• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveo42

Banned
She said she got annoyed because Mad Max Fury Road had too much story. Fucking Fury Road.

Also said Horizon has too much story.

Now that's insanity. Not sure her beef with story, but a lack of one kind of puts me off on all kinds of media. If you don't have a story to tell, then it's probably not worth experiencing. I guess the exception is if the story is created by the one experiencing it.

Still, why you hating on stories Abby?

Fury Road is garbage. Michael Bay-like

I loved all the teenage humor, terrible jokes, bland plot and characters, and the focus on military tactics in Fury Road.

imBask

Banned
Fury Road is garbage. Michael Bay-like

oh are we doing opposite-opinion-day?
Sunshine is garbage!

also that's such a bullshit clickbait quote. She said the story parts in Mad Max were a litle too melodramatic, which is true. She didn't say "I THINK MAD MAX FURY ROAD HAS TOO MUCH STORY"

ev0

oh are we doing opposite-opinion-day?
Sunshine is garbage!

also that's such a bullshit clickbait quote. She said the story parts in Mad Max were a litle too melodramatic, which is true. She didn't say "I THINK MAD MAX FURY ROAD HAS TOO MUCH STORY"

Sure, but didn't she also say along the likes of "this isn't why I'm watching this, they should just skip it"

Hotter take : Marvel movies range from atrocious to bearable at best

they're generally so bland I don't think they merit any sort of super strong reaction like "atrocious". They're mostly fine, a few are Actually Good (Winter Soldier) and a few are pretty terrible (Iron Man 2)

imBask

Banned
they're generally so bland I don't think they merit any sort of super strong reaction like "atrocious". They're mostly fine, a few are Actually Good (Winter Soldier) and a few are pretty terrible (Iron Man 2)

People always mention Winter Solider, but it's also the one I always go back to to prove my point

Kinda like Dan, I can't name you a single thing that happened in that movie, it happened and that was that and the action was ok I think maybe

Oakinn

So I watched a shaky cam leak of the Infinity War trailer and experienced a ridiculous amount of hype.

I also love comics so this is basically my golden age

ev0

Yeah but that's a defendable opinion, unlike "there's too much story"

Ok so, I cant even remember when I heard that convo, but wasn't her whole basis after that " I dont go to those kind of movies to see a story so it shouldn't be there. Just do action"

And it's only brought up when someone brought up the idea of her playing Mass Effect of all things.

ev0

For all the fun(?) hot takes and comments that usually happen here..

I took a look into that SIFTD thread over in gaming..whoo boy. Talk about when shit gets real

hamchan

For all the fun(?) hot takes and comments that usually happen here..

I took a look into that SIFTD thread over in gaming..whoo boy. Talk about when shit gets real

I had to look up what SIFTD is.

That's probably part of their problem.

3zGwy3V.png

I hope it's not Dirt Bike. Dirt Bike don't deserve dat dirt.

I think The Prestige is a legitimate all-time great film. I think Dunkirk (which I loved) will also stand the test of time.

I love Inception but I understand people that don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom