• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

TraBuch

Banned
does Mr. Show hold up or am I better off watching the more popular bits on YouTube
Watch all of it. All the skits transition from one to another and you've got recurring characters and bits and each episode kind of tells its own story. One of the few sketch shows where watching skits individually kinda hurts it.

Teddified

I do wonder if Shadow of Wardor ends up being a Uncharted 4 situation where it's a well liked game by most and argued off for more passionate game picks.

Hindl

Wait, i love night in the woods, but why do you think it'll factor at all? It didn't really get much discussion?
I think Alex will get enough support on Nier from Ben (and maybe others as they play it) that NitW will be his personal passion game at 10
Isn't that DLC for Horizon coming out near the end of this year? If so, it'll be fresh in their heads.
Yeah but that's if they check it out. Jeff seemed pretty done with it on today's Bombcast. And that's also when Zelda's story DLC drops, and that's the meaty one. That'll return Dan and Vinny back to it, as well as maybe Abby, Brad, and Ben

TraBuch

Banned
I think the story in yakuza has captured the Beast crew far more than the story in horizon for anyone in GB.

It'll be Nier, Edith, Yakuza
I believe Jeff absolutely loves the story in Horizon. Like, more than I think I've ever seen him like a video game story.

Joeku

Edith has top 3 best moment/sequence locked down, but I don't know if that whole thing fits in best story. It's more of a mood and atmosphere thing, kinda?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The real question is if Dan will go to bat at all for yakuza.

I feel like it's a game he would have dropped if it wasn't for the feature

The real question is if Dan will go to bat at all for yakuza.

I feel like it's a game he would have dropped if it wasn't for the feature

I think it has a real chance of winning best story.

I mean, what's going to win, Persona 5? Zelda doesn't even have a story.

Alex, Vinny, and Dan like the story enough.

xuchu

I think it's more that it confused the beastcrew whose name isn't alex.

Hmmm that is quite true. Every episode Dan is confused as to what has happened previous episode. There are quite a lot of characters to sift through and you need flowcharts to see who's related/works with who but that's why I love it.

Nier will win best story easily.

Antiwhippy

Alex seems to love nier though, and he's like the major source of passion for both games.

Alex actually in general seems to be in a super positive headspace this year in general.

Eh, I feel Dan and Vinny won't play Nier. And Yakuza 0 has a more grounded story than Nier. If Brad and Jeff play through something, it'll be Yakuza. Brad KEEPS saying he wants to play Nier, but he hasn't done it and probably never will.

Antiwhippy

At this point i think wolfie 2 probably has more of a chance for a consensus pick than the games released so far.

If it comes together that is. All signs points to yes though.

xuchu

Eh, I feel Dan and Vinny won't play Nier. And Yakuza 0 has a more grounded story than Nier. If Brad and Jeff play through something, it'll be Yakuza. Brad KEEPS saying he wants to play Nier, but he hasn't done it and probably never will.

Yeah but Ben has completed Nier and Jeff is coming close to the end. Jeff really likes the story and thinks it's does interesting things with the medium. He wants to complete it which is saying a lot considering the gameplay bores him.

Yeah but Ben has completed Nier and Jeff is coming close to the end. Jeff really likes the story and thinks it's does interesting things with the medium. He wants to complete it which is saying a lot considering the gameplay bores him.

fine

nier gets best story

Yakuza gets best music then

I guess? It has a really cool world but I wasn't interested in the characters or the actual plot all that much.

Yeah, the best part about Horizon is the world itself, and the collectibles/clippings/recordings you can find within it.

Barrylad

Neo Member
Having just finished Yakuza 0; that's a dark horse story OTY contender, although I wouldn't put money on it winning. Super super strong final act. Not sure the West guys will get behind it though.

xuchu

Having just finished Yakuza 0; that's a dark horse story OTY contender, although I wouldn't put money on it winning. Super super strong final act. Not sure the West guys will get behind it though.

I don't think it will get Goty but certainly top 5. Having never played a yakuza game it's been such a wonderful surprise.

Ashby

If, hypothetically speaking, Nier Automata was one of the best games I ever played should I play the Drakengard games?

Antiwhippy

I haven't played yakuza 1 and am waiting for Kiwami but
they don't explain do they

I mean unless they add that stuff to kiwami.

But no.

If, hypothetically speaking, Nier Automata was one of the best games I ever played should I play the Drakengard games?

Ehhhhhhh.

I really liked them at their time and i still find them super fascinating.

But they're kinda bad games too?

Og nier is worth playing though. I played it after automata and still really liked it.

Ashby

I mean unless they add that stuff to kiwami.

But no.

Ehhhhhhh.

I really liked them at their time and i still find them super fascinating.

But they're kinda bad games too?

Og nier is with playing though. I played it after automata and still really liked it.
Do I need to play the Japanese version of Nier too?

Antiwhippy

Do I need to play the Japanese version of Nier too?

If you want to? I dunno. It kinda makes more sense for the characterisation of certain characters but watching this incredibly ugly brute of a man do his best for his sickly daughter is more endearing to me.

tesqui

At this point i think wolfie 2 probably has more of a chance for a consensus pick than the games released so far.

If it comes together that is. All signs points to yes though.

I don't know, Wolf TNO was really good, but for whatever reason the gameplay only ever clicked with Dan and Alex. Jeff and Brad didn't seem to find it that fun to play. If this new one has similar gameplay I can see them complaining that it's too simple and not like Doom 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom