• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT32| I've been meaning to love a boat

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Are there rules for which region a game has released in?

Can a game that isn't released in NA be eligible?

I mean they're making exceptions for an early access game to win 2ñd best game of 2017 so obviously they will make an exception here for the goty.

1CXB52f.png

ev0

I want to pick up War of the Chosen but it is a 30GB download which would take 3 or more days to download here.

Maybe I will just play Jagged Alliance 2 or Silent Storm fresh.

I am still super bummed that the latest Jagged Alliance game ran out of funds and got released half finished. JA2 is one of the best games of all time but relatively few talk about it. Even if it got a good reboot I worry it wouldn't get the attention XCOM does. And I love XCOM too.

It is rare I run into a fellow JA2 lover. Literally in my top 5 GOATs. And yes, people either dont talk about it or have never heard of it.

I backed that JA kickstarter, on the $100+ tier and never got jack shit from it. Live and learn.

Nordic Games bought the rights to JA two years ago; they def have more resources than some small indie dev, but they don't seem to be doing anything with the IP.

what are the must play games before goty delibs guys... what MUST i play to be in on the discussion by the end of the year !!

RE7
Yakuza 0
Nioh(Maybe)
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Nier: Automata
Persona 5
Prey
Pyre
Hellblade
Horizon
What Remains of Edith Finch
Night in the Woods
Splatoon 2
PUBG
Sonic Mania
Absolver
Mario + Rabbids
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Middle-earth: Shadow of War
Wolfenstein 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Call of Duty: WWII
Star Wars Battlefront II

I would also say Evil Within 2 but I don't think anybody is going to give it a chance.

RE7
Yakuza 0
Nioh(Maybe)
Persona 5
Prey
Pyre
Hellblade
PUBG
Sonic Mania
Absolver
Mario + Rabbids
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Wolfenstein 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Star Wars Battlefront II

I would also say Evil Within 2 but I don't think anybody is going to give it a chance.

You will be doing well if you can get through that lot before the GOTY discussions.

Vic_Viper

Do we have any idea when the next Beast in the East series will start with Yakuza Kiwami?

What time does the Bombcast streams usually start? Havent been able to watch one in a while and actually will be free today.

Catvoca

Banned
RE7
Yakuza 0
Nioh(Maybe)
Persona 5
Prey
Pyre
Hellblade
PUBG
Sonic Mania
Absolver
Mario + Rabbids
Destiny 2
Cuphead
Wolfenstein 2
Super Mario Odyssey
Star Wars Battlefront II

Probably have to play What Remains of Edith Finch and Night in the Woods too.

You forgot Horizon as well (understandably). And Splatoon 2. Fuck there were a lot of games this year.

House in Fata Morgana
Steins;Gate 0
Kentucky Route 0
Gravity Rush 2

Steins;Gate 0 and HiFM were both last year.

Danganronpa V3 is out soon though!

oti

Banned
RE7 - watched it on YouTube
Yakuza 0 - watched a bit of BiTE, gonna play it myself eventually
Nioh - no
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - game of the generation
Nier: Automata - watched a story synopsis
Persona 5 - no
Prey - no
Pyre - no
Hellblade - will play it
PUBG - tried it
Sonic Mania - no comment
Absolve - no
Mario + Rabbids - love it
Destiny 2 - love it
Cuphead - day 1
Middle-earth: Shadow of War - will play eventually
Wolfenstein 2 - no
Super Mario Odyssey - pre-ordered
Call of Duty: WWII - no
Star Wars Battlefront II - no

I'd say that's pretty good. Maybe I could play Hellblade, Yakuza and Wardor before the deliberations, in addition to Mario and the Zelda DLC.

BTA

You forgot Horizon as well (understandably)

Night in the Woods definitely will and Edith Finch might, yeah.

Off the top of my head (and a quick glance at what I personally played from March onwards) I think The Sexy Brutale might also come up for some awards if Vinny played more of it?

Mario
Nier
Mario & Rabbids
Destiny 2
Yakuza 0
Wolfenstein 2
Hellblade

added yakuza. this is my list of what I would like to play before year's end in order... First 4 I definitely want to try myself. damn. too many games.

e: i want to play prey as well god. and fidel. and the sexy brutale. and bokida. GOD

You forgot Horizon as well (understandably). And Splatoon 2. Fuck there were a lot of games this year.

Don't know how I missed them since I was reading off the wiki list lmao but yeah, just goes to show how many games are there this year and most of them are fucking great.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If you're happy to watch RE7 on youtube then you should definitely watch Hellblade on Youtube

because RE7 has actually fun boss fights

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
RE7 was so good. I'd feel awful watching it and not having control. Would completely ruin the game.

Oh, hmm, I think Tacoma might also come up; Brad liked it, right?

Brad and Alex. It may come up but I think Night in the Woods will hold more weight. It'll be Alex & Abby when it comes to that game. Thinking about Prey, only Ben will probably talk about it at length lol.

TraBuch

Banned
When is Rockstar releasing Bully 2 with a multi-player mode where people can get ridiculously in character and go around attending classes while people role play as faculty and then a new student shows up and she's cute and southern but there's something off about her and she befriends the resident troublemaking drug dealer and the school geek who is in love with the hot cheerleader and the geek finds a weird bug on the football field and shows it to Jon Stewart who discovers that it loves water and grows fast and suddenly all the teachers start acting really weird and then some students start acting weird and the drug dealer kills Jon Stewart after he attacks the geek and they find out there are aliens taking over people and it turns out the drug dealer's drugs kill those aliens so the outcast group all take drugs to prove they're not aliens and it turns out the hot cheerleader is one and she destroys all the drugs and gets away and they all go to the school to kill the aliens but it turns out the cute girl new student is the fucking alien queen and she gets naked and tries to kill the drug dealer but they're able to kill her instead and then the geek gets the hot cheerleader to fall in love with him and the drug dealer joins the football team and they all live happily ever after.

When's that game coming out?

Top Bottom