• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OT33| LOOK AT THAT CORN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Also skip "would you rathers." They're not funny. They never are. They never were.

Yeah.
I remember when somebody asked them if they would rather have a racist cat or a dog with the voice of Gilbert Gottfried or something like that. I thought that was pretty good. But 99% of them are just garbage.

Wunder

THE UPDATE NO ONE ASKED FOR: Karspankey's Internet

Just confirmed my appointment with Spectrum. The guy I talked to, Stanley, was amazingly good at his job. Saved me some money!

Anyways, I'm making a big stink about upgrading my internet because when I first moved to where I am a year ago, I made an appointment with Time Warner and it took three weeks for them to come out. The day of, the technician arrived and said "yeah we don't cover your home" and left

My mouth was left hanging open.

My dreams of 300mb down and 20mb up were gone

I talked with Stanley and he checked my area on their map and said that they serviced the area earlier this year which lines up with me seeing Spectrum trucks in my area a while ago. He even called a technician in my area and he said that they are 99.99% sure we are gucci

Please, Spectrum. Save me from this 10mb down, 750kb/s up hell

thank you stanley

WyIQ6xs.jpg

You are gonna love your new internet haha. Made a similar upgrade when I moved out from my parents and holy crap it made such a big difference.

Funny enough my parents had CenturyLink. Online gaming was rough lol.

I can't wait to not have to forgo downloading a game because it will take over a day to do so :)

thank you stanley

Stanley is my GOTY (Guy of the Year)

Ooof. Yeah, they are a pain too from what I've heard. That all the options you have in your area I assume?

Yupppp. It was CenturyLink or die. They have been increasing my prices and I have gone from $116 a month to start to $230 on my last bill. They are charging me $80 for a landline phone. With Spectrum, that phone line will now be $29.99

Internet -

$88 a month for 10mb download and 750kb/s upload with CenturyLink

$45 a month for 100mb download and 10mb upload with Spectrum

Also getting HD TV. Haven't had it with CenturyLink as they said that I can't have HD TV and 10mb internet at the same time lol (DSL boyyyy)

I finished Mario Rabbids last night. I wanna know who on staff is backing that game, because those are my people

I just finished it myself last night! Well I beat the boss awhile ago but cleaned up all the challenges etc. Definitely enjoyed it a lot, did not feel the same fatigue that others seemed to in World 4?

I can't wait to not have to forgo downloading a game because it will take over a day to do so :)

Yea it is a great feeling when you can just decide you want to download something and shortly after be able to play it :D

Oakinn

I just finished it myself last night! Well I beat the boss awhile ago but cleaned up all the challenges etc. Definitely enjoyed it a lot, did not feel the same fatigue that others seemed to in World 4?

I felt a little fatigue in world 3, but getting Yoshi got me back in.

BTA

I like the Beastcast postcards section; it’s usually kinda cute. I like the emails section too though I think they could pick better ones at times.

Oh god that next Fights episode looks to be Outlast.

It is; people noticed Vinny was playing it on Steam and Abby mentioned that people knew what the next one was based on that, so...

Just listening to last week's beastcast right now and I wanted to say Vinny and co. ran a very good, nuanced discussion about the subject (edit: loot boxes, that is!) that hit a lot of points as to why it has the potential of being pretty predatory.

Too many podcasts that I listened to last week were very surface level, or even dismissive, about the subject.

Just listening to last week's beastcast right now and I wanted to say Vinny and co. ran a very good, nuanced discussion about the subject that hit a lot of points as to why it has the potential of being pretty predatory.

Too many podcasts that I listened to last week were very surface level, or even dismissive, about the subject.

I assume you're talking about the loot boxes (you left that detail out :p) and yeah I agree, I was surprised at the nuance they all brought to bear and Dan even brought up the salient point of baseball cards being basically the same thing. Talking about the gambling, the predatory nature of these systems, and the fact that it targets people with a soft spot for it, and not just going "don't buy them" or "as long as it's cosmetic it's good", was all well done. They may have botched trying to explain D&D but they nailed the more important stuff!

Skitchin'! This is the first game I remember when Sega Channel comes up. (Also, it's strangely one of the only games I played with my dad a lot outside of Lucasarts point 'n clicks.)

freetacos

Drew just posted an update on some of the stuff he has done in Brazil so far. Looks very promising, a bunch more video-game-related #content than his last trip. I'm excited.

daveo42

Banned
I expect he learned alot from his first trip and will have more stuff to show and less stuff to dig through to get it. Editing 25 hours down to about 90 minutes of content takes a ton of time.

freetacos

I expect he learned alot from his first trip and will have more stuff to show and less stuff to dig through to get it. Editing 25 hours down to about 90 minutes of content takes a ton of time.

Yeah that's my hope. Everything looks great on paper, but if entire day(s) long events are reduced to a 15-20 minute video it takes some of the excitement out of it for me.

Zocano

Yeah Exquisite Corps is really suffering from Vinny vicariously dictating everything.

Well it doesn't help that Alex and Abby are both too insecure in their own choices that they just defer to Vinny at all times. It's why the Dan episodes feel so damn gung ho.

oti

Banned
Xcom takes too long. They should be dead by now. That would be more entertaining.

Drew just posted an update on some of the stuff he has done in Brazil so far. Looks very promising, a bunch more video-game-related #content than his last trip. I'm excited.

I hope he visits Tectoy. He is in Brazil and he actually likes Snoic.

Well it doesn't help that Alex and Abby are both too insecure in their own choices that they just defer to Vinny at all times. It's why the Dan episodes feel so damn gung ho.

It's not that surprising considering neither of them have played much XCOM and they only get to play once every 3 weeks on a save game where they don't even know what's going on for 2/3 of it. It's just kind of an awkward setup all around.

Zocano

Xcom takes too long. They should be dead by now. That would be more entertaining.

Ya, people forget unless you truly crash and burn constantly, your death is slow and extended. They course correct often enough that they are in teeter totter land.

If you want absolute failure, SBFP's xcom2 lp is wonderful (and short).

It's not that surprising considering neither of them have played much XCOM and they only get to play once every 3 weeks on a save game where they don't even know what's going on for 2/3 of it. It's just kind of an awkward setup all around.

Oh for sure. It probably came across more negative than I meant it, but their inexperience and long breaks between play is definitely hurting their growth and also affecting how much they rely on the one person that is actually present for all parts.

Does anyone have a city building game recommendation? Like, I THINK Cities Skylines is the popular one now (or something close to that), but is that the best one that's out there?

I think it was a smart move to bring someone along (and it's Joey, no less!). It's a daunting prospect to do document a trip on your own, which is something Danny was aware of from the get-go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom