• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blade Runner 2049 is a masterpiece, and is better than the original in nearly every way. I encourage all of you to go watch it. You'll have a great time.

Phu

Banned
I can't believe they had trouble mushroom hopping and very little issue with the Chucksters. Does GBE live in a mirror dimension?

The only thing I don't like about Blade Runner 2049 is knowing it'll be a couple years until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. All I want to do is play that game right now.

vdfw9yK.png

Carpenter is always wonderful

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dude if I'm that old I would just want to chill at home all day too.

Hell, I don't have to be that old to want that.

The original is my favorite film of all time, and I am super surprised to say that I agree with you. Absolutely loved it.

Yeah, I hear you. I wasn't as surprised because I had faith in Villeneuve. But I totally understand the skepticism of the fans of the original movie considering how often Hollywood fucks up sequels to beloved films.

The only thing I don't like about Blade Runner 2049 is knowing it'll be a couple years until Cyberpunk 2077 comes out. All I want to do is play that game right now.

dude you have no idea how badly I want to play that game. Like, it's insane. I'm in full cyberpunk mode right now.

I should read the Neuromancer book I bought-and-didn't-read years ago.

Antiwhippy

I don't know how well nueromancer would fit for that. I actually do wonder how well it would hold up now. Back then as an introduction to cyberpunk it was some pretty heady shit but more advanced examinations using the same themes has since been released.

Jintor

I don't know how well nueromancer would fit for that. I actually do wonder how well it would hold up now. Back then as an introduction to cyberpunk it was some pretty heady shit but more advanced examinations using the same themes has since been released.

I read it last year and it's still wonderful. Obviously dated in many ways like the extent of technology or people geeking out about memory limits we've long since surpassed, but if you just kind put all that stuff to one side it's still a hella thing.

Still prefer Snow Crash though but I like heists.

Megasoum

Banned
Blade Runner 2049 is a masterpiece, and is better than the original in nearly every way. I encourage all of you to go watch it. You'll have a great time.

I'll have to rewatch it when it comes out on bluray.

I like what I saw but I dozed off through part of it (not the film's fault... Sit me down in a dark and warm room in a comfy chair at 9 in the morning and there's no way I'm staying awake lol).

I like what I saw but I dozed off through part of it (not the film's fault... Sit me down in a dark and warm room in a comfy chair at 9 in the morning and there's no way I'm staying awake lol).

You reminded me of my dad's friend. He has always said that the best place to sleep at is the cinemas. I remember when we went to Fellowship of the Ring on day 1, midnight and he pretty much slept through the entire thing 30 minutes in. Me and my dad got out talking about how great the film was while he was going off about how great his sleep was, "long movies are the best!".

you were able to sleep through that LOUDNESS? haha

dude in IMAX that movie fucking OWNS

Megasoum

Banned
You reminded me of my dad's friend. He has always said that the best place to sleep at is the cinemas. I remember when we went to Fellowship of the Ring on day 1, midnight and he pretty much slept through the entire thing 30 minutes in. Me and my dad got out talking about how great the film was while he was going off about how great his sleep was, "long movies are the best!".

Funny you'd say that... I also dozed off during the first LOTR in theater.... Both times I've seen it in theater haha.

The moment they get to the Cate Blanchett forest I just can't stay awake.

Lari

Warm theaters are awful.

When I went to see Rogue One the theater AC was broken. The guy warned us upfront about it, but there was no turning back at that point.

By the end of the movie I was drenched in sweat, prob looked like I came from a swimming pool.

Kaizer

Banned
Trying to decide if I should get Overwatch or Splatoon 2 for my main multiplayer game of the moment. On one hand, I played Overwatch during the beta & already know I'll enjoy it for a long time. I have no experience with Splatoon whatsoever but it does look really fun, I just wonder if it's the type of game I'd have fun playing for months.

Antiwhippy

I played overwatch for around 500 hours or so and Splatoon 2 for 40 hours if that's any indication.

TBF splatoon 2 did pretty well because most of the time I would play online shooters for 20 or so hours, it's just that overwatch is the anomaly for me.

Though right now overwatch's balance is kinda fuuuuuuuucked but that really shouldn't matter unless you're really competitve.

J_Viper

Trying to decide if I should get Overwatch or Splatoon 2 for my main multiplayer game of the moment. On one hand, I played Overwatch during the beta & already know I'll enjoy it for a long time. I have no experience with Splatoon whatsoever but it does look really fun, I just wonder if it's the type of game I'd have fun playing for months.
If you enjoy spending an hour to unlock a loot box filled with trash, you'll LOVE Overwatch

Stoze

I actually can't remember the last time I've spent more than 100 hours in a competitive multiplayer game. Got close with Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 but not sure if I surpassed that mark (and I don't even like MW2).

In the last couple years I've been finding it hard to pass the 30 hour mark, whether it be PUBG, Rocket League, BF1, Overwatch, etc.. I think I spent around 50 with Splatoon 1 and that was on my GotY list.

If you enjoy spending an hour to unlock a loot box filled with trash, you'll LOVE Overwatch

I played some Overwatch today for the first time in months. Got 3 lootboxes. All 3 had one blue and 3 white items. These lootboxes are so terrible. I don't know why they haven't copied the HotS model already.

valeo

I actually can't remember the last time I've spent more than 100 hours in a competitive multiplayer game. Got close with Bad Company 2 and Modern Warfare 2 but not sure if I surpassed that mark (and I don't even like MW2).

In the last couple years I've been finding it hard to pass the 30 hour mark, whether it be PUBG, Rocket League, BF1, Overwatch, etc.. I think I spent around 50 with Splatoon 1 and that was on my GotY list.

Overwatch, Rocket League and PUBG are all far over 100 hours for me. It's stopped me playing any other games basically.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I haven't seen this this week's SMS, but man, what a good feature.

Nerokis

I rewatched the original a few hours before I saw 2049, and fell in love all over again. It left me with a lot of lingering feelings as I went into the sequel, which I think burdened the experience in a way. By the time it ended, I felt I had watched a great movie, but one that somehow fell short of the one I had seen earlier in the day.

But then I drove home. And on that drive, I couldn’t stop thinking about 2049. And the lingering feelings about the original became lingering feelings about the sequel. And yeah, now I’m on the same page as you. 2049 does that thing where it manages to be a special movie on its own merits, but is also specifically a very, very good follow-up that wrestles with and justifies its existence. It’s sort of unbelievable that such a thing can be said about a new Blade Runner movie.

I saw BR2049 at an 11:00pm screening after a fairly tiring day and a big-ass meal, so going in I was pretty afraid I was gonna fall asleep part way through (I should also mention this was at the Alamo Drafthouse so I had a big ol drink in front of me as well, because fuck it). But I had no trouble staying awake, shit had me glued.

I had about 1300hrs on BF3 lol Most recently I had over 300hrs each on Siege and Titanfall 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom