• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimaka

As much as I've played 0, I didn't know Kashiwagi was the drummer in the Judgment song.

Hope they go straight into it. They should complete Yakuza 0 well before 7/8 weeks right?

If they continue to mainline the story, it should take two or three episodes. They are very close to the end.

pizzacat

Banned
I would rather see them take a break from Yakuza and move onto Shenmue II before they start Kiwami

293894071968202753.png

Hindl

I wonder what'll happen if they ever get a chicken dinner on stream. Will they just stop the feature or keep going?
AR > VR in the corporate space, IMO. Many more practical use cases.

The tech for VR is also nowhere close to being ready for widespread consumer acceptance, it's still far too demanding. And before VR hits its stride in the enterprise world, it needs to do well with consumers.

In general I agree AR will probably be bigger, but there are certain use cases that I don't think AR can replace. Teleconferencing for one, there was that recent story of some major surgery that was livestreamed in VR for medical students. And various architectural designs and plans come out better through VR than AR. I think they'll be able to coexist.

As for the second point, while I agree it's not close to being ready for widespread consumer acceptance (and tbh I'm not sure it'll ever be more than just a niche product for enthusiasts), I don't think it needs to succeed with consumers to succeed in enterprise. To take an AR example, look at Hololens. MS isn't even bothering trying to market it to consumers, and rightfully so. But there are enterprise use cases that are being made. It won't be immediate, but I think 2020 on we'll start seeing VR be used in more creative ways for academic and enterprise purposes

I wonder what'll happen if they ever get a chicken dinner on stream. Will they just stop the feature or keep going?

In general I agree AR will probably be bigger, but there are certain use cases that I don't think AR can replace. Teleconferencing for one, there was that recent story of some major surgery that was livestreamed in VR for medical students. And various architectural designs and plans come out better through VR than AR. I think they'll be able to coexist.

As for the second point, while I agree it's not close to being ready for widespread consumer acceptance (and tbh I'm not sure it'll ever be more than just a niche product for enthusiasts), I don't think it needs to succeed with consumers to succeed in enterprise. To take an AR example, look at Hololens. MS isn't even bothering trying to market it to consumers, and rightfully so. But there are enterprise use cases that are being made. It won't be immediate, but I think 2020 on we'll start seeing VR be used in more creative ways for academic and enterprise purposes

Yep, games is a natural early market, but business uses will far outweigh consumer uses.

I hope they keep up the 'no fucks given' attitude in Murder Island, the last episode was much better than the couple before that.

I hope so too! It's likely they will as Jeff seemed aware that it was not only the best way for them to get better but also that it was best for the stream.

Charlie Murder and the Island Factory
They really keep killing it with the names of these streams, lol.

Monthly reminder that Jason really deserves a vacation.
I feel like GB has gone without a producer before when someone was on a vacation, so they really should. It will lead to fun tricaster streams!

All duders need their breaks from the insatiable content hordes colloquially known as premium members.
no job listing yet, four months (at least) to go!

I'll admit I kinda of assumed it was up already... Thought they put the position up after the previous person leaves.

I feel like GB has gone without a producer before when someone was on a vacation, so they really should. It will lead to fun tricaster streams!

All duders need their breaks from the insatiable content hordes colloquially known as premium members.

I'll admit I kinda of assumed it was up already... Thought they put the position up after the previous person leaves.

maybe waiting until the next budget season rolls around, but yeah it's weird that nothing has gone up yet

killroy87

I've listened to that Jeremiah segment as least ten times. The first time, I legit shed tears laughing. It was good enough to make me stop hating Vinny for dropping a massive Zelda spoiler.

Joeku

Resubscribed and I'm super glad they still use that clip of Jeff, Vinny, and Ryan thanking you for it. That's awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom