• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strax

fbvFJ58.gif

oti

Banned
Yeah felt the same way about Limbo and Inside. Couldn't even finish them

I finished Limbo and I'm happy I did despite the boring middle part. There's a nice somberness to the ending.

Inside's ending is just nonsense and not worth it imo. Even if it is surprising.

Any of y'all familiar with Elementary? I'm trying the pilot and wondering how many episodes it'll probably take before I know if it's for me cuz it's not blowing my mind just yet. I need a new workout show and mysteries help keep me focused on not falling into a math hole looking at the bike display.

Edit: You know what, scratch that; that pilot was pretty good. Room to grow here, but please for the love of god do not let there be a Holmes and Watson romance.

There's never any romance between Sherlock and Joan. I think the first season is the best one so if its not grabbing you soon it probably won't.

Before you go make sure to watch the episode where Sherlock finds which landfill all the old copies of ET Black Knight are buried and who murdered who to keep it a secret!

Yeah, like most procedurals the show has high and low points...

I scoff at a lot of Dan's food tastes, but I'm 100% with him on this one. Nothing ruins a good sandwich more than a pickle does. Tolerable on the side, but a true sandwich-ruiner otherwise!

(How did he forget Super Mario World, though?!)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
A sandwich is such a wide ranging thing that it makes no sense to make it a universal rule.

If anything I learnt to love pickles from an awesome french sandwich shop.

Hindl

I scoff at a lot of Dan's food tastes, but I'm 100% with him on this one. Nothing ruins a good sandwich more than a pickle does. Tolerable on the side, but a true sandwich-ruiner otherwise!

(How did he forget Super Mario World, though?!)

False. Put pickles on a nice buffalo chicken sandwich it's great

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
God that fire pro East vs West match was a lot of fun
I hope they do another on UPF. Just one more for the west guys to commentate. Then if Brad wins the West as well he is Giant Bomb King, but if someone else wins they gotta do a Hell in a Cell match. premium stream on Sunday.

Antiwhippy

The only kind of pickle I don't like are those japanese ginger pickles.

Otherwise just fuck my shit up with vinegar.

i once ate pickles with chocolate milk

dill pickles are the shit

fuck the rest besides mcdonalds pickles which may just be dill pickles

Somehow the Beta for Destiny 2 feels worse than Destiny 1.
Impressive effort by Bungie.
Hope Brad does a QL.

I think it feels great, but I didn't play more than 10 hours of Destiny 1

The platforming is fucking atrocious though

It feels like trying to maneuver a turd in space

Antiwhippy

Pickles are such a universal thing that it's dumb to think it just applies to one item.

It's basically "Oh shit I better actually makes something that I can store that will last for awhile OR I'LL DIE".

So every region does it their way.

Kimchi is a pickle.

Hasney

We call pickles gherkins in the UK and this is Branston Pickle

220px-Branston_Pickle_jar_1.jpg

Branston Pickle is made from a variety of diced vegetables, including swede, carrots, onions and cauliflower pickled in a sauce made from vinegar, tomato, apple and spices. In recent years high-fructose corn syrup has replaced sugar in the product sold in the American market. Sugar is still used in the British version.[2]

Branston Pickle is sweet and spicy with a chutney-like consistency, containing chunks of vegetables in a thick brown sticky sauce. It is commonly served as part of a ploughman's lunch, a popular menu item in British pubs. It is also frequently combined with cheddar cheese in sandwiches, and many sandwich shops in the UK offer cheese and pickle as an option. It is available in the standard 'chunky' version, as well as a 'small chunk' variety, which is easier to spread on to sandwiches. Convenient squeezy bottle packs are also in the range, along with a 'smooth' recipe. Branston also has flavoured pickles including Sweet Chilli and Beetroot flavoured pickle.

Mupod

I'm not opposed to pickled things in general. I don't like cucumbers in any form, and when I was a kid I ate so many dill pickle chips that I developed some kind of intense aversion to dill.

Don't like pickled beets either, and they are a huge thing in my family. Now those banana peppers for pizza, subs and hamburgers are a must for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom