• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

I don't know if it's because I've never been big on the idea, but I still find it odd how beholden Jeff is to the idea that Destiny was going to be a 10 year singular game with the same character keeping its progression. Again maybe I just interpreted it differently from the beginning because that's not enticing to me.

BTA

After beating Sonic Mania I was left with the urge to try and beat the first 3 sonic games (which I never could as a kid)

I sorta did the opposite where Mania coming out made me want to go back and beat the originals (that I also couldn't beat as a kid) before I played that,

I have not yet started 2 but I probably will soon.

I don't know if it's because I've never been big on the idea, but I still find it odd how beholden Jeff is to the idea that Destiny was going to be a 10 year singular game with the same character keeping its progression. Again maybe I just interpreted it differently from the beginning because that's not enticing to me.

I mean if you go back to pre destiny 1 bungie was saying all of that. Granted even if they did that it would probably work like any other mmo (your gear will quickly be worthless in the new game) but yea.

Harpuia

I mean Jeff still thinks NES Metroid is better than Super Metroid.

The impression that Destiny marketing gave me was that they wanted a game they could continually update, like an MMO. Which they've gone so far back on now that we have a numbered sequel.

Then again, maybe we won't see Destiny 3 for a while.

Wunder

I mean, that's just the MMO model

Not sure what's weird about it, since bringing a MMO-style shooter to consoles would have the potential to be as popular as WoW. I mean it's exactly what Blizzard was attempting to do with Titan, but it didn't really pan out.

patapuf

He was thinking of MMO expansions.

Destiny has a similar structure to games like PSO or the first Guild wars.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Always cracks me up when they say Killzone is old and stale but then Jeff was like 'yeah I could go for another Gears' when Gears 4 got announced

I mean if you go back to pre destiny 1 bungie was saying all of that. Granted even if they did that it would probably work like any other mmo (your gear will quickly be worthless in the new game) but yea.

Destiny 2 is essentially a MMO expansion with hardly any new enemies, no new classes, and most reused abilities.

Meneses

Man, was looking forward to finally starting Destiny on my last day before going back to work but there's fucking maintenance all afternoon.

Also, it seems the Xcom expansion has no performance improvements on consoles either, so the other thing I was looking forward to will be a hard pass.

It's the worst time to not be playing videogames.

I want to pick up War of the Chosen but it is a 30GB download which would take 3 or more days to download here.

Maybe I will just play Jagged Alliance 2 or Silent Storm fresh.

I am still super bummed that the latest Jagged Alliance game ran out of funds and got released half finished. JA2 is one of the best games of all time but relatively few talk about it. Even if it got a good reboot I worry it wouldn't get the attention XCOM does. And I love XCOM too.

I mean Jeff still thinks NES Metroid is better than Super Metroid.

The impression that Destiny marketing gave me was that they wanted a game they could continually update, like an MMO. Which they've gone so far back on now that we have a numbered sequel.

Then again, maybe we won't see Destiny 3 for a while.

So this is what I'm saying by maybe it's on me and what I wanted out of Destiny, but I always interpreted the 10 year plan as this is how much we are investing in the franchise, not a game with a 10 year long lifespan. I even thought Bungie came out and said that was not their intention after that quote was said.

Zaph

I had to pull myself away from Destiny 2 on Sunday after about 8 hours - I wish this maintenance was permanent.

The game is so blatant with its hooks but I just can't help myself.

oti

Banned
what are the must play games before goty delibs guys... what MUST i play to be in on the discussion by the end of the year !!

Zelda
Destiny 2
PUBG
Horizon
Mario
Mario & Rabbids
Mass Effect (lol)
Sonic Mania (lol)
Knack 2 (lol?)
Shadow of Wardor
Hellblade
Southpark