rooms.

The best advice I could give to anyone starting out the game is to COLLECT ALL THE FUCKING TRASH. Don't leave anything behind because all the junk can be converted into materials which are then used for you to create whatever. Ammo, health, weapons and even fucking upgrade points.

Salarians

Prey is an interesting game that I can respect, but I can't say I had much fun with it after the first few hours. Unlike other "immersive sims" I've played, neither the story nor the mechanics grabbed me. I too looked up the ending, hoping it would get me back on board, but it didn't. Might give it another try someday.

Top Bottom