• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

xuchu

i'm still laughing over jeremiah.

dan really is a genius in some ways

He really is a comedic genius. He's also 100% self aware of how silly his eggs and digging in garbage stories sounds.

Jeremiah saying "I think he does it for show" cements it.

Zaph

He really is a comedic genius. He's also 100% self aware of how silly his eggs and digging in garbage stories sounds.

Jeremiah saying "I think he does it for show" cements it.

Its really impressive how committed Dan is to the audience - its like he goes though life asking himself what would make this more entertaining or be a good story?

xuchu

Its really impressive how committed Dan is to the audience - its like he goes though life asking himself what would make this more entertaining or be a good story?

His entire life is a work or a shoot or a shootwork. I don't know my behind the scenes wrestling terminology.

Hmm the Rift is finally at a price where I'm thinking about getting one. But I don't know how long a variety of shooter galleries would entertain me.
Honestly, the weirder stuff and the creative stuff is where it shines for me.

Soundboxing, that weird fan Ghibli made thing (when I busted my lip in VR by jumping down to look at a frog from Totoro without clearing my playspace properly), Google Earth, Medium, Quill, Blocks etc.

I keep wishing for Rez Infinite on PC.
Where is it :(

derFeef

Honestly, the weirder stuff and the creative stuff is where it shines for me.

Soundboxing, that weird fan Ghibli made thing (when I busted my lip in VR by jumping down to look at a frog from Totoro without clearing my playspace properly), Google Earth, Medium, Quill, Blocks etc.

I keep wishing for Rez Infinite on PC.
Where is it :(

Yeah same for me with the Vive. I like the occasional shooting gallery like Serious Sam, but I can't play long playsessions at all, at least no game has "sealed me in" for more than over an hour.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah same for me with the Vive. I like the occasional shooting gallery like Serious Sam, but I can't play long playsessions at all, at least no game has "sealed me in" for more than over an hour.

I think people have a natural discomfort to such confinement anyway.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Vinny's "Ghosts are Aliens" theory is the most insane believe anybody at GB has ever held, including Dan.

I wonder if you'd get slugged if you ask Ben "How's the weather up there?".

I bet nobody has ever asked him that.
You should do that on Twitter, it'll be hilarious

the Ballers bit was like if they went to Margaret three times as much on the Beastcast and if it wasn't funny the first time

Ben probably was the funniest on that video, but good lord

Haven't seen UPF yet but they way you guys are talking about it that Ballers bit it sounds like the reason I avoid other game's media and watch GB videos instead.

it was from Demo Derby

oti

Banned
Haven't seen UPF yet but they way you guys are talking about it that Ballers bit it sounds like the reason I avoid other game's media and watch GB videos instead.

I just spent the last 30 minutes save scumming to get the platinum trophy in original Pac-Man. I don't feel good about it.

I did that too, with only minor regrets. First off that trophy list was ridiculous, this along with Dig Dug and Galaga go from pushover easy to impossibly difficult; and if it didn't control so poorly I would probably be able to pull those off without scumming.

my memory is that he likes it in that meandering 'well it's good i think' kind of dan way, the middle ground where he's not super enthused about it but recognises that it is good and fun but will probably drop it after two weeks

Dan fucking loves Splatoon, they did a testfire for Splatoon 2 and he was as into it as Alex.

The only VR game I want to play is Resident Evil VII, and that's because it's a real video game.

It's amazing in VR! There are games like Dirt Rally, another full game, that are as great. There are also VR only games like Until Dawn: Rush of Blood that make VR worth it (to me) as a way to play games.

Upcoming games (for PSVR) like SuperHot VR and Fantastic Contraption are notable as well

Ladekabel

Watching the VRodeo and I like how Jeff mixes up left and right in that Giant Cop game when it comes to open the map, wonders why it won't open and then quits the game.

Hindl

VR is still the future of technology, right?

I mean, yes? VR could literally not sell a single new unit of consumer hardware or software, and still be fine. It still is and will be massively transformative in the enterprise and corporate space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom