• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Just got to the end of the Beastcast. God damnit Abby and Dan have to be on the holiday roleplay cast this year, that's one of the few things getting me the fuck through 2017. Dan at least better not flake out

freetacos

I love how they completely checked out of the game rorie is playing and are just talking about shadow of war and ignoring him. This is great.

Mr. F

Banned
Listening to the beastcast, Vinny sure likes to circle the drain when winding down certain topics. Feels like this blind box email has had 3 or 4 rounds of closing thoughts lol

I love how they completely checked out of the game rorie is playing and are just talking about shadow of war and ignoring him. This is great.

shlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshlingshling

ArjanN

Hope Ben enjoys the
Bravo Zulu P-26: defeat a boss using the tiny plane
achievement because man was that a headache to get.

Did this yesterday and it's not that hard. I just looked up someone doing it on youtube and only took a me a couple of tries after that. There's definitely harder achievements in it.

Salarians

episode 53 of the Beastcast might be the first instance of "kiss on the cheek"
2:35:55 said:
Vinny: "uh, Bakalar, take 'em out"
Jeff: "take who out?"
Vinny: "take us out of the podcast, give us that famous Bakalar line"
Jeff: "what's the famous Bakalar line? I need one, I need a calling card, you can't just put someone on the spot and say-"
Vinny: "5... 4... 3... 2... 1..."
Jeff: "don't forget... Dr. B loves you"
Austin: "aw"
Jeff: "kiss on the cheek" (kiss sound)

and that's the Beastcast trivia for tonight

Oh good, another "hey, here is a piece of shit game that just came out and is popular, instead of playing something fun that would be entertaining to watch, let's play some garbage that clearly was developed in a month"...

This crap needs to be banned from UPF.

Stoze

Did this yesterday and it's not that hard. I just looked up someone doing it on youtube and only took a me a couple of tries after that. There's definitely harder achievements in it.
It's not hard, it's just not enjoyable at all. I got it on my third try and I probably wouldn't have done it again if I failed during it, despite having all the other achievements in the game. It's that much of a tedious 5 minutes or whatever.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Out of 4 different JackBox games, I think there are only two good ones. Drawful and TeeKO. That's it.

Guesspionage and Fibbage are both great, and Quiplash is probably the best game in the series. Fakin it is pretty good too.

There are a lot of duds though. They also seem to be getting worse at making games that are fun the first time, TeeKO is really confusing if you haven't played it before.

Stoze

Guesspionage and Fibbage are both great, and Quiplash is probably the best game in the series. Fakin it is pretty good too.

There are a lot of duds though. They also seem to be getting worse at making games that are fun the first time, TeeKO is really confusing if you haven't played it before.
A lot of them just seem like worse variations of Quiplash.

That monster seeking monster one looked like the freshest/most interesting out of these new ones, which isn't saying much.

They're still cool games though.

Alright my bomby friends.

How was Playdate, and how was UPF? I need to know what to watch going to bed tonight. (No, that's not an insult, I usually go to sleep watching GB stuff).

Mr. F

Banned

It's crazy how much set up time TeeKO takes, watching it live is brutal

Xeteh

I feel like Jackbox lost the thread (for me) when they started leaning in to making it more about stream integration. Its like the games are more focused on that instead of just being fun to play with a handful of people.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's crazy how much set up time TeeKO takes, watching it live is brutal

It's three solid minutes of "Hmmmm" before anything fun.

Guesspionage is great and it's the best audience involvement stream, but they never latched onto it during any of their time with Party Pack 3 from what I remember.

BTA

Just got to the end of the Beastcast. God damnit Abby and Dan have to be on the holiday roleplay cast this year, that's one of the few things getting me the fuck through 2017. Dan at least better not flake out

My thought process went to hoping that if that happens Austin could run a game with whoever flakes + Ben + maybe Waypoint folks at some point.

that then went to wanting a DNB episode that’s just Ben, Abby, and Austin playing a game

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the PLaydate.... Man I really want to love Cuphead but I know that if I buy it I'll play for like 20min and then get frustrated... It's just not my kind of game but god damn does it looks amazing.

I imagine they're refraining from posting it because of the ongoing shitshow with the devs

Would that really be it though? I swear to god someone posted an image with it on the docket.

Also, stay safe Jeff:
http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Live-updates-23-dead-in-Wine-Country-fires-12271728.php
7:45 a.m. No evacuation orders for Petaluma, but police tell residents to prepare: As fast-moving wildfires burn through Sonoma County, police are asking residents in Petaluma to get ready for possible evacuations, but knocked down rumors that evacuations were already in place there. No recommended, voluntary or mandatory evacuations have been ordered, Petaluma Police Department announced Thursday morning.
“Contrary to recent media reports, the City of Petaluma is recommending that all its citizens take prudent precautionary measures (for example packing a “go bag”) and develop personal contingency plans in the event evacuation becomes recommended or necessary,” the police department said in a statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom