• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb |OTXXX| Fondle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if I told you Sunshine is good?

I'd agree. Sunshine is my favorite Mario game!

2536312-2379004-jeff_headshake.gif

robotrock

Banned
2010 and 2013 didn't have Dan "Mario is one of my top 3 franchises of all time" Ryckert and most of the crew is really excited for Odyssey, even Jeff who completely skipped 3DWorld. Odyssey is the game that's going to get Vinny to buy a Switch. It's different, while 3DW was good but pretty safe. They'll all at least play it and we'll see
Very true. Assuming Odyssey is as good as it should be, I'm counting on you Dan.

oti

Banned
Maybe Abby will play a role as well this year. No idea how pressing she will be or if she'll question Jeff's or Brad's bad opinions at all. I hope she will though.

Hindl

You guys hate Sunshine because it's not 64 or what? It's not the best Mario game, but Sunshine isn't terrible either.

Tell me how good it feels to shoot stuff all over again.
FLUDD was a gimmicky mechanic and there were some camera issues, and then collecting a lot of the required coins was a pain in the ass. It was ok but kinda disappointing. But then you combine that with the fact that it's following up on not only the best 3D platformer up to that point, but a game that pioneered 3D movement on consoles, and it adds up. Add in that Galaxy 1 & 2 were incredible and 3DW, while again safe, was excellent, Sunshine is the black sheep

I got Mario Sunshine when I was sick with a fever and ever since I assocated it with feeling better. The island setting saved that game in my eyes. Same thing with FFX.

Still don't really like Chrono Cross despite my love for island settings, but I do give it another try every few years.

"Player Unknowns Battlegrounds sure is a good game"
Man they're really talking about this game too much, maybe I'll skip ahead
"The thing about wrestling is"
Ugh, more wrestling talk, well at least it's over now and we can move on to better -
"Here's the problem with modern board games from someone who doesn't play board games"

Ok, this Bombcast is trash so far.

You're describing every Bombcast.

Imagine a world where it had timestamps.

can you guys cut it with the personal attacks

That would suck but we'll live. Basically can't trust reviews though, Sunshine had critical acclaim. I'm a little wary of Odyssey honestly. I love the concept and it seems like there's a ton of variety, but I need to see less open exploration and more actual challenging platforming at some point

2010 and 2013 didn't have Dan "Mario is one of my top 3 franchises of all time" Ryckert and most of the crew is really excited for Odyssey, even Jeff who completely skipped 3DWorld. Odyssey is the game that's going to get Vinny to buy a Switch. It's different, while 3DW was good but pretty safe. They'll all at least play it and we'll see

I'm just worried that the actual, good ass platforming is going to be kept to a minimum, and that's what I go to 3D Marios for these days

Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game of all time.

you're getting ahead of things

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
he hasn't gotten a chicken dinner yet.

botw is just another zelda game, but in an open world. bosses sucked, and the world kinda felt empty and lame at times unless you went to the same tree area for the fourth time to fight another round of the same enemies.

That's not true.
Like, at all.

LiK

Number 1 GOTY is always determined by Jeff or Brad. Sometimes one might concede over the other but they're the kingmakers.

Hindl

You guys do know that at E3 Nintendo said they got the inspiration of odyssey mainly from Sunshine?
What? I thought they were just saying Odyssey was just continuing the 64/Sunshine style of an open sandbox instead of the linear platforming of SMG 1/2 and 3DLand/World
can you guys cut it with the personal attacks

I'm just worried that the actual, good ass platforming is going to be kept to a minimum, and that's what I go to 3D Marios for these days

you're getting ahead of things
Yeah that's my big concern too. The overall game looks fun and I'm sure I'm overreacting, but New Donk City looks like a lot of exploration instead of actual platforming, and the whole Wooded Kingdom just looks like a big area with shit to interact with. Hopefully they're just holding back a lot of the pure platforming stuff though
Super Mario 3D World is one of the best couch co-op games I've ever played. Certainly the best that this generation has to offer so far.
Yeah, I loved 3DW. But to be fair it's not like there was a ton of challengers. There's Sunset Overdrive and Grow Home, and what else?

What? I thought they were just saying Odyssey was just continuing the 64/Sunshine style of an open sandbox instead of the linear platforming of SMG 1/2 and 3DLand/World

?

No

Reggie said Odyssey continues the fun in having a named gimmick[sic]

Thats is cappy

oti

Banned
The PS2 was the superior console for its catalog. Gamecube was a great system but there was only a small handful of excellent games on the system that weren't eventually ported to the PS2.

That game with the lady without underwear?

The only game I feel like I have missed is Paper Mario. Anything else was fine. Played Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS and loved it, Smash on Wii, Zelda TP on Wii as well and so on.

Hindl

The only game I feel like I have missed is Paper Mario. Anything else was fine. Played Luigi's Mansion 2 on 3DS and loved it, Smash on Wii, Zelda TP on Wii as well and so on.
You missed Custom Robo and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg!

What is the best way to play Mario Galaxy 2 if I never did? I own a copy of it on Wii but really don't want to hook that back up... Wi U? Do you need motion controls? I don't remember a lot from the first Galaxy but I loved it. Never even played 2 since some friends got me back into WoW at the time

daveo42

Banned
YEAH!

(Maybe?)

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=678073

Animal Crossing and Melee are some of the bigger games that I was glad to have a Gamecube for at the time. Ikaruga was another one, but that eventually got ported to I think the 360. Shit, I realize I've never played Eternal Darkness.

oti

Banned
What is the best way to play Mario Galaxy 2 if I never did? I own a copy of it on Wii but really don't want to hook that back up... Wi U? Do you need motion controls? I don't remember a lot from the first Galaxy but I loved it. Never even played 2 since some friends got me back into WoW at the time

Yes, you need a WiiMote and Nunchuck. You could also try the emulation route with Dolphin if your PC is good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom