• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
New Content:

GBWest goes through forum members post history and give them "constructive criticism"

Nah, dude. I'm not letting this go.

Dota content is literally worthless for people who don't understand Dota and don't get any explanation as to what the hell is going on. Ben wanted to play some Dota with Brad. Fine. Doesn't mean we can't tell them it was garbage content for us. If Ben wants me to follow this series he needs to adapt the format. I bet he will try to do that and that's great.

The solution to dota content being bad for people who don't play dota, the majority of the population, is to not make dota content, imo, but i'm not a video scientist

Mr. F

Banned
I mean, no matter the format I guarantee I won't be interested in dota content. But not everything's gonna be for everyone (source; my burning resentment for RoF)

BearPawB

Banned
it's almost like every piece of GB content doesn't have to be tailored to Oti's exact desires.

I don't think he gives a shit if you watch

Nah, dude. I'm not letting this go.

Dota content is literally worthless for people who don't understand Dota and don't get any explanation as to what the hell is going on. Ben wanted to play some Dota with Brad. Fine. Doesn't mean we can't tell them it was garbage content for us. If Ben wants me to follow this series he needs to adapt the format. I bet he will try to do that and that's great.

To be honest I play Dota and agree with your statement. I'm just ill, and catty and whilst your criticism's fair Ben's received far too much flak that he hasn't deserved. The segment needs work but if it wasn't for Ben there wouldn't have been any content at all in that slot.

Meguro

Banned
I feel like the "not every piece of content is made for you" would be a fair comeback if there was a ton of other content to choose from, especially from GBWest.
But there's not.

BearPawB

Banned
I feel like the "not every piece of content is made for you" would be a fair comeback if there was a ton of other content to choose from, especially from GBWest.
But there's not.

why are people acting like we are in some sort of content drought, there have been a ton of videos this week

Mr. F

Banned
But there's not.

This is valid. The only reason it's so easy to pit East vs West in the first place is because it's so lopsided in energy / output. They need to put Dan on loan

why are people acting like we are in some sort of content drought, there have been a ton of videos this week

Yeah, between quick looks, unfinished, SMS, Podcasts, Jar Time, Friday's content there's been a butt load. Ben's segment needs some work, but he's new to the job and it was one of his first streams.

Imagine how different the reception to the p4 er would be if Dan was driving wah

Stop casting bufu when it heals the boss Dan!

oti

Banned
The solution to dota content being bad for people who don't play dota, the majority of the population, is to not make dota content, imo, but i'm not a video scientist
If they want to do Dota content let them do Dota content. Just try to make it interesting for everyone is all I ask.

I mean, no matter the format I guarantee I won't be interested in dota content. But not everything's gonna be for everyone (source; my burning resentment for RoF)
Sure. Really sucks though that this is West's new big content format though.

it's almost like every piece of GB content doesn't have to be tailored to Oti's exact desires.

I don't think he gives a shit if you watch
He should give a shit. It's his job.

To be honest I play Dota and agree with your statement. I'm just ill, and catty and whilst your criticism's fair Ben's received far too much flak that he hasn't deserved. The segment needs work but if it wasn't for Ben there wouldn't have been any content at all in that slot.
I'm mostly disappointed it's literally just Dota. They could do tons of great stuff with it. If there's an outlet I will watch Dota on it's GB. That's why it's too bad the first episode was literally just Dota. Something I can get from thousands of other outlets. Make it interesting for more people than just Dota players. Get Jeff involved if he wants.

Not everything has to be catered to my wishes. I can still express when I don't like a format and apparently I'm not the only one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom