• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeku

giphy.gif

Man I was on the ironic "lol Jeb owns" train what with the dossier and all but fuck this gif.

So Cuphead and Persona are shoe-ins for best style. What's the third? Splatoon 2, despite it being pretty much the same as the winner of 2014?

Joeku

That gif usage got me :(
I didn't mean to do this to you.

Your youthful existence is a persistent weight around the neck of my identity.

i have made more changes to my avi

is my coot millennial enough

Don't say coot. It sounds too much like cooter.

Edit: but if you want it to be peak millennial, figure out how to make Crash look like he's way into all sex and gender identities and is also really broke.

Man I was on the ironic "lol Jeb owns" train what with the dossier and all but fuck this gif.

So Cuphead and Persona are shoe-ins for best style. What's the third? Splatoon 2, despite it being pretty much the same as the winner of 2014?

Is there a shitty looking game with an okay pause screen this year?

Also, I find the Jeb! electoral map image so fucking funny and I have no idea why.

Joeku

Is there a shitty looking game with an okay pause screen this year?

Also, I find the Jeb! electoral map image so fucking funny and I have no idea why.

It's the picture of him going all dbz charging in front of it that makes it amazing, I think. Because he's such a boring person maybe?

Prey has a really good 60s sci-fi business aesthetic going on. I'd also nominate the Yellow Tulip for best moment/sequence. That shit was hype.

Jintor

Follow up to my Twitter account coming up in job interviews: so for this interview my interviewer asked if she could look at my Tumblr account

What is going on

I'd say Hollow Knight because MAN does that game absolutely nail (heh) what it's going for, but Dan inexplicably said it looked like a Flash game so I'd actually rather never hear any of them talk about it ever again.

prime day haul: video games to systems i dont own, shades. i did see the drone but i didnt buy. i would have bought price glitched guitar if i saw it.
Follow up to my Twitter account coming up in job interviews: so for this interview my interviewer asked if she could look at my Tumblr account

What is going on

its a trap

Oh ffs, Jeff shitting on other nerds is getting insufferable.

Hurr durr Monoply am I right?

Maybe he'd have a better leg to stand on if hasn't apent 30 minute talking about wrestling again.

It's the picture of him going all dbz charging in front of it that makes it amazing, I think. Because he's such a boring person maybe?

Prey has a really good 60s sci-fi business aesthetic going on. I'd also nominate the Yellow Tulip for best moment/sequence. That shit was hype.

I was excited for Prey's look, but it ended up reading as Space Art Deco most of the time, which is considerably less interesting in a post-Bioshock world. There are hints of that sci-fi business aesthetic here and there, but it ended up getting lost in translation from concept to product, I feel like. Plus the enemy design is so goddamn uninspired.

I haven't played a board game in a long, long, LONG ass while but my most played are definitely Monopoly, Clue & Mouse Trap.
Best story's gonna be Nier, Horizon, and ??????. Something that isn't NitW.
Yakuza 0.
Wait, i love night in the woods, but why do you think it'll factor at all? It didn't really get much discussion?

Alex will probably be the only one to shine a spotlight on it unless someone else plays it. I loved it as well.
I'm hopeful that Yakuza 0 somehow explains how he went from sensitive Majima to this "completely different character" that everyone describes him as.

Prepare to be somewhat disappointed.
I'll add you if you add me ��

SW-7556-8791-9978
Hello I have a Switch now
Here is my friend code: SW-5328-5472-9897
This is my Switch friend code:

SW-1592-9815-2991

Add me and we'll play some shit.

Added you, guys. Congrats Tia.

Joeku

I was excited for Prey's look, but it ended up reading as Space Art Deco most of the time, which is considerably less interesting in a post-Bioshock world. There are hints of that sci-fi business aesthetic here and there, but it ended up getting lost in translation from concept to product, I feel like. Plus the enemy design is so goddamn uninspired.

Yeah, the enemies were boring as shit. I'll give you that. My favourite moment with regards to an "enemy" is looking at an antagonist human sitting in a little enclosed space with a black hole grenade right next to his head. Killing a human felt so much more impactful than the legions of aliens.

Really? I thought it came from nowhere too. When is it hinted at?

His fighting styles are strong hints on their own. He doesn't fight seriously at all. The bat style and his 4th style are a direct connection.

Nearly every conversation with Nishitani is basically "you should be more like me"

Right after
learning Shimano's plan and the fact that he was treated like a clown he literally says "Fine i'll be your clown" and stops giving a fuck

and more times to come in the final chapter/ending.

People need to learn to read faster is all I'm saying.

Don't tell me your one of THOSE that skips the voice acting because it's taking too long.

Yeah, the enemies were boring as shit. I'll give you that. My favourite moment with regards to an "enemy" is looking at an antagonist human sitting in a little enclosed space with a black hole grenade right next to his head. Killing a human felt so much more impactful than the legions of aliens.

I feel like not committing 100% to an aesthetic is something Arkane has issues with. Like, Dishonored has all of this ridiculous eldritch "whalepunk" lore in it, and parts of it look so surprisingly boring in light of that. The Void in particular is startlingly fucking whatever compared to what it's supposed to be in-universe. No cyclopean ruins or mindbreaking geometry; it's just a bunch of floating junk.

Joeku

I feel like not committing 100% to an aesthetic is something Arkane has issues with. Like, Dishonored has all of this ridiculous eldritch "whalepunk" lore in it, and parts of it look so surprisingly boring in light of that. The Void in particular is startlingly fucking whatever compared to what it's supposed to be in-universe. No cyclopean ruins or mindbreaking geometry; it's just a bunch of floating junk.

Yeah, agreed. The oilpunk thing is sometimes super awesome and sometimes not there at all. Karnaca in 2 is largely devoid of it, and while it's some amazing sand-blown Grecian-ass stuff, it's not a cohesive as it could be.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
His fighting styles are strong hints on their own. He doesn't fight seriously at all. The bat style and his 4th style are a direct connection.

Nearly every conversation with Nishitani is basically "you should be more like me"

Right after
learning Shimano's plan and the fact that he was treated like a clown he literally says "Fine i'll be your clown" and stops giving a fuck

and more times to come in the final chapter/ending.

Yeah but his not giving a fuck in this game is nowhere near the same as him not giving a fuck in the other games.

Nishitani is a weird one. They don't give him enough screentime to really justify it imo. They met like what, 2 times?

Don't tell me your one of THOSE that skips the voice acting because it's taking too long.

No, I skip nearly all the redundant text messages though.

... also maybe some voice acting too.

I'm just going to buy FFXII and con my brother into buying Splatoon 2 even though my Switch is only going to be in the house another 2 months.

Megasoum

Banned
I've been waiting in front of a space station in Elite Dangerous for like 20 min for a landing pad to free up so that I can land...

Dat immersion....

Crash 2 is finished.

Fuck, those final rooms were tough. Not as tough as Crash 1 but still.

Save Warped for next week.

Really hated the bees and jetpack levels.

Wasn't it something like a few weeks ago that the fellas were mentioning that folks in their stream chat were telling them they were playing PUBG "wrong" with their cowardly approach for them to kind of go "whatever, I do what I want" only for this week to have them come to the conclusion that aggression is the better way to play? I found that amusing.

Wasn't it something like a few weeks ago that the fellas were mentioning that folks in their stream chat were telling them they were playing PUBG "wrong" with their cowardly approach for them to kind of go "whatever, I do what I want" only for this week to have them come to the conclusion that aggression is the better way to play? I found that amusing.

Whatever the way, the ending to the latest one was great.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.

they conceded that aggressive was the way to play to get better, but that the wiener method is still completely valid.

not that amusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom