• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

drabnon

You guys talking about this stuff is reminiscent of Brad's argument for Dota 2 in GoTY 2013. '"What if we're talking about this staff's ability to recognize true quality... True innovation?" to which Jeff responded "Look at the games on this list".

Gb don't give a fuck about your "quality" games lol

I think Breath of the Wild will make it to like number 2 or 3 at least though. It's been a killer year for games so I can see Zelda not winning

oti

Banned
You guys talking about this stuff is reminiscent of Brad's argument for Dota 2 in GoTY 2013. '"What if we're talking about this staff's ability to recognize true quality... True innovation?" to which Jeff responded "Look at the games on this list".

Gb don't give a fuck about your "quality" games lol

I think Breath of the Wild will make it to like number 2 or 3 at least though. It's been a killer year for games so I can see Zelda not winning

Zelda is the most killer game though.

I think by now we all know GOTY doesn't really matter and is just for fun anyway. And that their opinion is trash.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
You know I'm just kidding around right Oti. :p

Has Giant Bomb even acknowledged the new DJ Max? Because I'm still salty they never noticed Superbeat Xonic after two platform releases in different years.

To be fair there's like no western date in sight yet.,

Whatever though, region-free <3.

I'm so hyped that DJ max is back.

derFeef

Played Splatoon 2 up until 1am, fuuuun but I suck so hard.
Also watched SMS3 whie playing, but I missed the most of it, guess I need to rewatch.

drabnon

Zelda is the most killer game though.

I think by now we all know GOTY doesn't really matter and is just for fun anyway. And that their opinion is trash.

Yeah, I know. I don't necessarily agree with their GoTY picks but it's very entertaining to hear them hash it out. I think the wildcard here is Dan. Clearly he likes PUBG a lot since he plays it every night. But he was positively glowing about Zelda and said that it was magical or something like that, and that it made him feel like a kid again. I'm curious to see which side he takes for the discussions.

oti

Banned
Yeah, I know. I don't necessarily agree with their GoTY picks but it's very entertaining to hear them hash it out. I think the wildcard here is Dan. Clearly he likes PUBG a lot since he plays it every night. But he was positively glowing about Zelda and said that it was magical or something like that, and that it made him feel like a kid again. I'm curious to see which side he takes for the discussions.

Dan doesn't matter as long as Jeff and Brad agree on something. Nobody does.

ST2K

I think a relatively large part of Shadow of Mordor's appeal was it kinda came from nowhere for the crew, in addition to the weak year. I doubt Wardor will do as well without those factors.

But if Destiny 2 and PUBG are the top 2...

*shudder*

PUBG doesn't win if Mario Odyssey is as good as it could be. Hell, after (2016 spoilers)
Hitman beat DOOM
anything could happen. There are a lot of locks though - Yakuza 0, Nier: Automata (Dan is a wildcard regarding that game's fate), Zelda, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Wardor, Destiny 2, Wolfenstein 2.

Hot take early predictions: Persona 5 somehow gets in the top 10 despite having nobody extremely supporting it, Destiny beats Wolfenstein again, Dan will decide the fate of GOTY, and dabs will be thrown.

Zeroro

Persona 5's probably gonna be my GOTY, but there's absolutely no way it's making it in the top 10 for the deliberations. Top 15... maybe?

Alex and Ben'll talk about it for 10 - 15 minutes, if that, before it's completely tabled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom