• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

faridmon

I think The Prestige is a legitimate all-time great film. I think Dunkirk (which I loved) will also stand the test of time.

I love Inception but I understand people that don't.

Sorry, forgot to say I have't watched Prestige.

I did Watch Dunkirk, and it was kind of disappointing how it didn't capture he fear and the devastation of Dunkirk. It felt chaotic and people did die/almost died. The psychological and emotional impact just wasn't there

Oakinn

I think The Prestige is a legitimate all-time great film. I think Dunkirk (which I loved) will also stand the test of time.

I love Inception but I understand people that don't.
Totally agree, but for me Id replace Inception with Interstellar. I love that movie even though I understand maybe 3 quarters of it

Sorry, forgot to say I have't watched Prestige.

I did Watch Dunkirk, and it was kind of disappointing how it didn't capture he fear and the devastation of Dunkirk. It felt chaotic and people did die/almost died. The psychological and emotional impact just wasn't there
You've seen too many over-the-top war films, maybe. Veterans who were actually at Dunkirk say the film captured the battle just as they remember it.
Totally agree, but for me Id replace Inception with Interstellar. I love that movie even though I understand maybe 3 quarters of it
Yeah Interstellar isn't one of my favorites, although I liked it more than some.

Imagine if Dan made the concept of Steal My Sunshine during the GBWest days...

Jeff wouldn't stand for it.

"So we play Super Mario Sunshi.."

"Absolutely no way in Hell"

Megasoum

Banned
I think it's really strange Abby never talked to Jeff during the entire hiring process given how he talks about the process during Jar Time.

But whatever, it clearly wasn't needed since Abby is a great hire.

Jeff is head of editorial and Vinny head of production... No reason for her to talk to Jeff.

Also, I think Nolan is great (except for the third Batman and Interstellar). I enjoyed Dunkirk but I felt it was a bit of a mess at times... Difficult to follow.

Guess Who

Banned
I think it's really strange Abby never talked to Jeff during the entire hiring process given how he talks about the process during Jar Time.

But whatever, it clearly wasn't needed since Abby is a great hire.

It's been a while, but my understanding of the "corporate structure" is that Jeff is considered the "editorial" boss (so he's the boss of Ben, Alex, Brad, Dan, etc.) and Vinny is considered the "video production" boss (so he's Jason, Abby, and formerly Drew's boss).

Movies better than Fury Road

Memento
Prestige
Batman Duology
Inception
Interstellar

Im a film major and my opinions are worth more! About 3 fried pickles more!

Interstellar was so boring that I couldn't finish it, which is weird because I liked to loved every other Nolan movie that I've seen. The Prestige is still his best, though.

Edit: I agree that Fury Road wasn't all that great.

oti

Banned
Overcooked for Switch is coming out this week. You know what that means.

Hopefully a segment on UPF is what that that means.

Overcooked for Switch is coming out this week. You know what that means.

Hopefully a segment on UPF is what that that means.

I think I'll have to get that one. I just got Splatoon 2 and it's fun so far but the single player mode is MUCH harder than I expected.

Movies better than Fury Road

Memento
Prestige
Batman Duology
Inception
Interstellar

Part of why Fury Road is amazing is that it's filmed in such a minimalistic way but says so much(we get fully realized character arcs in a film that's basically one big chase scene) with fascinating world building, you'd be surprised by how much the film is actually practical. It also helps that it is edited to perfection. The fact that no stuntmen & women were harmed is a miracle, I mean look at this shit.

FioL5ie.gif

For Miller being able to achieve all that in this day and age is just mind blowing to be honest.

e: I almost forgot, he shot this film in his late 60's. He's 72 now.

It's been a while, but my understanding of the "corporate structure" is that Jeff is considered the "editorial" boss (so he's the boss of Ben, Alex, Brad, Dan, etc.) and Vinny is considered the "video production" boss (so he's Jason, Abby, and formerly Drew's boss).

El Jefe: "so she knows her way around production does improv and has a motorcycle"

V Dawg: "yup"

"But does she play The DOTA?"

"Huh?"

"Just answer the question"

Dunkirk showed that all Nolan needed to be a properly good director is for him to cut all of his appallingly shitty dialogue out of his movies.

The Prestige is a damned good movie, mind.

imBask

Banned
seriously tho if you hate battlegrounds, the next 4-5 years are going to be absolute hell for you guys. Everything will include a Battlegrounds mode. Everything

what if skate came back, but it was skate: grindgrounds

you'll have to all ollie and cleave your skateboards into each others heads in a post apocalyptic scenario where the only way to get a sponsorship is to compete in the bloodbowl(tm)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom