• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Like I don't quite understand why twitch has an anime channel though.

So people can restream anime streams which is kinda illegal?

Like why?

Tubobutts

I'm with Vinny on not liking Wind up Bird Chronicles and really liking Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World

Abby really is a Dan.

kiguel182

tbf so do most people in the world.

Including people in this thread.

Dan might be earnest about it but there’s a certain privilege that people here enjoy just as he does and that we are not aware of the real cost.

This conversation is a bit ridiculous since people are acting all mighty about it. Unless you live in. Third world country your live was built on the suffering of a ton of people and you are, indirectly, keeping the train rolling.

Meguro

Banned
Ehhhhh.
Let's not be too soft on Dan here.
He talked some dumb shit and got rightfully called out for it. That's pretty much it.

kiguel182

Ehhhhh.
Let's not be too soft on Dan here.
He talked some dumb shit and got rightfully called out for it. That's pretty much it.

About Walmart? He didn’t really. He said he cared more about his consumer experience than background stuff. It’s better than acting like you are superior to him when you also enjoy your privilege in tons of different ways and ignore it.

Coming here to criticize someone’s morals on that subject is honestly unnecessary and a bit too personal honestly.

Edit: being aware of what’s wrong with Walmart is important, and he is. He simply chooses to base his liking on his consumer experience. Like pretty much everyone in first world countries does.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
About Walmart? He didn’t really. He said he cared more about his consumer experience than background stuff. It’s better than acting like you are superior to him when you also enjoy your privilege in tons of different ways and ignore it.

Coming here to criticize someone’s morals on that subject is honestly unnecessary and a bit too personal honestly.

Edit: being aware of what’s wrong with Walmart is important, and he is. He simply chooses to base his liking on his consumer experience. Like pretty much everyone in first world countries does.

Eh, you don't personally know the poster's history on the subject though. Maybe they aren't using that privilege?

I mean I don't call him out because I also don't mind taking part in this capitalistic society, but I'm not those posters.

Jintor

Long Halloween, also good
Whatever Happened to the Caped Crusader

I also like Batgirl Year One. (Robin Year One sucks tbh)

There's bits of the Batgirl Cass Cain run I like as well even though the art is god-awful

I need to reread Cataclysm and No Man's Land at some point

The best Batman comics though are Gotham Central

Hasney

I'm about to start Kingdom Hearts 1.5 to get ahead of the GB feature as I barely remember anything ither than enjoying it at the time.

Goodbye fond memories?

Meguro

Banned
There's a difference between liking the consumer experience of Walmart and putting your foot down and saying "Corporations are good, actually", which Dan does A LOT.
And yeah, no shit I use my "privilege". You can't function in our society otherwise.
It's like people saying "oh yeah if you hate social media so much why do you use it, duhhh"

oti

Banned
I'm about to start Kingdom Hearts 1.5 to get ahead of the GB feature as I barely remember anything ither than enjoying it at the time.

Goodbye fond memories?

I watched a lot of EZA playing KH2.
I watched the KH2 Speedrun.
Now KH GB playthrough.

I've given up on playing those games again. Will just wait for KH3 at this point.

kiguel182

Eh, you don't personally know the poster's history on the subject though. Maybe they aren't using that privilege?

I mean I don't call him out because I also don't mind taking part in this capitalistic society, but I'm not those posters.

You are right but I still doubt that anyone in this forum can claim their hands are clean. I mean, we are in a video game forum, an industry known for exploiting their employees in a lot of big companies.

Also Walmart has a horrible customer experience. They are the dirtiest, worst organized, and ugliest of the superstores. Employees give negative fucks as well. Just bad places, that Dan probably likes for nostalgia or because his brand is liking garbage brands.

HdPXtfo.png

I feel you, Swery.

drabnon

Swery is a champ. I'm still sad about D4. Hope his new game comes soon, I love that he's one of the few "auteurs" in video games.

Meguro

Banned
I had to send in my 360 on launch day.
Then I had to send in my replacement three days after I got it.
If anything don't buy the first version of hardware.

Hasney

Weirdly, I've only ever had issues with later revisions in that my 360 S and PS2 Slim fucked up. All my launch revision hardware works perfect (bought all of them since the Dreamcast bar XB1), even the 360.

I also don't hear the fans on my now retired PS4 and my Pro unlike some. Goddamn lucky.

Yeah, my launch Switch that I ended up selling came with a dead dock and eventually started to freeze all the time. I got rid of it and might be getting another one soonish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom