• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Going through more of the old videos for nostalgia/boredom's sake. And you want to talk about something weird? Way weirder than X-com being their GOTY?

Asura's Wrath being on several top 10 lists. Still SO weird
It's the culmination of the anime game that they all want to like!

Myggen

Going through more of the old videos for nostalgia/boredom's sake. And you want to talk about something weird? Way weirder than X-com being their GOTY?

Asura's Wrath being on several top 10 lists. Still SO weird

That QL is so good because of how that game wins them over.

If Dan wants some crazy ass anime in his life, that's a good place to start. That game just gets more and more insane. Danime: Asura's Wrath, a new Premium feature!

tchocky

That QL is so good because of how that game wins them over.

If Dan wants some crazy ass anime in his life, that's a good place to start. That game just gets more and more insane. Danime: Asura's Wrath, a new Premium feature!

I was just about to say Dan should play it for a premium feature it would work well considering how short it is. He could probably finish it before Drew returns.

Lijik

I cant imagine Dan not loving the fuck out of Asuras Wrath, he should give it a shot even if its not for a feature.

I know you read this thread, Dan! Asuras Wrath! Catch the wave!

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I cant imagine Dan not loving the fuck out of Asuras Wrath, he should give it a shot even if its not for a feature.

I know you read this thread, Dan! Asuras Wrath! Catch the wave!

Dan & his Dad: Giant Bomb Edition.

Make it happen.

ST2K

Dan said he played Asura's Wrath on a Bombcast a while back and really enjoyed it. I think it was the episode where the invitation for anime took place.

Myggen

I could swear he said that he didn't play it. But I might be wrong.

Ah well, Danime: Asura's Wrath DLC!

He said he played the beginning and liked it but he didn't keep playing it. The other guys were making fun of him for having "Just" seen a sword that cuts through the entire planet and w/e.

Oh yeah, that's right. It's back on!

Nephrahim

He said he played the beginning and liked it but he didn't keep playing it. The other guys were making fun of him for having "Just" seen a sword that cuts through the entire planet and w/e.

This might be a weird place to post this but I follow Zodiac Motherfucker and one of the guys he quotes all the time about movies and shit @LexG_III had one of the worst twitter meltdowns I have ever seen and no one seems to have noticed it.

Myggen

This might be a weird place to post this but I follow Zodiac Motherfucker and one of the guys he quotes all the time about movies and shit @LexG_III had one of the worst twitter meltdowns I have ever seen and no one seems to have noticed it.

Wow, that's a pretty insane meltdown alright.

Dan said he played Asura's Wrath on a Bombcast a while back and really enjoyed it. I think it was the episode where the invitation for anime took place.

I think you're making up the part about him "really enjoying it". In fact, I believe he said he stopped playing it because he was not "really enjoying it" and then Brad got upset and told him he should keep playing it despite the terrible combat and QTE's.

Ostinatto

Did Patrick played Demon's Souls? is he going to play it before Bloodborne?
it was Brad playing Demon's souls months ago?

Vinny played Dark Souls
Patrick played Darl souls
Brad played Demon's souls

is this correct?

Teddified

Vinny played Dark Souls

is this correct?

He hasn't played Demon Souls yet, on Spookin' he said he planned on playing it in December or January and I think streaming it.

ST2K

I think you're making up the part about him "really enjoying it". In fact, I believe he said he stopped playing it because he was not "really enjoying it" and then Brad got upset and told him he should keep playing it despite the terrible combat and QTE's.

~1:45:25 of the 9/2 Bombcast, he says "This [Asura's Wrath] is crazy and awesome!" He then says he didn't like the gameplay, and then Jeff and Brad tell him he should've continued.

Perhaps "really enjoying it" is a stretch, but he did think it was cool.

popo

Vinny played Dark Souls

is this correct?

Vinny beat all three.
Patrick beat DS1 and DS2. Is going to play Demon but maybe not before BB.
Brad beat Demon and played some of DS1 and DS2.
Rorie beat all three I think, not 100% sure on DS2.
Dan has said he liked DS but I don't know how much of what he played.
Jeff ... lol.

Curufinwe

~1:45:25 of the 9/2 Bombcast, he says "This [Asura's Wrath] is crazy and awesome!" He then says he didn't like the gameplay, and then Jeff and Brad tell him he should've continued.

Perhaps "really enjoying it" is a stretch, but he did think it was cool.

Asura's Wrath is really limited in the gameplay department. I'm glad I stuck with it, but it was a bit of a chore by the end.

7iberius

Vinny beat all three.
Patrick beat DS1 and DS2. Is going to play Demon but maybe not before BB.
Brad beat Demon and played some of DS1 and DS2.
Rorie beat all three I think, not 100% sure on DS2.
Dan has said he liked DS but I don't know how much of what he played.
Jeff ... lol.

Rorie actually never finished any of the Souls games, he just played a bunch of each of them and talked about how he liked them a lot. He did stream part of his unfinished Dark Souls 1 playthrough on his Twitch channel a couple years ago.

Dan said he played some of Dark Souls II and liked it, but didn't finish it. He said he'd been meaning to get back to it at some point. I'm not sure if he played any of the previous Souls games.

Jeff tried to play Demon's Souls and Dark Souls (never on stream though), and he couldn't get into them at all. Over time he seems to have begrudgingly backed off from proclaiming them hot garbage.

It's happening...

njM80Ec.jpg

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
It's happening...

njM80Ec.jpg

Guys I'm starting to worry about Vinny. He's been stressed about the house, has another baby, he's been hanging around with Alex, I get it. I know why it's happened, but he's clearly into the "jazz cigarettes" as the kids call it. Look at that smile, that's not a sober man.

Also, the way his eyes fold in over on themselves like that? Classic symptom of the reefer.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Patrick was in the process of using all 17 bombs to do what 6 can do, even if he didn't fall it was looking real rough the way he was trying to clear a path.

Brashnir

Patrick was in the process of using all 17 bombs to do what 6 can do, even if he didn't fall it was looking real rough the way he was trying to clear a path.

It had been so long since he played, I think he simply forgot that you have to ride Olmec down because there's no platform under the door. I think he was expecting to just drop down and go in.

ameridion

Neo Member
It had been so long since he played, I think he simply forgot that you have to ride Olmec down because there's no platform under the door. I think he was expecting to just drop down and go in.

I think he was trying to get a bomb sticking in there to remove that last part but he pressed the wrong button, he did that too in one of his previous runs.

Kerned

Banned
I recently got back into Spelunky after a several month hiatus, and I was not surprised to see Patrick struggling as much as he did. You really do forget a lot of the nuances. It took me several days of dailies before I got back into the swing of things. My first attempt was an embarrassment.

elfinke

Catching up on content and watched the Alien QL last night. Dan commentating at Brad whilst Brad is quaking under a gurney for minutes on end that waiting for the Alien to leave and 'make a sandwich or something' totally cracked me up.

Top Bottom