• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Renpatsu

Yeah, but Patrick was better than me within 3 days of playing Spelunky. Drew was still struggling with the fundamentals of MGS1 at the end of the game. To his defense, he needed to play MGS more than once or twice a week. Still, frustrating as all hell most of the time.
Having recently finished MGS2 I look forward to Drew having fun playing around with the versatility of the expanded controls in the sequel. Or you know, buckling under all the options at his disposal.

Myggen

Holy crap, new fanart!

2689775-mgscanlons2.jpg

A few years ago, I learned the medical definition of alcoholism. Turns out 99% of my friends could be termed alcoholics. I convinced my friend to throw an alcoholism party to celebrate our illness.

Haunted

Seriously talented artist.

Yeah, but Patrick was better than me within 3 days of playing Spelunky. Drew was still struggling with the fundamentals of MGS1 at the end of the game. To his defense, he needed to play MGS more than once or twice a week. Still, frustrating as all hell most of the time.
Patrick and Alex are the most competent/skilled gamers on the crew by a fairly large margin.

Well, Jeff is pretty fabulous.

I spent way too much time trying to fit different Jeff/Bayo picture combos together, in the end the most boring one came out best.

I don't remember what I googled when I found this:
2539911-23kw2g2.jpg

was hoping the MGS fanart of Dan and Drew would basically be the Twin Snakes cover but with Dan as Snake and Drew as Liquid.

Or since they're moving on to the second one, Make Drew Raiden and Dan Snake. Someone make this a thing pls.

I have never felt dumber than that one time I tried to learn to play a BlazBlue game.

Blazblue is probably the most complicated of the 3 main ArcSys games that most people know of now. BB is ridiculous with how many systems are there. P4U is the most accessible, BB is the hardest, Guilty Gear always felt in the middle.

Content wise though both BB and P4U are so unbelievably jam packed with stuff that you can actually get away with never touching online or playing with others locally. They're both very welcoming to people who just want to play alone and enjoy the game casually.

The Persona 3/4 story is so strange. To get the full thing, you have to own 3 different consoles and play two 100+ hour JRPGs, two hardcore fighting games, a dungeon crawler, and a rhythm game. I have respect for anyone that's actually keeping up with it.

daydream

Banned
Geometry Wars 3 is releasing in November. I think it looks cool, personally and I'm a big fan of GW. Given the duders' PAX impressions, though, I could see it making their "Most Disappointing Game" list. :p

Patryn

The Persona 3/4 story is so strange. To get the full thing, you have to own 3 different consoles and play two 100+ hour JRPGs, two hardcore fighting games, a dungeon crawler, and a rhythm game. I have respect for anyone that's actually keeping up with it.

Two consoles.

The PS3 can play everything except Persona 4: Golden.

Persona 3 FES is available on PSN and is playable on all PS3s.

Geometry Wars 3 is releasing in November. I think it looks cool, personally and I'm a big fan of GW. Given the duders' PAX impressions, though, I could see it making their "Most Disappointing Game" list. :p

I couldn't believe what they were saying at the panel, so I tried it out myself the next day. Playing that game on a 3-d surface really sucks because you can't see the enemies over the "horizon." It's a super disappointing game.

But hey, maybe it was just a bad demo. I dunno.

daydream

Banned
I couldn't believe what they were saying at the panel, so I tried it out myself the next day. Playing that game on a 3-d surface really sucks because you can't see the enemies over the "horizon." It's a super disappointing game.

But hey, maybe it was just a bad demo. I dunno.

Oh, well I haven't played it, yet, but I'm totally fine with games like Nano Assault Neo so.. I don't have a problem with the change to 3D, conceptually. If it doesn't play well, that's another story, of course, and it'd be super disappointing.

sixghost

Blazblue is probably the most complicated of the 3 main ArcSys games that most people know of now. BB is ridiculous with how many systems are there. P4U is the most accessible, BB is the hardest, Guilty Gear always felt in the middle.

Content wise though both BB and P4U are so unbelievably jam packed with stuff that you can actually get away with never touching online or playing with others locally. They're both very welcoming to people who just want to play alone and enjoy the game casually.

Even without all the systems those games are still super fast. I'm not a huge fighting game guy and I found it really, really, hard to land any sort of combo besides the auto-combo. Games like SF4 are way more accessible purely because the movement speed is slower.

Oh, well I haven't played it, yet, but I'm totally fine with games like Nano Assault Neo so.. I don't have a problem with the change to 3D, conceptually. If it doesn't play well, that's another story, of course, and it'd be super disappointing.

Looking forward to the PS4 release. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Ugh, that shit was just a huge bummer.

I don't have Twitter so I don't know the specifics but it seems like he is getting a lot of shit for some recent reviews. I'm assuming that people are disgusting enough to bring up his sexuality as retaliation for giving a game a fair review. And as a gay person I am just happy that he exists in the video game industry at all.

Anyway, one of my favorite Jeff moments recently is when they got a mailbag with some chocolate cookies and he was like "two times the chocolate!? WHAAAAAAT!" I think about it all the time.

Two consoles.

The PS3 can play everything except Persona 4: Golden.

Persona 3 FES is available on PSN and is playable on all PS3s.

They really need to get around to making a Persona 3 Golden. Having 2 versions of the game (well, 3 if you count the OG Persona 3) where neither version is the clear-cut best way to play the game is kinda annoying. I have P3FES and P3P, and it's weird to tell someone to play P3P but with a special guide that shows you all the cutscene stuff that is edited down so that P3 could fit on a UMD.

There's doing a series of P3 movies now, so hopefully they're already in the middle of planning a Golden version of P3 to sell alongside it ::crosses fingers::

it's kind of a shame that he seems to have dismissed P3 so easily, even though I admit it's not as good of a game in either mechanics or story (and the story is decidedly more anime than even P4).

But still, there's a lot of that old familiar character interaction/social link stuff that is handled really well.

Yea its unfortunate since i would love to hear his thoughts on those characters.

Side effect of playing the improved "sequel" first i guess.

I always put Persona 4 as the reason what Giantbomb would become; guys you learn to love and enjoy playing games. Jeff got to play a game to completion and not have to write a review and enjoy the story which was rare for him before leaving GameSpot.

I think the fact of them not being in a rush to review it really helped in getting them absorbed but also it was just seeing the turn as it went along (from don't really care to making fun of it to i'm interested to this is pretty good/fuck yea)

So, afaik Jeff's japanese vita *should* be able to play NA games now, with the last firmware update. He can sideload compatible games by downloading them on his vita and then put the same card into the Vita TV or he can just use compatible carts, if that's what he has.

Still, i imagine they'll wait for sony to activate the NA Store for the Playstation/Vita TV before doing anything with it. It'll be interesting to see some legit vita vids coming out from those guys, and hopefully they'll go back and look at some games that they didn't do coverage for before, like Killzone Mercenary

Balb

I don't really blame him. MGS is a tough game and most people don't remember that. It's a relatively modern game but has old-school difficulty.

Metal-Geo

Have they ever done more D&D or tabletop stuff? After the Avalon video I kind of ended up watching the Pathfinder features -- which were highly enjoyable!

I became a subscriber a good while ago and have been compiling (and watching!) lists in my Giant Bomb Video Buddy ever since.

I really wish Persona spin-offs were attached to something better than a fucking Arc fighting game.

don't worry i'm sure that Atlus has tons of fresh new ideas about how to make more money from Persona 4 with a variety of spinoffs and animes based off of those spinoffs

Curufinwe

I'm just gonna wiki/youtube the Arena Ultimax story. I sold my arcade stick and don't have the will to get into a hardcore fighting game again.

Balb

I was just thinking how entertaining it'd be to watch Dan play through Persona 3, 4 or maybe even 5. It won't happen because I don't think they'll ever do another ER for a Persona game but man that'd be awesome.

Tucah

you speak so well
Have they ever done more D&D or tabletop stuff? After the Avalon video I kind of ended up watching the Pathfinder features -- which were highly enjoyable!

I became a subscriber a good while ago and have been compiling (and watching!) lists in my Giant Bomb Video Buddy ever since.

Cards Against Humanity kind of counts, I guess, but other than that nothing besides Pathfinder/Avalon.

Top Bottom