• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wunder

Hey guys, how fast are the seasons in Stardew? There being a time mechanic doesn't really affect anything besides what crops you grow, right? Like you can't really miss out on content?

I'm getting actual anxiety playing this haha

what do you mean how fast? how many days? Each season has specific things tied to it - different fish, crops, trees, etc. Specifically if you're looking to round out the museum or the community center you will have to wait for specific seasons to look for those items. You don't lose anything by missing it the first go around, it's just annoying having to wait and the feeling of anxiety I got for not being 100% efficient was enough to make me stop playing.

LiK

I think I know the exact question that was the nail in my coffin too :(

Ugh, if I could go back and do that last interview over...

Experience for the next gig. Good luck duder.
Don't worry, when they leave for Twitch or Patreon, you can apply again.

Hey guys, how fast are the seasons in Stardew? There being a time mechanic doesn't really affect anything besides what crops you grow, right? Like you can't really miss out on content?

I'm getting actual anxiety playing this haha

Nah don't worry about it. The most you could miss out on are festivals and stuff if you don't go to them. Other than that there are certain crops, fish, foraging etc that are season specific (which you might need for bundles), but that's about it. The seasons are 28 days, just make sure any season specific crops you plant will be grown/harvested before the next season starts. Other than that, try not to worry about it, you have infinite time in game so enjoy yourself!

mj5XpiZ.png

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/918922901906182146

LOL

what do you mean how fast? how many days? Each season has specific things tied to it - different fish, crops, trees, etc. Specifically if you're looking to round out the museum or the community center you will have to wait for specific seasons to look for those items. You don't lose anything by missing it the first go around, it's just annoying having to wait and the feeling of anxiety I got for not being 100% efficient was enough to make me stop playing.

Nah don't worry about it. The most you could miss out on are festivals and stuff if you don't go to them. Other than that there are certain crops, fish, foraging etc that are season specific (which you might need for bundles), but that's about it. The seasons are 28 days, just make sure any season specific crops you plant will be grown/harvested before the next season starts. Other than that, try not to worry about it, you have infinite time in game so enjoy yourself!

Thanks you guys! I suppose that it is infinite after all, so I shouldn't fret. I probably shouldn't play the game right before going to actual work is all :p

BTA

I'm only familiar with some Harvest Moons; does Stardew even have something like rivals getting married to potential love interests?

I can't really think of anything else that would be actually time sensitive.

kai3345

Banned
if you don't mind me asking, what was the question and your answer?

It was just a simple "what games are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?" and I was so nervous and so prepared for them to ask me a bunch of technical stuff so I was completely caught off guard that I couldn't think of a single fucking game coming out for the rest of the year and so I just blurted out "Uhh, nothing really" just to break the awkward silence. I followed it up with a "because all the big games I was anticipating this year have already come out." which probably didn't help either. God, I'm so dumb

Edit - sorry to derail the thread with this. i'm at work currently so I can't exactly vent to my coworkers about it :(

I'm only familiar with some Harvest Moons; does Stardew even have something like rivals getting married to potential love interests?

I don't think so, I think everyone who is availble to marry stays that way for the whole game.

It was just a simple "what games are you looking forward to for the rest of the year?" and I was so nervous and so prepared for them to ask me a bunch of technical stuff so I was completely caught off guard that I couldn't think of a single fucking game coming out for the rest of the year and so I just blurted out "Uhh, nothing really" just to break the awkward silence. I followed it up with a "because all the big games I was anticipating this year have already come out." which probably didn't help either. God, I'm so dumb

Oh gosh

I'm so sorry Kai :( If I was there for a technical position I would've frozen up as well :X

Nah they just stay single, there is no time limit on them. You might run into needing an item that you can't get unless you are in certain seasons
needs to be raining in order to buy the required item to get married
but that is it. Even if you run into that you just need to play enough to get back to those season(s).

mj5XpiZ.png

https://twitter.com/alex_navarro/status/918922901906182146

LOL

Thanks you guys! I suppose that it is infinite after all, so I shouldn't fret. I probably shouldn't play the game right before going to actual work is all :p

Hahaha that tweet is pretty good. Yea try to just enjoy it, don't worry :D

Wunder

Edit - sorry to derail the thread with this. i'm at work currently so I can't exactly vent to my coworkers about it :(

wait this was for the GB position? Now I feel bad for suggesting to watch the playdate

Valtýr

I'm legit surprised there was never a Giantbomb Unplugged when Austin was on the staff since he literally does an Actual Play podcast as a side job. Listening to Vinny and Alex try to explain D&D to Dan was fun but I know for fact Austin would be able to explain it better than anyone.

Ben wants all the achievements in Cuphead eh. I'm happy someone brought back cheevo hunting back into GB.

Hope Ben enjoys the
Bravo Zulu P-26: defeat a boss using the tiny plane
achievement because man was that a headache to get :/

Ugh same thing happened to me during a programming interview. I went in there expecting to only whiteboard interview and for them to ask alot of technical application questions and the interviewer at one point just asked "What do you like to do outside of programming? What are your hobbies?" and for some reason I blanked really hard. Was nervous and fumbled over such a simple question. It gets to the best of us but I'm sure you still did a great job and can use this experience later for bigger and better things.

LiK

Oh god, that was probably it. So many big titles are coming out this year. Bummer.

But honestly, I feel like you know games more than Abby and she got it so I'm not sure that's the most important question.

oti

Banned
My premium expired. Wish you guys lots of fun. I'll be catching up on some stuff in the meantime. 🤗

daveo42

Banned

Don't stress my dude. I once told an interviewer on the last round of meetings that I didn't really like pizza. I love pizza, but I rarely eat it as part of my diet, so the words just kind of came out and I feel like that might have been the nail in the coffin for that job.

Sorry Kai, that really sucks. Try not to beat yourself up, interviews are tough :(. Very easy to be taken off guard when its a question you aren't expecting at all.

Kaibutsu

Lest we forget that Dan is the man who once had a spend an evening picking shattered glass out of his ass because he, while drunk, sat on a framed picture he stole that was hidden in his pants.

edit: I love that man

I think I know the exact question that was the nail in my coffin too :(

Ugh, if I could go back and do that last interview over...

Whenever asked if you post on Giant Bomb GAF in job interviews you should always say no.

Congrats on getting as far as you did though. I'm sure they get a huge amount of applicants.

Lari

It's always good to remember that sometimes you getting rejected from a job interview has nothing to do with anything you might perceive as a "screw up" rather than the people running the interviews having to choose from a number of very good candidates.

It's ok Kai :)

I once ended a really good interview at
Subway
by not being able to walk out the front door. It was locked for no reason at all and I looked like a right idiot trying to get out.

I was a setup dammit.

But really, it's probably impossible to say why they didn't choose you. Don't think too much about it because you'll only convince yourself that it was all your fault.

BTA

I... guess Psychic Detective didn't make it?

it'll be neat to see this though since I haven't watched any of it beyond gifs yet

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Honestly the loot box system in OW is completely fine now for me. Between the 'buying with coins' and no duplicate patches for events, I've gotten 6/8 of the new skins just from 20 dollars. And that's as someone who doesnt have a lot of time to play in the first week so you could easily grind them out across the month if you play a lot

I dont think loot boxes in other games is going to last not because of protesting or anything. I just don't think many people are going to be interested in it or find it useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom