• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

imBask

Banned
"millions of nintendo fans are screaming at the podcast right now"
"yes they're screaming WAAAH!"

Ben is actually a comedic genius how can you guys hate him

hamchan

"millions of nintendo fans are screaming at the podcast right now"
"yes they're screaming WAAAH!"

Ben is actually a comedic genius how can you guys hate him

The standard of "jokes that get no reaction from the other guys" has sure dropped since Drew left.

kiguel182

I still need to play Night in the Woods. I kinda want to buy it on itch.io but I'm not sure my computer can handle it.

I could buy it on PS4 but I don't want to.

I'll probably buy it in itch anyway. I'm still figuring out if I can buy a new laptop this year.

imBask

Banned
I still can't believe some people thought ARMS looked good. It looked like hot garbage from day 1, like a bad Wii idea that never made it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still need to play Night in the Woods. I kinda want to buy it on itch.io but I'm not sure my computer can handle it.

I could buy it on PS4 but I don't want to.

I'll probably buy it in itch anyway. I'm still figuring out if I can buy a new laptop this year.

Huh.

How bad must your computer be if you can't run NitW?

2953412-ddaddy.jpg

Quick Look: Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator
Abby and Ben join forces to create the world's most datable ska dad.

CROSS COAST

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I wouldn't say that it is, I think the general quality has gone up of late and Dan's reviews read like some 2000-ass videogame reviews.
He definitely practices the "old" style of video games reviews, with a very surface-level overview of "Are the controls good? Do it got graphics?" It's interesting to contrast his reviews with Austin's, which are in a more "modern" style and, I think, more evocative of the actual experience of playing a game.

Jintor

i wonder if dan can ask jeremiah to give him a few pointers. His last dissertation on the economic ramifications of the mushroom kingdom's shine to luna exchange deficit was a masterpiece

Diving into the Beastcast now(Judging from the comments here, I really can't wait for GOTY time. It's gonna be GOOD), fun dad game QL as well. Totally not the game I expected it to be though.

Dan's criticism of generally well-liked games usually have at least a kernel of truth to them that fans are unwilling to acknowledge (e.g. Assassin's Creed), but hating a game simply because "the cutscenes aren't animated" and "no flashy dunks" is a reach even by his standards. Totally get that the story/pacing won't be everyone's jam, but that's different than disliking it because there are no moving mouths.

soundtest

Banned
i like how they spent like 5 minutes shitting on splatoon's myriad issues regarding its online rollout BS and also the terrible switch voice app only to come together at the end and celebrate vinny still getting it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Dan's criticism of generally well-liked games usually have at least a kernel of truth to them that fans are unwilling to acknowledge (e.g. Assassin's Creed), but hating a game simply because "the cutscenes aren't animated" and "no flashy dunks" is a reach even by his standards. Totally get that the story/pacing won't be everyone's jam, but that's different than disliking it because there are no moving mouths.

Eh to be fair I've seen that as a reason why people dislike VNs pretty often.

Jintor

i dislike vns with moving mouths intensely actually

especially the ones where nothing EXCEPT the mouth is animated. mouth moving without jaw moving = nightmares

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom