• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
i only rented kingdom hearts before and i never got past the giant ant thing fight on the island because i didn't have a memory card

every day i'd have to sit through the intro of the game and by the time i'd get up to the fight, i'd have to stop playing

i only rented kingdom hearts before and i never got past the giant ant thing fight on the island because i didn't have a memory card

every day i'd have to sit through the intro of the game and by the time i'd get up to the fight, i'd have to stop playing

The giant fight is the high point of all the series

So you're not missing much

They could hate everything this game has to offer, but not the soundtrack.
They should start with KH2 and just embrace the nonsense of the KH story.

Gjr4qoZ.jpg
KH2 MICKEY FUCKIN SHIT UP

Brad is going complain all of the time, isn't he?

"So if I want to carry, should I buy the sword, shield, or staff?"
"I can only hold 3 items? So it's like I only have a backpack? "
"Ok I've unlocked my ultimate, the Genie, I'm going to use him!"
"Ok so we kill the minions to attack the Core of the planet, right?"

Catvoca

Banned
"So if I want to carry, should I buy the sword, shield, or staff?"
"I can only hold 3 items? So it's like I only have a backpack? "
"Ok I've unlocked my ultimate, the Genie, I'm going to use him!"
"Ok so we kill the minions to attack the Core of the planet, right?"

*discovers a mechanic 8 hours into the game that he should have known about from the tutorial*
"Wait, whaaaaat? Oh, ok".

ev0

I come home and see Kingdom Hearts news? whoa.
Still been wanting to play 2 tho...its still sealed from the ps2 days..

I'm the opposite. I love Dota but I can't play it, I'm shit and it gets me too stressed. I can watch people playing it all day but I have kind of fallen off most Dota streamers, I tend to just watch tournaments these days.

I quit years ago at this point because at some point I would be so fucking tilted after a game it wasn't even enjoyable. My best friend at the time and I would play for a few hours a night, and I would end up having a 90 minute round that would keep me up until 1am and having some dumb bullshit happen where we would lose.

Eventually I got tired of getting angry all the time at it, and retired. I've tried a few other games since then, and I pretty much repeat that cycle. Fun > Competitive > Rage > Retirement.

I come home and see Kingdom Hearts news? whoa.
Still been wanting to play 2 tho...its still sealed from the ps2 days..

2 is so much better than 1 aside from the beginning. Both games have tedious/boring beginnings (well 1 was a little bit more exciting at the time because HOLY SHIT DISNEY CHARACTERS IN A RPG GAME ALL TOGETHER?)

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I find it kind of funny that complaining is so ingrained in our culture that we're complaining about series before we can even watch it.

2 is so much better than 1 aside from the beginning. Both games have tedious/boring beginnings (well 1 was a little bit more exciting at the time because HOLY SHIT DISNEY CHARACTERS IN A RPG GAME ALL TOGETHER?)

tbf it was an enjoyable beginning. It was sweet? And then the actual island being devoured was an awesome moment.

Joeku

alright, let's bring this back to Giant Bomb and not some dumb argument about being offended from some YouTube kid. If you are offended, don't watch it. I'm sick of this overracting and being offended by everything culture. Just don't watch it. Plain and simple. Most of the time is people saying it to get a rise out of you, and if they do mean what they say, they aren't really worth your time and you are just wasting it on them anyways.

Giant Bomb!!!
Firstly, lumping everything into an "offended by everything culture" is a good way to look offended by even the presence of the conversation. Different issues around different particular people and the shit they pull or don't pull are their own thing. It isn't your or anyone else's place to tell people how much of a shit to give about anything.

Secondly, if anyone takes any issue with anything, step one shouldn't be to disengage entirely. That how you end up getting called a snowflake who can't handle shit. Calling out bullshit as you see it and taking those conversations as they come certainly seems a lot more productive than doing nothing at all and finding "comfort zone only" content.

Thirdly, this can be applied specifically and put creators in a new light. Crowbcat's No Man's Sky video is maybe one of the best takedowns of anything I've ever seen on youtube, but you bet your ass I was sideeyeing their E3 video with the racist shit and weird blast of the charity stuff at EA. I would absolutely want more of the former video and less of the latter, and I don't see what's wrong in calling that out.

Fourthly, JonTron's proof that it isn't necessarily all for a rise. Dude's jokes over the years turned out to be genuine fuckery, and the saddest thing was the fencesitting from other online personalities who were more afraid about pissing off a shared fanbase than calling out bigotry in the community they shared. Events like that and Gamergate really need to be addressed, not ignored. No real life community shuts its eyes so hard to the bullshit that permeates it than the broad gaming sphere does online, and that while that seems to be changing, the pace is glacial.

Fifthly, I made you a version of your avatar without jaggies because it was setting me off whenever I saw it. Feel free to use it or not, it's cool!
T939xQO.png

Finally, this is the most offensive thing of all:
Rsydljd.png

GIANT BOMB WEST
KINGDOM HEARTS

Goddammit Ben.

I hope this is a weird stilted series story refresher before KHIII because I hear that's a fucking nightmare.

imBask

Banned
well I just started playing KH 1 and thought the controls we're way too rough for me to keep going so this is actually a great thing!

GB West is trying!

I only ever knew friends with Playstations, and I never got to experience all of Kingdom Hearts' series. I'm genuinely excited (as of now) for them doing a run of the game.

Zaph

Glad that West is doing a new feature, but I just hope it isn't another variation on Brad being dragged through something he doesn't like for an hour.

imBask

Banned
Glad that West is doing a new feature, but I just hope it isn't another variation on Brad being dragged through something he doesn't like for an hour.

at this moment, Zaph realized this is the description of every feature on Giant Bomb

So, I managed to get a Switch (yay!) and am really impressed with the default controller. I was so sure it would feel too small for me, but it is great. I may eventually get a Pro Controller, but as of now, I am quite satisfied with the default option. Also, I love switching the JoyCons around. It's such a satisfying thing.

It's my first Nintendo home console since Gamecube, and it's the first time I've had multiple competing consoles since that same generation (when I had PS2/GC/XB).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom