• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think my problem with VR is that I'm not a FPS fan in the first place, and developers are still slow to branch out of "How to make it feel like you're really shooting, man"

Which is a shame, because there are stuff I've seen that shows me some real promise, but I'm not going to spend that much to play fancy light gun games.

Also it's too gimmicks heavy atm.

imBask

Banned
Why would I develop an original idea for VR if i'm a game dev?

it's expensive, risky, gimmicky and I could make 10x the money by just making another onrail shooter and/or doing a normal video game

Hindl

Why would I develop an original idea for VR if i'm a game dev?

it's expensive, risky, gimmicky and I could make 10x the money by just making another onrail shooter and/or doing a normal video game

You're making an art game and don't care about the ROI

imBask

Banned
You're making an art game and don't care about the ROI

that's in an ideal world but even then I could just make an art game for half the cost and half the time for PC, which will actually be seen by more people

also that's super niche and doesn't help VR

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Isn't that true for all things videogames?

Nah I'm kinda happy with how games are now.

Also I don't want to fast forward too many things because then my life will be shortened and that's not good.

I just want to see what VR is like when the cable problem is solved, the movement problem is solved, and people make something other than gallery shooters.

daveo42

Banned
VR will continue to be stale until devs figure out how to make more interesting, meaningful experiences outside of shooting galleries, art simulators, and trying to manipulate your sense of scale. I still think locomotion is still a major issue btw in holding back VR back from larger appeal.

imBask

Banned
Also alienating half of your audience due to motion sickness is really bad. I can't play VR games even if I wanted to, puking is not my idea of fun

Meguro

Banned
I'm fascinated by VR personally which is why the Rift bundle is so tempting.
But I also like new technology a lot because I'm a dumb shitter.

kingocfs

I mean, yes? VR could literally not sell a single new unit of consumer hardware or software, and still be fine. It still is and will be massively transformative in the enterprise and corporate space

AR > VR in the corporate space, IMO. Many more practical use cases.

The tech for VR is also nowhere close to being ready for widespread consumer acceptance, it's still far too demanding. And before VR hits its stride in the enterprise world, it needs to do well with consumers.

The stutter in the latest VRodeo is driving my bananas. Jeff doesn't see it so it must be a capture thing.

I don't understand why devs made it so hard to capture VR games. (with incorrect FOV, weird aspect ratios, etc.)

robotrock

Banned
I knew from the moment I heard Jeremiah, it was Xerxes from 300:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mi3QQgAa1io

The only Zack Snyder movies I've seen are Man of Steel and the first 100 minutes of Batman v Superman. Definitely seeing the Jeremiah here btw

Is Kiryu always using Brawler, Beast and Rush styles in the Yakuza games with similar special moves?

Nah, think that's a new system they brought in for 0 and Kiwami. Unsure if it's in 6.

The stutter in the latest VRodeo is driving my bananas. Jeff doesn't see it so it must be a capture thing.

I don't understand why devs made it so hard to capture VR games. (with incorrect FOV, weird aspect ratios, etc.)

The playdate in which abby played RE7 also had massive stutter.

I hope they fix it.

nwSaNAj.png

Kassu

Banned
Small end of Yakuza 0 and first few hours of Yakuza 1 spoilers:

Alex: "And then at some point we probably have to murder Dojima too"

Oh boy, can't wait for that

Mupod

Hope they go straight into it. They should complete Yakuza 0 well before 7/8 weeks right?

I'm still a couple weeks behind but the game's story pace picks up fast near the end. Based entirely on this week's thumbnail I bet they could finish 0 in 1-2 more episodes if they wanted.

Fireblend

Banned
I'm glad to see Alex enjoying Yakuza as much as he is. I know the others are enjoying it as well, but Alex is so on top of what's going on now. Such an outstanding game, probably my GotY so far.

Can't wait for Kiwami

I'm glad to see Alex enjoying Yakuza as much as he is. I know the others are enjoying it as well, but Alex is so on top of what's going on now. Such an outstanding game, probably my GotY so far.

Can't wait for Kiwami

I haven't been following the announcements, is kiwami the "next" in the series, between 0 and 1? Or do you think they are just going to hop into 1?

Tagyhag

I finally got around to UPF.

I love the concept of the community choosing games, but I hope they have better filters.

That goes for the community as well, as someone who loves Mount and Blade, why would you think it's a good game to do in UPF?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom