• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Omg please do a series where Vinny build Dan an amiibo shelf.

Gotta say as an amateur woodworker i get a kick whenever Vinny talks about his woodworking stuff.

Scizzy

Gotta say as an amateur woodworker i get a kick whenever Vinny talks about his woodworking stuff.

I have no interest in woodworking myself, but you have to appreciate the genuine pride Vinny takes in his work.

Antiwhippy

I have no interest in woodworking myself, but you have to appreciate the genuine pride Vinny takes in his work.

That's the best part about craft is that you get a tangible object that you can be proud of.

Or you get a failed piece, but that's part of the fun as well.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
It's hard to believe he genuinely wrote for a living for a long time

his writing isn't terrible. it's not -- like -- top tier or consistently inspired, but it's usually compact and rhythmic and a step above "video game review"-tier.

Tubobutts

That's the best part about craft is that you get a tangible object that you can be proud of.

Or you get a failed piece, but that's part of the fun as well.
What if you get a tangible object and you are proud of it but then you eventually notice something is slightly wrong and then in trying to fix it you make it worse and then end up destroying it and never making anything again?

Airbar

Neo Member
You guys think I should sent in a mail to the BeastCast with photos of my recent and first real woodworking project? I've been enjoying the work tremendously and can really relate to Vinny's elated feeling concerning the craft.

You guys think I should sent in a mail to the BeastCast with photos of my recent and first real woodworking project? I've been enjoying the work tremendously and can really relate to Vinny's elated feeling concerning the craft.

Add about your anxiety and how it helps, and you have a golden email.

Antiwhippy

Let's join the same game. You can put it on and I'll shoot you in the face and we'll see.

I think bluehole can ban you for that.

What if you get a tangible object and you are proud of it but then you eventually notice something is slightly wrong and then in trying to fix it you make it worse and then end up destroying it and never making anything again?

Fuck you have no idea how true this is.

his writing isn't terrible. it's not -- like -- top tier or consistently inspired, but it's usually compact and rhythmic and a step above "video game review"-tier.

I wouldn't say that it is, I think the general quality has gone up of late and Dan's reviews read like some 2000-ass videogame reviews.

Airbar

Neo Member
Add about your anxiety and how it helps, and you have a golden email.

Well I can add about my depression I'm combating for the past 4 years, so I could get Alex on board as well, right guys? Right?
And to not be a downer, I'm totally fine with my depression, to be honest I feel better than ever before mainly thanks to the depression and what it tought me about myself.

Five worst features/videos:

Dishonourable mention to PAX Wrestling which always had terrible audio, camera shots and planning, but is not eligible for this list.

5) Betting The FarmVille
4) Spookin' With Scoops
3) Leigh Alexander at E3
2) Hitman quick looks
1) Steal My Sunshine

Antiwhippy

Do it man. I'd love to have a look as well.

Top 1 posters with the worst opinions in this thread:
1) Patrick Young

Series where Vinny and Abby build a wooden motorbike.

Dishonourable mention to PAX Wrestling which always had terrible audio, camera shots and planning, but is not eligible for this list.

5) Betting The FarmVille
4) Spookin' With Scoops
3) Leigh Alexander at E3
2) Hitman quick looks
1) Steal My Sunshine

Imagine being this bothered by someone playing a video game poorly.

5) Betting The FarmVille
4) Spookin' With Scoops
3) Leigh Alexander at E3
2) Hitman quick looks
1) Steal My Sunshine

That was some of the best content they had all last year.
giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I wouldn't say that it is, I think the general quality has gone up of late and Dan's reviews read like some 2000-ass videogame reviews.
confession: haven't read any review on the site for the better part of the year -- i might be misremembering or dan may be getting worst without editors / critical oversight

Dan really is completely dismissive. Like he realizes he's a professional right. 'it's just a fucking cartoon' like come on. Use your words you uncouth fool

Can we just name DJ MAX RESPECT GOTY already?

8WrPr56.jpg

yvWoqTX.gif

Abby likes ranked splatoon 2.

She's officially not a baby like alex and dan.

Speaking of Abby, her favorite game of the year so far is Night In The Woods. I'm glad someone else other than Alex will shine a light on this game come GOTY time.
Uhh, what is this Kingdom Heartache feature? And when was it announced?

E1b4cD9.jpg

Yesterday. Donald & Goofy are going to be playing through a modded version of Kingdom Hearts.

Antiwhippy

Speaking of Abby, her favorite game of the year so far is Night In The Woods. I'm glad someone else other than Alex will shine a light on this game come GOTY time.

Hell yeah.

Glad someone at giantbomb recognises it.

Also you know what's the one online thing nintendo did right with the switch? Being able to purchase from other region stores with your own credit card.

Having to create an Hong kong PSN account and then buy codes for it is such a pain.

daveo42

Banned
I shouldn't be surprised by Dan's reasons for not liking Pyre, but goddamn is he missing out on some fantastic gaming stories because "fucking static cartoons".

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Alright, I bought a Switch and it was bundled with Splatoon 2.

Now to make the very hard decision if I should rebuy breath Of the wild and start from scratch after 150 hours on the WiiU version

oti

Banned
Alright, I bought a Switch and it was bundled with Splatoon 2.

Now to make the very hard decision if I should rebuy breath Of the wild and start from scratch after 150 hours on the WiiU version

Yes if you buy the DLC and play in Hero Mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom