• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

freetacos

Why? I thought it was a really fun game that finally changed up the formula fatigue that the Zelda franchise had for tons of games. It's not the end all be all of games ever, but it was a different take on anything Nintendo has done in a while while allowing the player to play through the game however they wanted. the Master Sword Trial DLC was basically a VR missions type of gameplay which I LOVED. I've played and beaten tons of games and Breath Of The Wild is one that I find myself thinking about every month or two even though I beat it in March and then only came back to it to play the DLC. It's a good game, probably the best one this year, in a year that we have tons of games, BotW did something very different. Cuphead is my second in line as that game is totally different but also insanely fun.

I'm mostly trolling. I can appreciate it for what it did, and would actually have no problem if it won GOTY. It's just the only one of the major "GOTY-type" games this year that didn't hook me at ALL

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I'm looking forward to six months from now when the Cuphead fandom has become a beautiful nightmare

tumblr_oxrnz0Cjkg1ri82bco5_1280.jpg

I'm mostly trolling. I can appreciate it for what it did, and would actually have no problem if it won GOTY. It's just the only one of the major "GOTY-type" games this year that didn't hook me at ALL

Ah ok, fair enough. I can see it being a game that doesn't connect with everyone. I thought it was really fun and it was a perfect game for my wife to watch me play. Even when I beat it and moved on to other games, my wife would always (and still does) ask me if I want to play more BotW. It's just....special. But hey, if you couldn't get into it, that's totally fine too. I know there are games out there that everyone else loves, but for whatever reason, I don't care for them.

Strax

Why? I thought it was a really fun game that finally changed up the formula fatigue that the Zelda franchise had for tons of games. It's not the end all be all of games ever, but it was a different take on anything Nintendo has done in a while while allowing the player to play through the game however they wanted. the Master Sword Trial DLC was basically a VR missions type of gameplay which I LOVED. I've played and beaten tons of games and Breath Of The Wild is one that I find myself thinking about every month or two even though I beat it in March and then only came back to it to play the DLC. It's a good game, probably the best one this year, in a year that we have tons of games, BotW did something very different. Cuphead is my second in line as that game is totally different but also insanely fun.

Yeah, it's something totally different but that alone doesn't make it great. Outside of RDR it might be my fav. open world in terms of look and atmosphere but it has some major flaws imo. The combat isn't fun and is literally pointless in the overworld. Everything breaking so fast is huge mistake and not defaulting to another weapon is some 2002 game design. Also the draw distance is unacceptable for a game that so much about exploration.

I do like it, but it's not gonna redefine open world games like some people seem to think.

imBask

Banned
"we might need to go to video games"

no we don't

why can't we watch this for 15 min but we can watch the Dota 2 menu every week for a year? This is infinitely better than that

Spend all UPF watching youtube trash do it

Zaph

Astroneer continues to look absolutely delightful and doing Early Access right, but I just can't deal with entirely free-form games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom