• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
seriously tho if you hate battlegrounds, the next 4-5 years are going to be absolute hell for you guys. Everything will include a Battlegrounds mode. Everything

Things come and go or get refined. Many games nowadays have a horde mode too and there are games like Orcs Must Die that are a horde mode with some Tower Defense elements.

Doesn't mean Battle Royale will be in the centre of everything.

imBask

Banned
Things come and go or get refined. Many games nowadays have a horde mode too and there are games like Orcs Must Die that are a horde mode with some Tower Defense elements.

Doesn't mean Battle Royale will be in the centre of everything.

you're just proving my point

Horde mode is terrible and they keep shoehorning it in EVERYTHING

Lunar FC

seriously tho if you hate battlegrounds, the next 4-5 years are going to be absolute hell for you guys. Everything will include a Battlegrounds mode. Everything

Why does everybody keep saying this? I'm sure they'll be some copycatters
(not like the invented this type od game in the first place)
but I really doubt that that many big studios are going to attempt to replicate PUBG.

oti

Banned
but I really doubt that that many big studios are going to attempt to replicate PUBG.

I do think there's something special here to make better and with a bigger budget. I agree though that people are vastly overestimating the market for this. I remember Brad saying there will be a gold rush or something.

Nah.

But they also said every game would have a Nemesis System after Mordor.

😂

imBask

Banned

They sold 5M copies in early access.

unlike the Nemesis system, it's really easy to think that specific mode will be an easy mode to implement in X and Y shooter

The illusion that the mode itself is what people are into + risk management from big studio execs who don't really understand anything but numbers will lead to a ton of bad battle royale modes

Who doesn't like Horde Mode?
What are you?

It was fun the first time, like 6 years ago

killroy87

I don't think anyone is arguing with you that there will be Battlegrounds-like modes in other games in the future. But you make it sound like it will be inescapable, lol.

Teddified

You'll be playing splatoon 2 then all of a sudden you are in a battle royale match and you can't escape until you die or win. And when you die in game you die in real life!

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I don't think anyone is arguing with you that there will be Battlegrounds-like modes in other games in the future. But you make it sound like it will be inescapable, lol.

I can say with confidence, it might feel that way in about 2 years. at least with the company i work for.

oti

Banned
"So [company] announced their [Battle Royale] mode/DLC."
"What is it?"
"It's their Battlegrounds mode."
"No thanks. I've played enough of that."

imBask

Banned
"So [company] announced their [Battle Royale] mode/DLC."
"What is it?"
"It's their Battlegrounds mode."
"No thanks. I've played enough of that."

"ok wanna play PUBG instead"
"nah, there's too many of those it's not cool anymore, let's just play Horde mode instead"

the darkest timeline

ryseing

People always mention Winter Solider, but it's also the one I always go back to to prove my point

Kinda like Dan, I can't name you a single thing that happened in that movie, it happened and that was that and the action was ok I think maybe

Robert Redford is really good in that movie.

His performance along with Mackie/Evans doing their bro thing is why I consider WS a great movie, the only MCU movie that qualifies as such.

I doubt it. Setting up dedicated servers for 100 people with network code built to that scale is no small task. That's not something you just tack on. Maybe DICE will do it since they're no strangers to large player counts but this isn't some "also we have this" mode.

Oakinn

Destiny was a game that really needed a horde mode. I was surprised that bungie never implemented one.

Jeff keeps bringing up COD having a Battlegrounds type mode, and while they have the money to throw at it, no no no no. Battlefield seems more likely and doable

oti

Banned
Destiny was a game that really needed a horde mode. I was surprised that bungie never implemented one.

Jeff keeps bringing up COD having a Battlegrounds type mode, and while they have the money to throw at it, no no no no. Battlefield seems more likely and doable

Call it

Call of Duty: 100
Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: Battle

Done.

Although I wonder if that would be a separate game. But seeing how Activision hasn't separated Zombies yet, maybe not.

TraBuch

Banned
Anyone else think Bastion is kinda overrated? It's a really basic action RPG with a cool narrator gimmick. Reading Pyre reviews and a bunch talk about how amazing Bastion was, but eh, Transistor was way more interesting.

How about Battleground but with sick ulties

Anyone else think Bastion is kinda overrated? It's a really basic action RPG with a cool narrator gimmick. Reading Pyre reviews and a bunch talk about how amazing Bastion was, but eh, Transistor was way more interesting.

Bastion's idol system is genius and probably my favorite thing it does. When people talk about systems you wish more games copied, that's what I point to.

oti

Banned
I think the next step for Battle Royale (not right now, in some years rather) is the fusion of Battle Royale and Hero Shooters.

I think

maybe

i've been hurt by DayZ and the billion clones that came after and this is why i'm scared for PUBG

I think there are a lot of legitimate reasons to be scared for it. There are tons of things in the game that point to very quick and short-sighted decisions that will affect the long-term viability

Oakinn

I argue about this with a friend all the time. Loved transistor and thought Bastion was good but not great. Pyre doesnt really do anything for me right now but Its Supergiant so ill give it a shot

Meneses

I enjoyed Transistor much more than Bastion. It’s a more interesting game in pretty much every way.

Same. I couldn't make it halfway through Bastion before I quit.

Transistor, on the other hand, I finished plenty of times (the second of which was immediately after finishing the first one), platinumed it, and occasionally replay it.

I couldn't get into Transistor at all, the storytelling did nothing for me. I found it weirdly joyless. I really loved Bastion when it came out but every time I've tried to revisit it it hasn't stuck.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's a good game with some interesting ideas and it profited from the story of its developer and it being one of the earlier quality indie games. The gameplay itself is nothing special, really, so I would agree.

Meguro

Banned
I keep meaning to play one of those but it seems like they just come out on the Vita or PC (I have neither).

I believe Ys Origin is out on PS4!
That's one of the best ones too.

As for Bastion, I still love it and like it more than Transistor.
Will buy Pyre tomorrow for sure.

Call it

Call of Duty: 100
Call of Duty: Warzone
Call of Duty: Battle

Done.

Although I wonder if that would be a separate game. But seeing how Activision hasn't separated Zombies yet, maybe not.

Call of Duty: 💯👌👌👌 *

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom