• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh totally. Like I'm not a comic fan at all but that page is still one of my favourite images to pull up when I want to have a laugh.

Does the punisher even have super powers or is he just a strong dude who shoots guns?

Punisher is basically Batman but he uses guns to kill people

no superpowers, but he's got a nerd sidekick that's basically his Q (played by Wayne Knight in Warzone, which is kind of incredible)

and also it's actual New York instead of fictional New York (every comic book city is fake NY to me)

What gets me though everytime is Mcfarlane's monologues at the beginning of every episode.

ahahaha, that's the most "mid-90s HBO" shit I can imagine

you know, I don't like Spawn at all, but I can't act like they haven't done some amazing casting with the adaptations

Lunar FC

That's true however, the writing in the Animated Series is done with the right amount of gravitas that does the whole thing justice. Atleast the first two volumes/seasons. The third one is a hit and a miss.

I wouldn't mind jumping in whenever I'm free although I'm in EU so that may cause some problems with lag and shit.

Sweet, deff down. Though I must admit i'm without dinner.

Not sure if the game has issues with groups from different regions.

Since we're on the topic of cartoons/superheroes! I wish more people would watch Gargoyles, it's another one of those "for kids but actually it's more for adults" cartoons with an incredible set of characters and villains. It's also sort of a Star Trek reunion when it comes to the casting. Watch only the first 2 seasons. The 3rd one is a fuckin mess because most if not all of the original writers left.

And also, The Iron Giant. Perhaps one of the most underrated animated films ever made.

latest

Ashby

Punisher is basically Batman but he uses guns to kill people

no superpowers, but he's got a nerd sidekick that's basically his Q (played by Wayne Knight in Warzone, which is kind of incredible)

and also it's actual New York instead of fictional New York (every comic book city is fake NY to me)

You sound pretty into Punisher, particularly how he's more grounded compared to other comic book "heroes." If you haven't you should really read Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX run. It's an undisputed masterpiece.

valeo

Since we're on the topic of cartoons/superheroes! I wish more people would watch Gargoyles, it's another one of those "for kids but actually it's more for adults" cartoons with an incredible set of characters and villains. It's also sort of a Star Trek reunion when it comes to the casting. Watch only the first 2 seasons. The 3rd one is a fuckin mess because most if not all of the original writers left.

And also, The Iron Giant. Perhaps one of the most underrated animated films ever made.

Gargoyles was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. Great show.

Gargoyles was one of my favourite cartoons as a kid. Great show.

I rewatched it a few years ago and it held up quite well. Always impressed by how the show did a few part episode focusing on one story arc or when they did a 4 part episode to tell an entire backstory of only two characters. I love when shows or film focus on their characters and all, really helps make the world feel well realized and very memorable.

The main guy left so that season might as well not exist

You sound pretty into Punisher, particularly how he's more grounded compared to other comic book "heroes." If you haven't you should really read Garth Ennis' Punisher MAX run. It's an undisputed masterpiece.

I wouldn't say I'm that into the Punisher (the game and Warzone is pretty much my entire experience with it), I just prefer criminals being portrayed as monsters and not these goofy dickheads like pretty much every comic book and video game loves to do. Even when someone's reprehensible, it's usually played for laughs (like Trevor in GTA V). It's why I gravitate towards shit like Kane & Lynch 2 even if it's not the best playing thing in the world.

That being said, this seems alright.

ev0

All the warnings about the crazy things Dan said on the Beastcast yet the one that got me was his immediate reaction to watching Battle Royale was "is it dubbed?"

Of course I guess that kinda just goes with the cant be arsed to read thing

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
All the warnings about the crazy things Dan said on the Beastcast yet the one that got me was his immediate reaction to watching Battle Royale was "is it dubbed?"

Of course I guess that kinda just goes with the cant be arsed to read thing

Why else do you think he hates yakuza so much?

demidar

I only just noticed because I got absorbed by the Twitch anime marathon, sponsored by Crunchyroll.

What I didn't expect was Mary Kish hosting a between-shows panel with some other people, presumably from Crunchroll, and some FGC guy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
she didn't know it was called the great war and thought wonder women was set in a pretend war, she also started the duck penis thing confirming she is in fact a female Dan

I thought she just didn't know if wonder woman is set in world war 1, not that she didn't know about world war 1.

oti

Banned
I only just noticed because I got absorbed by the Twitch anime marathon, sponsored by Crunchyroll.

What I didn't expect was Mary Kish hosting a between-shows panel with some other people, presumably from Crunchroll, and some FGC guy.

I took a peek and there were girls dressed in tight clothes turning into dragons or something.

Don't think I'll watch more.

I thought she just didn't know if wonder woman is set in world war 1, not that she didn't know about world war 1.

Sounded like she was confused because they never called it World War 1. As the movie was set during that time, they refer to it as the war to end all wars and the great war and such.

This was moments after Dan said Batman Forever and Batman & Robin are better than any modern superhero movie. Not to be outdone.

oti

Banned
So I tuned in again and there's a girl and she's going to die unless she kisses a dude?

Anime is weird.

I finished Castlevania yesterday. Peoples' expectations must have been reaaaaaaaaaally low. I though it was just OK tbh. But nice seeing what Castlevania is actually about (I assume).

oti

Banned
マリ キシュ の アニメ は とても かわいい です ね。

demidar

Super low budget anime is something you can get away with only once every few years. At least for me, it wears out its welcome extremely quickly.

Strax

Dan doesn't think further about stuff. Or doesn't want to think about the implications of Batman or Walmart. That's where I was coming from.

I think Dan just wants to be happy no matter what and is totally fine living in his own little, protected and limited bubble.

tbf so do most people in the world.

Are we still talking about Batman? I used to be way into all things Batman but ever since, oh, around the time of Dark Knight Rises, his treatment in films/games/pop culture has done a real number on my appreciation of the character in general.

If you want to read good Batman though, Grant Morrisson's run was incredible. That man knows how to write a comic book, tell you what

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom