• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
Please stop 2017 : "I had to put it on easy to smash through it because I was getting bored but I swear it's a good game"

daveo42

Banned
Aren't FFXV hate threads the best?

At least it's not FFXIII?

FFXV wasn't a terrible game, but by the end was very disappointing from story, pacing, and combat standpoints. Combat I can get over because there were at least some decent things to make it better later in the game, but the cliff the story fell off and how the whole second half of the game was
literally a train ride to the end
, it's not a great FF game either. That end game
ifrit
was neat tho, along with that credits scene.

derFeef

That bad, huh?

Nah it's pretty good. But the bossfights are a bit... eh.

35516897600_a88b9ba913_o_d.gif

I did that until the next stage, it was hilarious.

imBask

Banned
IF THEY DONT PLAY ON THE HARDEST DIFFICULTY THEN THEYRE NOT PLAYING THE GAME RIGHT URRRRHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

/imbasks conscious

no not at all, my point is more like : if you're putting the game on easy to blast through the story because you're bored with the gameplay, it's not a good game, it's just a bad game with a good story

Did Alex come back? Blows my mind a bit that there's not a Fire Pro Unfinished. Probably takes a lot of prep due to the tutorial difficulty, steam workshop, and potential cross-coast stuff.

daveo42

Banned
Man...I'm ready to play Nier now but I don't want to pay full price for it.

Dude at work was going to let me borrow his copy till I picked up my own copy, but he fell through.

There are too many games coming out nowadays that I no longer feel the need to "force" myself to play games I don't enjoy, just to validate my opinion of a game, or join an Internet zeitgeist about it. If I don't enjoy what I'm playing in the first couple of hours, or get bored midway through, I just drop it/return it.

In fact, my tastes have gotten so narrow recently, because of my overall lack of free time nowadays, that if certain genres dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow (fighting, racing, 2d platforming), I wouldn't even bat an eye.

daveo42

Banned
So do you have a copy or not? ��

I don't because I didn't buy a copy when it was on sale and I'm a cheap ass.

I think no, since they don't want to pay full price, so they don't currently have it. And their friend was going to lend it to them but isn't anymore?

He didn't bring his copy in to work and will be out till later next week. I can wait, but I've also gotten the itch to play it.

Phatmac

Please stop 2017 : "I had to put it on easy to smash through it because I was getting bored but I swear it's a good game"
Agreed. If you don't have fun with the game then just watch the cut scenes or a walk through instead of forcing yourself to play it if you're bored by the gameplay. I keep hearing these complaints for Nier, and it's baffling.

ryseing

The only game I feel like I have missed is Paper Mario. Anything else was fine. Played Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS and loved it, Smash on Wii, Zelda TP on Wii as well and so on.

Path of Radiance...

One of the GOAT Fire Emblem casts between Ike, Titania, and Soren.

derFeef

Agreed. If you don't have fun with the game then just watch the cut scenes or a walk through instead of forcing yourself to play it if you're bored by the gameplay. I keep hearing these complaints for Nier, and it's baffling.

I was never 100% sold on the combat and the boss fights were really boring, but I would never, ever in my life watch a game on youtube because I just can't play it - that feels wrong to me. I am not sure I will touch Nier again and play route B (so many games...) but I will also not watch it on youtube.

Hindl

Well in my case it's not that I was bored, I just suck at it and got stuck

LiK

no not at all, my point is more like : if you're putting the game on easy to blast through the story because you're bored with the gameplay, it's not a good game, it's just a bad game with a good story

Well, he could just get through the boss and switch it back for the other levels. No harm done. Game is fun.

ryseing

My first Fire Emblem was Awakening on 3DS. I'd be totally in for a remake of Path of Radiance.

Go get Shadows of Valentia!

I would kill for a Radiance duology port to Switch. Shame that it's never going to happen and that the high prices of copies will discourage newcomers.

There are too many games coming out nowadays that I no longer feel the need to "force" myself to play games I don't enjoy, just to validate my opinion of a game, or join an Internet zeitgeist about it. If I don't enjoy what I'm playing in the first couple of hours, or get bored midway through, I just drop it/return it.

In fact, my tastes have gotten so narrow recently, because of my overall lack of free time nowadays, that if certain genres dropped off the face of the earth tomorrow (fighting, racing, 2d platforming), I wouldn't even bat an eye.

Agreed x2. The weirdest thing to me is coming across people who are forcing themselves to play a game they obviously dislike just to be part of the conversation. Like why not do things you actually enjoy doing?

LiK

Agreed x2. The weirdest thing to me is coming across people who are forcing themselves to play a game they obviously dislike just to be part of the conversation. Like why not do things you actually enjoy doing?

Yup, i don't enjoy playing a lot of horror games so i watch LPs instead cuz sometimes watching other people freak out is more entertaining.

Yup, i don't enjoy playing a lot of horror games so i watch LPs instead cuz sometimes watching other people freak out is more entertaining.

You're the same as my cousin. He watched me play the entirety of RE7 as I streamed my first playthrough to him haha, some people love those games but they don't love playing it themselves if that makes any sense. I think it's because they'd end up frustrated because of how survival horror is in general when it comes to gameplay.

LiK

You're the same as my cousin. He watched me play the entirety of RE7 as I streamed my first playthrough to him haha, some people love those games but they don't love playing it themselves if that makes any sense. I think it's because they'd end up frustrated because of how survival horror is in general when it comes to gameplay.

You stream?

derFeef

I love watching and playing horror games. Watching only after I played them, or if I don't enjoy them for whatever reason. Damn still have to get through REVII but Evil Within has grabbed me more atm.

You stream?

Not really as back in my hometown I have shit internet, it's only when I came here to the UK(I'm not living here forever, just continuing my masters) that I was able to do so and I don't do it often. I only did it because my cousin said he wanted to watch me play the game.

Obviously, I'll return to catch up with family whenever there is a big holiday and all.
yeah he tweets out his gameplay 30 seconds at a time

DvRU1mK.gif

I love watching and playing horror games. Watching only after I played them, or if I don't enjoy them for whatever reason. Damn still have to get through REVII but Evil Within has grabbed me more atm.

The Evil Within is REAL good. However, it's only REAL good depending on how much you can put up with JANK. Fortunately, I can put up with alot of jank since most survival horror I've come across are JANKY.

LiK

Not really as back in my hometown I have shit internet, it's only when I came here to the UK(I'm not living here forever, just continuing my masters) that I was able to do so and I don't do it often. I only did it because my cousin said he wanted to watch me play the game.

Obviously, I'll return to catch up with family whenever there is a big holiday and all.

Time to make some Twitch moneys

FF12 being a 'good game' revisionist history is the worst new trend

How is that revisionist history? Opinions on art and entertainment shouldn't stay the same for eternity, opinions should change as people get older and their tastes change. This fourm would be really boring if that weren't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom