• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotrock

Banned
enjoyed GTAV on ps3/360 release but for whatever reason when I replayed it on PC two years later it was the worst video game i had ever played.

GTAIV was a good game, but I see no need to play RDR or GTAV.

RDR has a good story though. Like one that's worth experiencing. There's a moment in that game where you embark on a mission that takes you from one place to a very distant place and seeing the landscape of that particular place slowly opening up to you is just...UGH(the song plays ingame by the way). It's why I love westerns so much(spaghetti westerns to be precise). The sun was setting during my playthough which made the whole thing perfect, definitely one of the best moments of that year of video games.

I'm eternally hopeful for R* to put out Vice Noire set in 80s Vice City

If GTA VI isnt GTA VIce City they fucked up. I would love another LA Noire style cop story though. That game had issues but it nailed the 50's cop thing.

I wonder how far out that is. GTAV sales are so insane. I dont know who keeps buying it to keep making it one of the top 3 best selling games in every chart ever since 2013

I wonder if you can take the Dan Ryckert model from L.A. Noire and mod it into GTAV.

BPa6E5k.png

If GTA VI isnt GTA VIce City they fucked up. I would love another LA Noire style cop story though. That game had issues but it nailed the 50's cop thing.

I wonder how far out that is. GTAV sales are so insane. I dont know who keeps buying it to keep making it one of the top 3 best selling games in every chart ever since 2013

Apparently people love GTA Online, but when I tried to give it a shot, I could barely find players for matchmaking on PC. I imagine it must be way more popular on consoles.

Joeku

I don't know if they can just go back to the 80's, though. Modern Miami would be largely a retread of the ground GTAV walked, but I guess as of next year (when RDR2 comes out) it will have been as long as GTAV to now as it was from GTAIV to GTAV. So maybe they can.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
No way

(Ok it could happen but bad by Mario standards is still a good game)

I just hope it does have some sense of direction, because it looks like it's not difficult at all.

bad by mario standards was mario sunshine and that game was fucking garbage.

Joeku

That E3 trailer was so fucking good, both in terms of worldbuilding and setting up the story/characters in the game. This here helps expound on it: "173 days left of English...make sure you're prepared". You get to see how America sold it's soul to the nazis through TV, the changeover of language, at the time where American culture would have been taking over the world. That scene with the milkshake nazi? I can't think of anything that says louder that America lost than a fuckin' nazi walking into a 50's-ass diner and getting handed a free milkshake, while the KKK pals around with more of them outside. It's like damn, America gave up.

So, BJ's organs are failing. He was at least hit by some of the nuclear fallout, and his body is dying. It sure as fuck looks like you're going to wheel yourself around the Freedom Barge murdering assaulting nazis, get into the Super Jewish power armour, and spend the early parts of the game making your way to what little resistance there is. There an old-ass left-leaning man says "damn, America gave up on our kids" and gets shamed by BJ for giving up on his own, and sitting by while American institutions were being handed off to the nazis instead of fighting to the end. Then it looks like BJ gets a body transplant and spends a bunch of the game travelling to different parts of America (well, at least bayou country) murdering nazees and spreading his 1945 ideals in the face of a United States that lost it's own. I am very excited for this game.

Then with luck the 3rd game is Papa BJ and his teenage twin daughter and son fighting cyber nazis and mecha Hitler in the early 80's.

Hindl

I want to finish Wolfie 1 but I got to a part where I was on a bridge and there was a big dude with a turret and I didn't have ammo to beat him. Tried it like 10 times and then just never went back to it

LiK

I want to finish Wolfie 1 but I got to a part where I was on a bridge and there was a big dude with a turret and I didn't have ammo to beat him. Tried it like 10 times and then just never went back to it

Switch to Easy and breeze through it.

I'm listening to it late... But does anyone else find it hilarious that Dan Ryckert hates games that get up their own ass but will defend MGS as the best story in Video Games?

Dineren

Banned

I think that might be the same spot where I stopped because I ran out of ammo.

Mupod

I'm listening to it late... But does anyone else find it hilarious that Dan Ryckert hates games that get up their own ass but will defend MGS as the best story in Video Games?

I actually started laughing out loud in my car at that. I'm pretty sure if 'up its own ass' had a dictionary entry there'd be a picture of the MGS4 boxart beside it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom