• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lari

I've been enjoying Six Crazy Frights so far. Probably helps that I get almost as scared as Abby during some parts.

Hasney

half the fun of bring your b game was arguing with chat about what a b game is

No what.

That was the only thing that made it not a GBeast playdate.

And it was greaaaaaaat. I've never smiled so manically at a content in my life.

It felt like a playdate with a bad game and instead of the usual fun conversations about whatever, just the boring B-game bullshit. I'm sure at some point it probably degraded to "your face is a b-game". I don't know, I'd stopped watching by then.

BTA

It shows that even through assimilation they still can't find a place in society. :(

How creepypasta is it? I tend to find creepyopasta stuff kinda cringey.

Fairly creepypasta, and I don't think the writing/content itself is particularly great, but so far it has a pretty interesting/creepy visual execution of it. Not sure how well that'll hold up over the 2-3 hours I apparently have left of it though.

Wait, it's a horror game? Just from the screenshots I thought it was another one of the millions of generic VNs.

23ce71307f.png

652894e1a7.png

Huh.

Yeah, that last line of the description's all you really need to completely give it away.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, watching Abby go crazy shouting Jareth in an increasingly manic way was great.

Yeah, 5-10 great mins out of 2 hours of bullshit walking back and forth with no idea what to do, which to be perfectly clear is not any of Abby's fault.

PT was great in that period where everyone was still wondering what it was, but only for that moment. Which to be fair was what it was designed for.

demidar

Fairly creepypasta, and I don't think the writing/content itself is particularly great, but so far it has a pretty interesting/creepy visual execution of it. Not sure how well that'll hold up over the 2-3 hours I apparently have left of it though.

Yeah, that last line of the description's all you really need to completely give it away.

Now I'm intrigued. I'll pick it up when I have spare time, as my time is torn between the Overwatch Halloween event and the Granblue collab event with Cardcaptor Sakura.

Still haven't installed The House of Fats Morgana

Yeah, 5-10 great mins out of 2 hours of bullshit walking back and forth with no idea what to do, which to be perfectly clear is not any of Abby's fault.

PT was great in that period where everyone was still wondering what it was, but only for that moment. Which to be fair was what it was designed for.

I had it on in the background so it didn't really bother me.

Jintor

so somehow with a gmg voucher it turns out i could buy SoW for $40 au buckaroonies which seemed okay so

uh

praise lootboxes i guess

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Now I'm intrigued. I'll pick it up when I have spare time, as my time is torn between the Overwatch Halloween event and the Granblue collab event with Cardcaptor Sakura.

It's ok to admit you like fat persona 5 fanart, we don't kink shame.

Play fata Morgana.

BTA

I had it on in the background so it didn't really bother me.

I mean, it's free, so you can just go for it whenever.

(play Fata Morgana already)

BTA

I like that they spend the start of Six Crazy Frights 3 trying to avoid glare.

Because I'm watching it on the train to work and I feel very suspicious tenting my coat over my phone just to see the video and not my reflection.

hamchan

Finished FFXII: the Zodiac Age in time for all the October games and before I bothered to finish other long games like Persona 5 and Nioh hooray.

Zodiac Age must be one of the best remasters ever because it took a game I wasn’t super into back on the PS2 and turned it into a game I now think is a masterpiece. It helps that I’m playing it after FFXV was my last one too with all the big problems and flaws that game has.

Now I can watch the quick look of this game and see if Giant Bomb poo poo it.

Finished FFXII: the Zodiac Age in time for all the October games and before I bothered to finish other long games like Persona 5 and Nioh hooray.

Zodiac Age must be one of the best remasters ever because it took a game I wasn’t super into back on the PS2 and turned it into a game I now think is a masterpiece. It helps that I’m playing it after FFXV was my last one too with all the big problems and flaws that game has.

Now I can watch the quick look of this game and see if Giant Bomb poo poo it.

I'm at the entrance to the temple at the mountains. Level 22. I'm guessing I'm not very close to the end huh?

It is a really good game though.

oti

Banned
I don't know why anyone would want to get Destiny 2 right now with the games that are coming out in 2 weeks or so.

You could get Destiny 2 now, play through it and set it aside for the upcoming avalanche of new games though. That way you'd be ready for the new content drops with everyone else.

You could get Destiny 2 now, play through it and set it aside for the upcoming avalanche of new games though. That way you'd be ready for the new content drops with everyone else.

If your whole point of getting Destiny 2 is to go through it as quickly as possible then it ain't worth it. The game unfortunately didn't hook me much like the first one. I'm glad I played it but it's going to be set aside now for the rest of its life.

oti

Banned
If your whole point of getting Destiny 2 is to go through it as quickly as possible then it ain't worth it. The game unfortunately didn't hook me much like the first one. I'm glad I played it but it's going to be set aside now for the rest of its life.

No, that's not what I meant. It's a good game and one can absolutely finish it before the new wave of games hits, is what I'm saying. To be ready for the new games and also for the new Destiny content, if one is interested in that. Otherwise one would have to play catch-up, if they want to play the new content with friends for instance.

I'm not playing Destiny 2 anymore but I finished it and I'm satisfied with it so far.

Were they actually shitting on SFV for offering a way to buy characters with in game rewards?

Just listened to this part of the bombcast and yes, they did. The whole street fighter segment was rough to listen to

I don't care about the game that much but it is clear that for some reason they (Jeff in particular) will never come around on SFV no matter what happens. Even as someone who isn't in the community it is frustrating to listen to.

strafer

man, i'm fucking sick.

My nose is clogged. My ears are clogged, I have a fever and diarrhea, feels like everything is collapsing.

I have binged so much Netflix.

No, that's not what I meant. It's a good game and one can absolutely finish it before the new wave of games hits, is what I'm saying. To be ready for the new games and also for the new Destiny content, if one is interested in that. Otherwise one would have to play catch-up, if they want to play the new content with friends for instance.

I'm not playing Destiny 2 anymore but I finished it and I'm satisfied with it so far.

I guess it depends on how curious he is about Destiny 2. Still though, I don't think it's a great game. A good one for sure and it is what Destiny 1 should've been from the start but man...they could and should've done so much more. It's kind of insane to me that Bungie still didn't create anything that tops Halo 3. That was 10 years ago.

I don't care about the game that much but it is clear that for some reason they (Jeff in particular) will never come around on SFV no matter what happens. Even as someone who isn't in the community it is frustrating to listen to.

That's Jeff for you. SFV has been fine for at least a year now. It's more fully-featured than Tekken 7 and has a better DLC model. I prefer Tekken as a game but it's clear that SFV's launch stink will never wash off it for some reason unless Capcom starts handing out sexual favors to all players of the game.

Expecting Jeff to ever change his opinion on anything though, that's impossible.

hamchan

I kind of lost interest in Destiny 2 in the interim between the PS4 and PC release (which I was waiting on). Not even sure if I'll get it now.

I preordered Destiny 2 on PC which is now feeling more and more like a mistake. The hype has deflated and I don’t feel like using a lot of time on the game. Will probably rush through the campaign and then not get on the grind train.

I’m starting to feel like playing some PS1 games like Suikoden 1&2, I feel like playing those more than anything else until Mario Odyssey.

And with all the new games having dodgy loot boxes, season passes, GOTY editions and fast price drops, I feel like going the /r/patientgamers way is the right way and saving a bunch of money.

J_Viper

"Real Mugman Hours" made me laugh way harder than it probably should have

Expecting Jeff to ever change his opinion on anything though, that's impossible.
One of the bigger GB twists of the year was Jeff coming around on Wildlands after initially trashing it so hard
I can't think of another time that has happened

Meguro

Banned
Jeff's resistance to change his stance on things will be PUBG's downfall as it gets relegated to winning "Early Access game of the year".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom