• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Fire Pro Wrestling looks WAY worse than I expected. The graphics are ugly as hell. Looks like a cheap browser game...

That's because all of the most flexible games are super ugly and low res. That's why they can afford to be flexible. The better the assests, the longer they take to make.

What's the most flexible game? Dwarf Fortress. What's the ugliest game? Dwarf Fortress.

Do you like UPF?
image.php

LiK

That's because all of the most flexible games are super ugly and low res. That's why they can afford to be flexible. The better the assests, the longer they take to make.

What's the most flexible game? Dwarf Fortress. What's the ugliest game? Dwarf Fortress.

That's understandable but I don't even like the art style. Oh well.

"Surely there won't be anyone outside the circle for me to safely circle the edge and look for the sniper"

*Breezy learns there was someone outside the circle*

Joeku

Haven't had the time to go back to it but I will do so in the weekend. So far it's very intriguing but I hope it'll be able to pull of whatever it's trying to do by the end.

Okay, I have now played through this whole game in one way too long sitting. Best FMV on lock.

Get Even is a fucking weird combo of Condemned, a Walking Simulator, and Superhot that doesn't entirely come together despite a few things being fucking fantastic. And yeah, the way that the sound and music design flows between diegetic and non-diegetic is amazing. The rest of the game cannot keep up with how hard the sound goes, but yet it's still overlong and beats ideas into you in a way that felt unnecessary as there is so much repeated content but certain mechanics I won't spoil don't get nearly enough space to let you actually use them (cuz like the cornergun, they are fucking rad).

It's a real fuckin' weird Polish game.

I'm hungry.

guys

I think Brad should cosplay as Geese Howard

YOU HEAR ME BRAD

COSPLAY

l03tdJV.jpg

Okay, I have now played through this whole game in one way too long sitting. Best FMV on lock.

Get Even is a fucking weird combo of Condemned, a Walking Simulator, and Superhot that doesn't entirely come together despite a few things being fucking fantastic. And yeah, the way that the sound and music design flows between diegetic and non-diegetic is amazing. The rest of the game cannot keep up with how hard the sound goes, but yet it's still overlong and beats ideas into you in a way that felt unnecessary as there is so much repeated content but certain mechanics I won't spoil don't get nearly enough space to let you actually use them (cuz like the cornergun, they are fucking rad).

It's a real fuckin' weird Polish game.

I'm hungry.
Sounds fantastic. I'm mainly waiting for the weekend just to immerse myself completely without anything distracting me.

oti

Banned
All these years later, I still don't really get why people gushed so much about Bastion. It's a fine game, but nothing super special. It doesn't make sense why the GB crew was so quick to drop Renegade Ops during GOTY 2011 but gave Bastion a top 10 spot even though to me they seem so incredibly similar in terms of depth.

Agreed. It's like Limbo and Inside for me. I can see those are well-made games, but the way people are gushing over them it's like I'm missing something here.

Tried playing Bastion like four times and never finished it. Too boring. The music was ace though.

Joeku

Any of y'all familiar with Elementary? I'm trying the pilot and wondering how many episodes it'll probably take before I know if it's for me cuz it's not blowing my mind just yet. I need a new workout show and mysteries help keep me focused on not falling into a math hole looking at the bike display.

Edit: You know what, scratch that; that pilot was pretty good. Room to grow here, but please for the love of god do not let there be a Holmes and Watson romance.

Bastion had way more variety, better pacing, and more emotional impact than Transistor. Transistor has some genius ideas (so does Bastion) but the "let's make our story intentionally obtuse and only told through item descriptions" thing didn't work for me in Souls and it didn't work for me in Transistor either.

I thought tying lore to weapon usage was a pretty clever way of enticing the player to try everything out, but if you're not into that kind of thing, then I could totally see the whole design collapsing like a line of dominos.

Lunar FC

Are the dune movie or miniseries worth the a watch?

Edit: I'm an idiot and just rented the movie on Google Play for $0.99, 10 minutes in and I want my money back. The fuck is this lynch?

robotrock

Banned

Edit: I'm an idiot and just rented the movie on Google Play for $0.99, 10 minutes in and I want my money back. The fuck is this lynch?
Come on dude, this is entirely on you.

Check out Jorodowsky's Dune at some point

hamchan

If you waited for an answer we could have told you no. Lynch himself disowns the movie.

daveo42

Banned
So uh...Nier Route C...

what in the fuck?! YoRHa corrupted, Bunker destroyed, and 2B is fucking dead? Jesus christ on a stick I didn't expect any of that right off the bat. Plus the messages during the escape from the Bunker not only from the Operators but also the force corrupting everyone...In other news, the world is fucked something fierce with zombie robots, floating pillars and that massive tower business that spouted up. This game is starting to get Yoko Taro cray.

God I hope 2B comes back. I really like how A2 controls, but I miss 2B already.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So uh...Nier Route C...

what in the fuck?! YoRHa corrupted, Bunker destroyed, and 2B is fucking dead? Jesus christ on a stick I didn't expect any of that right off the bat. Plus the messages during the escape from the Bunker not only from the Operators but also the force corrupting everyone...In other news, the world is fucked something fierce with zombie robots, floating pillars and that massive tower business that spouted up. This game is starting to get Yoko Taro cray.

God I hope 2B comes back. I really like how A2 controls, but I miss 2B already.

Best late title card of the year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom