• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

yeah, it's a shame they don't have any more garbage Mario games to all play together for our amusement

I still think Dan should sort out a Sonic Shuffle Shindig.

From the makers of Mario Party comes a game with worse mechanics... And extra long load times featuring the backing music of that grinding Dreamcast GD-ROM drive!

I still played it more than I would like to admit.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Look, dan himself said that sunshine is better than Mario 64.

Are you going to deny dan the foremost expert on Mario?

Look, dan himself said that sunshine is better than Mario 64.

Are you going to deny dan the foremost expert on Mario?

You mean Dan "I'm a film major who hasn't seen half of the landmark films created" Rykert... Yeah, I'm gonna pass on his areas of expertise...

Unless it's wrestling cause I guess he knows about that stuff

Antiwhippy

I mean I would argue that pineapple in pizza is better than all of Mario.

Pineapple + ham + anchovies is the way to go.

There's Mario 64 still to come.

Giant Bomb have never properly played it. The closest they got was when Drew brought in his Framemeister a couple of times.

Super Mario 64 is one of my favourite games ever. If East play it, I won't watch. They'll play it poorly and blame the game for it.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Giant Bomb have never properly played it. The closest they got was when Drew brought in his Framemeister a couple of times.

Super Mario 64 is one of my favourite games ever. If East play it, I won't watch. They'll play it poorly and blame the game for it.
And rightly so.
64 was just abad implementaion of 3D.
If it was not for Goldeneye, then that console would just be another failure.

Dan "Mario 3D Land isn't a mainline Mario game" Ryckert

Mario 3D Land totally isn't mainline. It's a game where you play short length levels and then go back to a over world to move to the next level. That's totally different than other mainline Mario games like Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros. 3

oti

Banned

Isn't that part of the fun though. I'd love to see East play Galaxy 2 and Vinny hating Nintendo as usual, then posting about it on here with a bunch of gifs and jokes. It's part of the GB experience.

Antiwhippy

For real though as someone who grew up on Thai and South East Asian food pople need to embrace pineapple on savoury.

Might as well go all the way and put in chilli slices and onion. Maybe Thai basil. Make a thai pizza.

oti

Banned
For real though as someone who grew up on Thai and South East Asian food pople need to embrace pineapple on savoury.

Might as well go all the way and put in chilli slices and onion. Maybe Thai basil. Make a thai pizza.

I don't need to embrace it because I'm already here, Whippy.

Pizza Hawaii is great.

It's just weird. When I eat a slice of pineapple I don't put a pizza on it.

Dan "Mario 3D Land isn't a mainline Mario game" Ryckert

TWUthR1.png

I bet Dan's reasoning for why Super Mario 3D World doesn't count would be awfully similar to someone's reasoning for why a game like Super Mario 64 wouldn't

For me it's always a mood kind of thing. Sometimes I want sweet & savoury, sometimes I don't. That's about it.

Hindl

He considers what Nintendo says canon. See the koopalings and all the weird shit he asked miyamoto. When introducing Odyssey Nintendo said 3d land/world were continuations of the Galaxy games. Therefore Dan is wrong
I bet Dan's reasoning for why Super Mario 3D World doesn't count would be awfully similar to someone's reasoning for why a game like Super Mario 64 wouldn't
I think it's the multiplayer

Maybe that's the whole point, but the arbitrariness of it really rustles me, even more so than the ”real 3D" shit. Like, it makes no sense.

it really doesn't, it's just people pulling shit out of their ass to canonise their opinions

which, you know, Dan can say
*extremely Pickle Rick voice*
"I'M NEW DAAAAAAN" as much as he likes, but this trait has never been addressed or reduced

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom