• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catvoca

Banned
And I feel really stupid for this, but for years I never got Alex, he was just so awkward and not funny. But I was listening the other day to the Beastcast and realised that I must have loved Alex for a couple of years now. I don't know when I started getting him, but he's so funny.

Maybe he's improved since being back on the media side (since Harmonix)? Maybe not? Probably just me. But damn he is brilliant too. I loved Vinny already, so I won't gush about him.

It took me a while to get Alex too. It wasn't until mid-way through Bombin' the Am that I started to really appreciate his thoughts on games, and it wasn't until the Beastcast that's I realised how funny he could be. He's the secret MVP of the East coast (and GOTY discussions).

I just want the duders to play games they enjoy, if that means PUBG, Dota and Destiny non stop, I'll take it :)

tumblr_omkf5gwNDP1u176rno2_500.gif

hell yeah bud

First time playing Splatoon and man are the motion controls pissing me off. I know everyone says they are the best way to play but the learning curve is steep.

5 mins in and im lost on all these rules. Dan tries to make things way to complicated lol.

You got $2 for the night
You put a quarter in the machine before you play
If you die, move the controller over
If you get the shine, turn the machine
Yellow is normal, blue means you can pick someone to put the next quarter in, red you have to swap your cup with someone elses
Side bets are encouraged

Just realized next Bombcast is probably gonna have Evo talk

sadfleck_by_anzyz-dafoj50.png

Brad: So what happened at EVO?
Ben: Fighting games happeneeeeeeeeed?
Jeff: They still do those?
Ben: I think so?
Jeff: They should have stopped after [some NeoGeo game].
Ben: They should've.
Brad: OK, so what happened at EVO.
Ben: (blablablabla)
Jason: And it was so FUCKING AWESOME MAN.
Brad: I feel like EVO is over.
Ben: Yeah, it kinda is.
Jeff: That's my feeling too.

Brad: "You know what isn't over? Player Unknowns Battlegrounds"
Jeff: "Yeah, I played some while watching wrestling last night"

Cue 50 more minutes of this discussion.

Lmao
kill me

Let me contribute.

Jason: Did you guys see that new Kingdom Hearts Footage?
Ben: I hope the new world is Shrek
Jeff: That sure does look like Toy Story
Brad: I heard from Twitter that people don't like Kingdom Hearts anymore
Jeff: Yeah you're probably right
Jason: I think it looks kind of cool...
Jeff: Shut up Jason

Megasoum

Banned
Watching the Sunshine video really makes me want to play that kind of game with open world platforming and item collecting.... Just not Mario Sunshine tho

Kingdom Hearts is like RUSH in that if you didn't get into it when you were in middle school or younger it will seem like the lamest shit ever

justjim89

I've been playing Fire Pro today after hearing discussion of it this week. Different than any other wrestling game, for sure. But I can see the charm. The timing is a motherfucker, though. Just about all of the duders are available for download through the workshop, so I simmed a tournament, the Giant Bomb Classic, in which 8 of them fought for the Giant Bomb title. The results are as follows:

--First Round--

-Ben "The English Gentleman" Pack defeated Dr. Tracksuit via pinfall after a chokeslam and elbow drop combination

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao2_1280.jpg

-Drew Scanlon defeated Alex "The Wolf" Navarro via pinfall following a spinning brainbuster.

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao4_1280.jpg

-"Dirty" Dan Ryckert defeated "Southern Comfort" Brad Shoemaker in the longest match of the tournament via pinfall following a Stone Cold Stunner.

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao6_1280.jpg

-Jeff "Snakeface" Bakalar defeated Vinny Caravella via pinfall following a shot with spiked knuckles.

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao7_1280.jpg

--Semifinals--

-Ben Pack defeated Drew Scanlon via pinfall following a chokeslam and elbow drop combination

-Jeff Bakalar defeated "Dirty" Dan Ryckert via pinfall after an Impaler DDT

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao8_1280.jpg

--Finals--

Jeff Bakalar defeated Ben Pack via knockout following a shot with spiked knuckles, thus winning the Giant Bomb Classic and becoming the inaugural Giant Bomb Champion!

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao9_1280.jpg

tumblr_ot5rg4xhZZ1rp5coao1_1280.jpg

However, he'll have to keep his head on a swivel with the emergence of a new challenger, Abby Russel!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom