• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakinn

If the offer was for signing up for audible, I would triple check to make sure you cancelled. I followed a similar offer a year ago and am 100 percent positive I cancelled the subscription, only to find out I was getting charged for 6 months.

Had to call them and complain. Was told to I had to call them to fully cancel. Swear to god. Got refunded though.

Sport is such a strange game. With the huge numbers the series does you'd think it would have a pretty significant "casual" crowd that primarily plays the offline campaign stuff. Pretty weird to have their first release in a new gen focusing solely on the super-hardcore. Maybe their numbers suggest otherwise, I guess?

My enjoyment of GT over the years lines up almost 1:1 with Dynasty Warriors. Was ignorant of their PS1 roots, fell hard for their PS2 entries, got tired of them by PS3, immediately bounce off of them on PS4.

Sakwoff

The weird thing is... like, hasn't Gran Turismo always been part of the GTA/COD/FIFA crowd of games that get bought by people who buy maybe 3 games a year and are not really tuned into games media and the like?

I mean, there's probably going to be a ton of people getting this game and then going "wtf is this shit", right? Because it isn't like the game screams "THIS ISN'T THE GRAN TURISMO YOU WANT" at you from the outset.

Releasing this super arcane boutique thing under that name sounds to me like a pretty good way to kill off your brand in the mainstream.

Get Even, ECHO and Elex all seem cool to me and kinda on the same level of scope, I have a soft spot for games that try to do something cool and for the most part succeed despite evident flaws, the industry needs more games like those.

Get Even does things with sound that no other game this gen does. The game is overly ambitious in its plot that it kind of looses itself up its own ass by the end but I really appreciated what they went for.
Speaking of Ben's jokes, where's Kingdom Heartache?

Probably after the new hire stuff is done at this point.

The weird thing is... like, hasn't Gran Turismo always been part of the GTA/COD/FIFA crowd of games that get bought by people who buy maybe 3 games a year and are not really tuned into games media and the like?

I mean, there's probably going to be a ton of people getting this game and then going "wtf is this shit", right? Because it isn't like the game screams "THIS ISN'T THE GRAN TURISMO YOU WANT" at you from the outset.

Releasing this super arcane boutique thing under that name sounds to me like a pretty good way to kill off your brand in the mainstream.

This is basically the Street Fighting 5 of the racing genre. It's launching super content light, especially when it comes to single player. Though it'll probably still sell a lot better than SFV.

I recall GT6 not doing that well.

It still sold like 5 million copies which is a bad number for GT but still a lot.

PD / Sony really fucked up not planning better for GT PS4.

Sport just feels like it should be a launch window game. Limited features and focus but at least if it launched 3/4 years ago you would hope a real GT7 would be out this gen,

Get Even does things with sound that no other game this gen does. The game is overly ambitious in its plot that it kind of looses itself up its own ass by the end but I really appreciated what they went for..

That's pretty much exactly why I'm interested in it, the potential and ambition is something I really value in games.

g44KBpK.jpg

This made me check the podcast reviews that iOS 11 displays for each GB feed and they’re all boring and outdated.

not nearly as good as the ones for FatT or The Polygon Show
which were written by people involved with them

The Polygon Show itunes reviews spammed by user name "Justin McElroy" made me giggle a whole bunch.

BTA

What's the trivia game that everyone keeps talking about.

It’s called HQ.

Is it a thing now? I know some of the staff + Waypoint’s staff are playing it but I never heard of it before the Waypoint Radio where they explained it.

I’m so out of the loop
and probably more than a little starved for social interaction
now that I’ve gone from constantly talking to like 10-20 people between classes every day to talking to my coworkers at meetings and maybe lunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom