• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hindl

Yes. I would even say Mad Max: Fury Road is one of the best movies of the 21st century.

I think we've talked about what games they could use, but there a bunch of issues. Will it come with four controllers? Will they rumble? Will they have the same bad analog stick? What about games that use the memory card? Will games be cleaned up? Early 3D really needs it. Not to mention the N64 was basically only popular in North America. But they could probably sell whatever limited amount they make.

I never hit the wall, but I mostly stuck to turf war, the best mode.

I bought FFXII, too, despite hating the base game. The job system and fast forward really make that game great.
There's so many logistical issues, starting with that garbage controller. I never want to use it again. And like you said cleaning up early 3D because it's so rough. Honestly, it's not like 6th gen games where you can mostly get by just by uprezzing and pushing out a slightly dated but still fun game (FFXII). You really need full remakes.

Honestly I think if they did an N64 mini with 4 controllers, Smash, Mario Kart 64, and Mario Party 1-3 it would sell well enough. The problem is aside from the multiplayer games, the most important N64 games got remastered or ported to new platforms already, or are in Rare's catalog. They should just leave it in the past and skip to the Gameboy/GBA

Kassu

Banned
It's insane how much better pacing Yakuza 0 has compared to 4 or 5. Started playing Yakuza 5 for the first time and first few hours of that game are awful.

Combat also feels really clunky after playing 0.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Echo Arena might be the coolest thing I've ever done. Not even just in video games. Maybe just the best thing. More research is needed, but I hope to hear/see some coverage of the game on GB at some point. On that note, somebody should have mentioned that VR is actually pretty great. SleepingLesson really dropped the ball on this one.

It's got me thinking I should buy a Ready at Dawn game at full price. The world of VR is a scary place.

Echo Arena might be the coolest thing I've ever done. Not even just in video games. Maybe just the best thing. More research is needed, but I hope to hear/see some coverage of the game on GB at some point. On that note, somebody should have mentioned that VR is actually pretty great. SleepingLesson really dropped the ball on this one.

It's got me thinking I should buy a Ready at Dawn game at full price. The world of VR is a scary place.

Ya know, I haven't even played Echo Arena myself despite being suuuper interested. Haven't had much VR time as of late, and it's a lot less appealing when it's over a hundred degrees.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Ya know, I haven't even played Echo Arena myself despite being suuuper interested. Haven't had much VR time as of late, and it's a lot less appealing when it's over a hundred degrees.

I got a Rift this weekend and missed the beta but still tried the tutorial for Echo Arena. That alone was the coolest thing I'd done so far after trying mostly free/packin stuff. I always love unique traversal methods in games and flinging yourself through zero gravity feels great in the game. Today on my lunch break I played an actual match and...well, your concerns about the Texas heat with VR are well warranted. And I may need to pad my walls or something, because I'm not growing more coordinated any time soon and my knuckle can't take the corner of my wall again.

Remembered that I bought Wii component cables a bit back after beginning to watch SMS Ep 2. Plugged my Wii into my 4K screen that can play 480p, not 480i, and Mario Sunshine looks amazing! Tried some other games as well and they look pretty damn sharp. I want to buy a crap ton of GC games now! I only played my old games on a really old wood panel TV so seeing these games looking like this is a shocker. Even my N64 games on the Wii look great!

Hope they can use component for the next episode!

Edit: Unrelated to everything, but I just saw that Chester Bennington has committed suicide. RIP man

Stone Temple Pilots are my favorite band, and he did a very nice job of filling Scott's shoes while he was in the band. RIP again, damn

The whole thing just stinks to me even if they have to disclose it. It's one of the reasons why I love GB. It's not a matter of why but a matter of principle, I'm sure GB could do tons of sponsored shit and get much much bigger than they are right now but they don't and I respect them a ton because of that.

While I sometimes get a bit down on GB, one thing I've never even once had to worry about is them being swayed by publishers or other parties. That is pretty awesome and one of the reasons that I will continue to support them as long as they remain like that.

oti

Banned
Listen to me.

LISTEN TO Me.

What if.

WHAT IF.

There was a way for the community to bet on them playing Sunshine like they do with shinies?

GB Salty Bet.

Get on it, Dave!

DAVE!

I got a Rift this weekend and missed the beta but still tried the tutorial for Echo Arena. That alone was the coolest thing I'd done so far after trying mostly free/packin stuff. I always love unique traversal methods in games and flinging yourself through zero gravity feels great in the game. Today on my lunch break I played an actual match and...well, your concerns about the Texas heat with VR are well warranted. And I may need to pad my walls or something, because I'm not growing more coordinated any time soon and my knuckle can't take the corner of my wall again.

Haha, for me it's my ceiling fan. It's a miracle I haven't shattered one of the lights, my controller, or my hand.

I'm glad Echo Arena is great.

Lunar FC

Listen to me.

LISTEN TO Me.

What if.

WHAT IF.

There was a way for the community to bet on them playing Sunshine like they do with shinies?

GB Salty Bet.

Get on it, Dave!

DAVE!

I've got one shine that nobody will ever get a blue or red gumball.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
steal my sunshine is on the same level as polygon plays doom tbh

I played through bits of Mario Galaxy recently with a friend who hasn't played a 3d platformer since the N64 and discovered a newfound tolerance for how easy the early goings of modern Mario games tend to be. The crew yesterday was downright competent in comparison, what with the way they only sometimes ran off the ledge of a platform for no discernible reason instead of doing it every time.

daveo42

Banned

One is a great game that got played like ass. The other is a game that controls like ass being played by hilarious people and Dan. Yup, I can totally see where you're coming from here.

The Gumball machine will shatter before SMS is over.

The gumball machine will be nothing but gaffer tape, bits of string, and gumballs with skull faces on them.

imBask

Banned
One is a great game that got played like ass. The other is a game that controls like ass being played by hilarious people and Dan. Yup, I can totally see where you're coming from here.

The gumball machine will be nothing but gaffer tape, bits of string, and gumballs with skull faces on them.

except Mario Sunshine controls really well

Man, Yakuza has some crazy long cutscenes. Even longer than MGS4, I wanna say.

1ca0YWo.png
I love MGS4

TraBuch

Banned
Not a fan of LP but that news is just heartbreaking. On Chris Conell's birthday even. People REALLY underestimate depression.
Anyone that was in high school/middle school when their first two albums came out liked at least some of their songs. Linkin Park was the soundtrack of many lives back then. Such a fuckin bummer. Depression fucking sucks.

RIP

Agreed. Their incompetence on episode 1 was enough for me to get out my console and prepare it. I couldn't make it through episode 2. They're so shit I can't stand seeing them play for another second.

I got about three deep on the Hitman videos before giving up for the same reason.

Anyone that was in high school/middle school when their first two albums came out liked at least some of their songs. Linkin Park was the soundtrack of many lives back then. Such a fuckin bummer. Depression fucking sucks.

RIP

*hugs* I feel you.
Lol oh right, disregard me then.

Man, MGS4's endgame was so cool until the very end.

The ending makes me tear up everytime I finish it and I'm not joking. MGS4 holds a very special place in my heart, everytime I play it, it feels like a culmination of a very long journey I had with the series. Kojima, you are fucking nuts. In the best possible way.

Lunar FC

RIP

Same here fam, sucks. :(

I was already bummed out by how poor the new Pacific Rim trailer was and then I heard this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom