• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

The Lobby was OP ths week...

qHVrzSI.png

LiK

I wonder if Brad is still gonna stream his Raid session today. I completed Heroic Raid last night. Really curious to see how many times they die, heh heh

Absolutely loved Jason on the Persona Whatever Ultimate Megamax quicklook.
Some real good back and forths between him and Jeff.

Heres hoping he gets some Bombcast time - or even some UPF time too!

It worked for Drew!

I wonder if Brad is still gonna stream his Raid session today. I completed Heroic Raid last night. Really curious to see how many times they die, heh heh

Played it for the first time last night, I'm lvl 26. We didn't beat it, ultimately gave up at the final boss. But, I pulled a Hard Light (exotic AR) out of a chest so I'm pretty happy.

I completely, completely agree with Jeff that it's some total bullshit that they held back all the really fun stuff behind a wall that frankly a lot of people will never see. Would it really have killed them to have even a fraction of that diversity in the main missions? You know, instead of "go to X and press square?"

When you see what's in the raid, it's hard not to feel a little bummed that that's not the game we got. I'm not saying that jumping puzzles or stealth sections are the answer to Destiny's problems, but a little variety would have gone a long way.

Xater

Played it for the first time last night, I'm lvl 26. We didn't beat it, ultimately gave up at the final boss. But, I pulled a Hard Light (exotic AR) out of a chest so I'm pretty happy.

I completely, completely agree with Jeff that it's some total bullshit that they held back all the really fun stuff behind a wall that frankly a lot of people will never see. Would it really have killed them to have even a fraction of that diversity in the main missions? You know, instead of "go to X and press square?"

When you see what's in the raid, it's hard not to feel a little bummed that that's not the game we got. I'm not saying that jumping puzzles or stealth sections are the answer to Destiny's problems, but a little variety would have gone a long way.

Every strike should have been more than go to boss and kill it. Come up with more mechanics like in the raid.

Vib Ribbon doesn't really feel so unique nowadays in a world with a million different runner games, many rhythm based.

no, but it's still super friggin cool that they've made it available after all this time. I mean, you can buy Money Puzzle Exchanger and Yakiniku Bugyou on PSN in the US and that's insane and awesome. who cares if some of these games are any good, it's great to have the option to check out some weird and rare stuff.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Hopefully EVO can address those penalty elements - they seem to really attract criticism but should be something relatively easy to improve?

I don't necessarily think you need full tuning and livery options like forza, but nkt even allowing a colour choice is nuts.

It would require a gameplay retuning...I don't see it happening. But it would be theoretically easy to fix, it would just change the way the game can be played.

Could not disagree more. I think the handling is really fun and I love the penalties. It encourages clean driving while having an easier handling model. Have you played PGR2 or 3 online? Those games turned into destruction derbies that's why most races online were played without collision. What's the point of that? Might as well just do time trials at that point. You might as why then have it in offline races as well and the answer is easy, to teach you how to properly drive. Just because it's arcadey doesn't mean it has to turn into Burnout with people t-boning each other.

Never played PGR. And I do get the idea behind penalties in an arcade like game, but I just don't like this pseudo-real grippy handling. It makes a lot of the cars feel a bit of the same. But, I'm only at the level above hatchbacks so we'll see.

I think I can offer a theory on why there are no assists and tuning options. The game's progress is built pretty heavily on comparing everything you do on the road to other players and other clubs which becomes much harder to do if everyone is fiddling with all sorts of different knobs and variables. They probably settled on simply levelling the play field so everyone's cars handle the same and no one is placed at a disadvantage just because they don't know how to set up their car properly.

That is a pretty good theory in why assists/tuning would be out. Makes sense. But at the same time, if you're going that route, I feel like you should just go all the way and make an awesome arcade game rather than this strange hybrid.

I actually have a good idea why they didn't make this game the next Motorstorm/Ridge Racer like game: that kind of game would be a hard sell at $60, and an even harder $30 season pass seller. I get that this game was a better choice, commercially. But I just don't like it all that much.

Megasoum

Banned
thx

they know the video length so I bet they are just guessing the video title and getting it early - like some scamps on here have done in the past.

I think they only put random characters in the file name for premium and embargoed stuff.

Yeah but how does qlcrew know who is in the future video?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah but how does qlcrew know who is in the future video?

Because the people usually introduce themselves about five seconds in :p. Whoever is running qlcrew can watch the video, but they're adhering to gb's timetable.

Top Bottom