• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerokis

At this juncture I think that's just completely fine. Like having an order of chicken McNuggets or a good burger or something.

The only ones that have really stuck out to me (as in watched on repeat viewing) are Ant-Man, Cap: Winter Soldier, Guardians of the Galaxy (I didn't see part two) and the first Iron Man movie.

I saw Homecoming and dug it and came to terms that I'll never care about this new Spider-Man and I'm okay with it.

Even as someone who has started to get kind of tired of Marvel movies, I think people have become too accepting of the fast food comparison. They're big budget, very good at what they do (which happens to be something that was/is unique in the world of cinema), and combine a basic formula with a consistent attempt to evolve and surprise.

Things like the McNugget comparison seem to come from a combination of two things: one, people are more sensitive to the ways in which Marvel movies tend to diverge from the template for traditional drama and depth in movies (probably a bad way to word this, but hopefully you know what I mean here - think of the "not real movies" criticism); and two, a massive amount of them have been released.

But in reality, you don't call every movie that doesn't intellectually stimulate you a McDonalds #8 (or whatever McNuggets are), and the food equivalent to the Marvel movies would be something much higher quality.

And yes, I realize that the thing I tackled here probably didn't need the paragraphs I dedicated to it.

Megasoum

Banned
Not that there was any doubts but Abby really is the best.

Also, I just sent her that on Twitter but I might as well post it here...

Everybody should watch "Long way round", the 2004 documentary with Ewan McGregor where he goes around the world (From London to New-York going east) on a bike with his best friend. Fucking amazing film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0uBcnmE2M

Joeku

For real fuck McNuggets tho.

I am playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes on my phone. It kept me up late last night. Why am I doing that?

NOT SAFE FOR LIFE

This fucking duck talk

KNtCO4s.gif

I did y'all a favor
Not that there was any doubts but Abby really is the best.

Also, I just sent her that on Twitter but I might as well post it here...

Everybody should watch "Long way round", the 2004 documentary with Ewan McGregor where he goes around the world (From London to New-York going east) on a bike with his best friend. Fucking amazing film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-0uBcnmE2M

I second this.

Pretty good QL too. The End Is Nigh doesn't have the same appeal to me as Super Meat Boy did though.

Weirdly I'm more attracted to it than I was with Meat Boy. I own that game on 3 platforms but never got past the second world because I can't stand games that grade you on performance after a level.

Curufinwe

I love listening to Jeff talk about his gaming hoard. I have nothing near his collection, but I still recently made the decision to stop my Edge subscription because the container I kept them in was full and I didn't want to start on a second container. If my house had a third bedroom I would like to have them all out in a bookcase, but sadly it doesn't.

Nerokis

I can't believe loads of people actually sent them postcards.

Honestly, they're doing the world a service by encouraging people to actually send postcards. One of these days, one of those people is going to have a job interview, have a sudden realization that they should probably send a thank you note, and then remember those postcards they bought to get a kiss on the cheek from Jeff.

Can someone clarify or confirm what Dan did with his second PS4 (he talked about it briefly on last weeks beastcast)? My daughter plays a lot of overwatch and I want to upgrade her to her own PS4 and wouldn't mind avoiding two ps+ subscriptions.

TheChits

Beastcast reminded me about Shadow of Mordor being game of the year in 2014. That is still insane to me.

Abby's stance on Wonder Woman is really blergh. Too bad nobody but her had seen it, because her opinion rubbed me the wrong way.

The slowmo in that movie almost killed it for me.

LiK

My bday is actually next Friday for Beastcast but I don't have any urge to send them postcards. If Vinny is reading this, give me a shout out. If not, whatever.

Mupod

shit it's actually my birthday but I forgot to send them something

also I forgot it's my birthday until now maybe that's bad

Zaph

Beastcast reminded me about Shadow of Mordor being game of the year in 2014. That is still insane to me.

It's a fun game, and it's GOTY status isn't really a surprise given it had a genuinely innovative mechanic that felt "next gen" at a time when most other games felt like last gen games with better graphics.

Wolfenstein should have won

It's a fun game, and it's GOTY status isn't really a surprise given it had a genuinely innovative mechanic that felt "next gen" at a time when most other games felt like last gen games with better graphics.

Wolfenstein should have won

you're goddamn right

also the nemesis system was badly designed because it didn't do anything if you were good at the game

Lari

Taking a look at the Nintendo 64 games released on the virtual console will give a pretty accurate idea of what may end up on a 64 mini.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom