• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked Dan to sign one of his book copies for me and draw his best Bullet Club logo.

DEe1714XkAAL1zU.jpg

No Man's Sky is still a thing?

Yes! It has gotten two amazing updates since release. This ARG started a while back and has gone to all types of places. From sending out cassettes with alien noises on them to meeting with people in person, demanding answers to questions. It's all leading up to a presumably huge update to the game in August, one year after the game's release. Some stuff suspected going off of ARG hints:

SPECULATION for the Titan update
Working portals (Found in Waking Titan)
Galaxy refresh and further procedural generations improvements (Sean and Innes McKindrick at GDC, talking massive proc gen improvements)
"Old Build Test" might mean that the original cut content could be making it's way into the game finally (Steam Database)
Fourth race (Assets in Path Finder, Lore hints in Waking Titan)
Combat improvements (Assets found in the Path Finder Update)
Galaxy Center (Hinted at in the Waking Titan survey with a certain question: "Do you feel you have a responsibility to travel to the singularity?")
A fleshed out villain (The malevolent force? Hinted at in Waking Titan)
Rogue Planets (Hinted at for the start of Waking Titan. "Far Flung Worlds" was mentioned on the back of the poster sent in the packages to the Reddit mods)
A story. Waking Titan and all of it's surrounding sites heavily hints at events prior to the current No Man's Sky setting, leading to the creation of the Atlas.
Multiplayer. Today, it was announced that "10,000 Atlas Pass lvl 4" will be delivered to 10,000 people randomly (who are signed up at WT). This is speculated to be beta keys to NMS Online's "Benchmark test" ("Benchmarks" is direct quote from Waking Titan)

should I re-install No Man's Sky? is it any good now?

like any good

Ehhhh. It all depends on what you want from it. They've made great updates towards the game in terms of how the planets look, visually, and have added things like base building, owning your own freighter, vehicles, new resources and npcs, creative mode, and a ton more. ATM, it's a really pretty, chill game, where you can build a base and colonize planets.

Here are the past two content updates:
https://www.nomanssky.com/pathfinder-update/

https://www.nomanssky.com/foundation-update/

Lunar FC

I put like 30 hours into nms when it first came out but kind of burned out on it by mining shit to upgrade my ship. Been waiting awhile to come back to it, don't know if I'm ready yet.

Tagyhag

They'll end up pointing out what's wrong with PUBG and it'll slowly drop down. That's what happened with DOOM. PUBG does lack a lot of content right now.

I feel like that only happened with DOOM because Jeff had an axe to grind against Brad.

If there is no other game he's championing I doubt pointing out the flaws will do much good, especially if it's Dan trying to champion Zelda. Has he ever won an argument in the GOTY talks?

All the good bits are up on youtube. I want to say I watched all of seasons 1 and 2 when they were up on some clandestine playlist that may or may not still exist on YouTube.

Yeah all the episodes are up on YT. Mr. Show is one of the very few sketch shows that I feel benefits from watching full episodes. They way the sketches transition from one to the next is genius. Like any sketch shows it is or miss, but Mr. Show has a better batting average than most.

tesqui

After listening to bombcast it seems all but confirmed that Zelda is not making it high up the GOTY list. It might not make it on there at all.

Mario Odyssey confirmed GOTY

The beastcast is so good, just got into it. Dan just gets ripped all the time. Just finished the most recent episode with the dumpster diving.

oti

Banned
Launched Pocket Casts to see if new episode is up only to realize I listened the last episode for whopping two minutes.

Now I deleted that episode.

After listening to bombcast it seems all but confirmed that Zelda is not making it high up the GOTY list. It might not make it on there at all.

Breh. If Zelda isn't in the Top 10, strike that, IF ZELDA ISN'T IN THE TOP 3, GB can kiss their business goodbye. I don't know how much you know about correct opinions, I'm an expert.

Mr. F

Banned

I can see a Brad/Dan alliance for pushing BoTW, also Jeff will probably give props for how far they pushed the formula despite his distaste for the stamina/cooking.

Side bet is despite Vinny's protests Mass effect doesn't even make the top 3 for most disappointing, that's how forgettable it was

xuchu

If PUBG comes out of early access this year, it's all but guaranteed GOTY. It's captured everyone's interest and they are playing it regularly on the site similar to Hitman last year. Jeff has even gotten to the point of reading and anticipating patch notes.

The podcast has also confirmed Nier and Persona aren't making it high up too. Nier's gameplay bores Jeff and Brad doesn't even wanna play Persona based on Ben's indifference to it.

Nier will probably make top 5 due to Alex but here's my hot take
Persona 5 won't even be in their top 10 :p

Hindl

I'm pretty convinced PUBG is getting GOTY, but there's no way Zelda isn't on the list. I'd be surprised if it's not in the top 5
If PUBG comes out of early access this year, it's all but guaranteed GOTY. It's captured everyone's interest and they are playing it regularly on the site similar to Hitman last year. Jeff has even gotten to the point of reading and anticipating patch notes.

The podcast has also confirmed Nier and Persona aren't making it high up too. Nier's gameplay bores Jeff and Brad doesn't even wanna play Persona based on Ben's indifference to it.

Nier will probably make top 5 due to Alex but here's my hot take
Persona 5 won't even be in their top 10 :p
Not that hot, I can think of 7 games that have already released that would go above Persona 5, and that's not even counting later this year. There will definitely be 3 other games
In no particular order 1. PUBG (if it comes out) 2. Zelda 3. Horizon 4. Nier 5. Night in the Woods 6. Dead Cells (if it comes out) 7. Yakuza 0

Joeku

I feel like that only happened with DOOM because Jeff had an axe to grind against Brad.

If there is no other game he's championing I doubt pointing out the flaws will do much good, especially if it's Dan trying to champion Zelda. Has he ever won an argument in the GOTY talks?

Dan was leading the charge about getting Uncharted out of the top 10 because it felt like it belonged there and instead getting in games they'd love and would fight for.

tesqui

I'm pretty convinced PUBG is getting GOTY, but there's no way Zelda isn't on the list. I'd be surprised if it's not in the top 5

Yeah, PUBG will definitley make it high up.

Also Zelda IDK, Jeff is probably going to try his best to keep it out of the top 5. I can imagine him fighting for Horizon replacing it as number 5.

Mr. F

Banned
It probably didn't help brads likelihood of checking out persona when his bomcast check ins with ben were essentially "tell me the things you like least about the game this week"

Hindl

IDK, Jeff is probably going to try his best to keep it out of the top 5. I can imagine him fighting for Horizon replacing it as number 5.
He barely cares about Horizon. Again, Horizon is this year's Axiom Verge. Jeff loves it when it comes out early in the year, gives it a 5/5 and talk about how it's reinvigorating a stale type of game, and come GOTY time he barely cares enough to talk about it, even when asked directly to defend it. It could happen, but PUBG is right now the only consensus game above it. None of the other games out so far will get enough support over Zelda from anyone besides Jeff (Alex will probably argue Nier and Night in the Woods above it but he doesn't have the clout). Does the rest of the year have 4 other games that could go in the rest of the top 5? Maybe. Mario, Mario + Rabbids, and Wolfenstein are all promising. Destiny 2 is the real wild card

Giant Bombcast 489: Cash 4 Wrestling
2950955-hungry-hungry-hippos-2.jpg

The dog days of summer are upon us, and with them quick impressions of the new Fire Pro, more gushing over Battlegrounds, some light Splatoon 2 chat, the whereabouts of Bobby Kotick, reflections on old tweets, and a totally authoritative discussion about board games.
Filed Under: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Mass Effect: Andromeda, The Tomorrow Children, Dreams, NieR: Automata, Tekken 7: Fated Retribution, Gonner, Playerunknown's Battlegrounds, Fire Pro Wrestling World, Robert Kotick, Intellivision

Hasney

I'd probably put Persona 5 4 right now, assuming Fire Pro comes out of early access... But there's a shitload I still want.

Joeku

He barely cares about Horizon, again, Horizon is this year's Axiom Verge. Jeff loves it when it comes out early in the year, gives it a 5/5 and talk about how it's reinvigorating a stale type of game, and come GOTY time he barely cares enough to talk about it, even when asked directly to defend it. It could happen, but PUBG is right now the only consensus game above it. Does the rest of the year have 4 other games that could go in the rest of the top 5? Maybe. Mario, Mario + Rabbids, and Wolfenstein are all promising. Destiny 2 is the real wild card

Isn't that DLC for Horizon coming out near the end of this year? If so, it'll be fresh in their heads.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

Not that hot, I can think of 7 games that have already released that would go above Persona 5, and that's not even counting later this year. There will definitely be 3 other games
In no particular order 1. PUBG (if it comes out) 2. Zelda 3. Horizon 4. Nier 5. Night in the Woods 6. Dead Cells (if it comes out) 7. Yakuza 0

Wait, i love night in the woods, but why do you think it'll factor at all? It didn't really get much discussion?

Mr. F

Banned
Unless NITW gets a mega filibuster by Alex there's no chance it places anywhere on the top 10. Best story contender at best, if that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom