• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn, the Karspankey household is becoming a Switch house

My brother won one from a raffle at his job today. I just left that place recently myself lol. I would have stuck through it for a little while longer had I known there'd be a raffle

They were giving away 4K OLEDs and shit too

Anyways, my Mom wants a Switch now and she hasn't played games since Galaga on the N64 haha

I rewatched the original a few hours before I saw 2049, and fell in love all over again. It left me with a lot of lingering feelings as I went into the sequel, which I think burdened the experience in a way. By the time it ended, I felt I had watched a great movie, but one that somehow fell short of the one I had seen earlier in the day.

But then I drove home. And on that drive, I couldn’t stop thinking about 2049. And the lingering feelings about the original became lingering feelings about the sequel. And yeah, now I’m on the same page as you. 2049 does that thing where it manages to be a special movie on its own merits, but is also specifically a very, very good follow-up that wrestles with and justifies its existence. It’s sort of unbelievable that such a thing can be said about a new Blade Runner movie.

yup

For me, Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049 are interlinked. Movies interlinked within movies interlinked.

INTERLINKED

Of course, the Switch eshop has a bunch of games that intrigue me.

Plus Unbox: Newbie's Adventure (that box game Jeff played on a UPF) is coming out tomorrow on Switch. I kinda want it but maybe I'll wait till the big releases later this month.

BTA

I'm home.

Time to take a big sip from my coffee mug that says "I never want to hear anyone talk about Yoshi's genitals" and start this episode of Steal My Sunshine.

I just got done watching MacGruber since Dan seems to think highly of it, and since I haven't seen it, and it's not a good movie. The action is nonexistent and it only has two somewhat funny parts, the part where the van full of wrestlers explodes and the part where Vicki has to fish spare change out of a tip jar. Honestly, MacGruber is the Joe Dirt 2 of action movies.

I just got done watching MacGruber since Dan seems to think highly of it, and since I haven't seen it, and it's not a good movie. The action is nonexistent and it only has two somewhat funny parts, the part where the van full of wrestlers explodes and the part where Vicki has to fish spare change out of a tip jar. Honestly, MacGruber is the Joe Dirt 2 of action movies.

man you're just full of terrible opinions, huh

Eh, everybody has a terrible comedy movie they like because they watched it at exactly the right time.

Also, I doubt Villenueve will get for Blade Runner's lack of box office success - it was a poisoned chalice in many ways and the fact it turned out to be a good movie is likely enough for WB.

Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if the numbers being thrown around for Blade Runner include a consolidation of every attempt to make a sequel since the 80's.

BTA

I cannot believe how much time they've spent barely getting close to the very hard level they're trying to play.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Anchorman would have aged better if it hadn't been quoted to high hell and back.

Not really the movie's fault, in that case.

Like honestly I still have really fond memories of anchorman, but I can't remember anything super quotable other than the "that escalated quickly" meme.

This latest SMS was... ok. I miss Kingdom Heartache, though.

RwHbE0w.png

daveo42

Banned
HoU5A9u.png

inb4benshouldknowwhathe'stalkingabout

I don't think anyone one person knows everything about the Gundam Universe. Or I guess universes depending on show, timeline, characters, events, etc. I mean, maybe you know enough about the events surrounding OG Gundam Universe, which includes several anime and spans decades. Maybe you're insane and you only care about the SEED retelling of OG Gundam in a separate universe. Maybe you are actually truly insane and love G Gundam. Or even worse, SD Gundam.

I think Ben tho...he'll do okay, even though having Vinny and Austin there would have gone a long way in filling in the gaps of his Gundam knowledge.

Tubobutts

Abby figures out that T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas is obviously supposed to be the scientific name and the rubes tell her she’s wrong.

I’m still mad three years later about the so-called “games journalists” who got this wrong.

oti

Banned
The Dan stuff was a bit much this time I think. I liked the game part, but the talk around it wasn't great.

I feel you. SMS is good because of the game. It shouldn't turn into another Waypoint/Dan comedy hour in my opinion. Maybe Mario Sunshine has overstayed its welcome and they should move to the next Mario game.

Curious to see what they'll do without Vinny next week.

BTA

This is reminding me that I sorta want to catch up on Doctor Who before the holidays.

It's not going to be good and I'm 2 seasons behind but I want to see the new Doctor, so.

EDIT: oti what does waypoint even mean to you

I don't think anyone one person knows everything about the Gundam Universe. Or I guess universes depending on show, timeline, characters, events, etc. I mean, maybe you know enough about the events surrounding OG Gundam Universe, which includes several anime and spans decades. Maybe you're insane and you only care about the SEED retelling of OG Gundam in a separate universe. Maybe you are actually truly insane and love G Gundam. Or even worse, SD Gundam.

I think Ben tho...he'll do okay, even though having Vinny and Austin there would have gone a long way in filling in the gaps of his Gundam knowledge.

What if

It's Austin+Vinny+Ben? They have the technology. Austins been playing Gundam. Believe.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I feel you. SMS is good because of the game. It shouldn't turn into another Waypoint/Dan comedy hour in my opinion. Maybe Mario Sunshine has overstayed its welcome and they should move to the next Mario game.

Curious to see what they'll do without Vinny next week.

Why are you so anti-horny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom