• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Jintor

Hey Dan,

As someone about to embark on nanowrimo for the third time (the write 50,000 words in a month challenge), I'd like to ask how you approached writing something so long form... Even if the subject matter is so patently insane.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I played it for a few hours before I realized that I just really liked how the game looked, and not at all how it played.

I'm on the fence. I love, love, love Alien, and I love the old 70s sci-fi junky, cords and wires aesthetic that it's going for insanely so. But I don't know if I'd be able to stick with ti for long as I don't care that much for stealth even though I really, really appreciate that's the playstyle they went for since it's the most fitting the original movie.

At this point, I'd happily buy the game if I could just explore the ship out of gameplay, pre-Alien and post. Just to soak in the atmosphere. It'd be an easy Halloween buy, but there's so much coming out in November that it makes it a difficult one.

Watching it actually tipped me over buying it for the vita, weirdly enough.

I wish I had bought the Vita version of f instead of the PS3 version; I don't want to use my PS3 any more. I didn't buy it for the upskirts, though. It's an awesome rhythm game. I even imported the first PSP game when it came out. That particular version is super strict with the passing scores. I think I like the songs better, though. It has the best Hatsune Miku song, which criticizes the concept of software emulating human song and ends with Hatsune Miku being deleted.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Well, it's not like you can see upskirts anyway. :p

But yeah, got it mostly because it affirmed that it's a rhythm game that I'd enjoy even though jeff didn't like it.

Looking at the Russian GP Practice 1 this morning, I just just now realized I legitimately miss not having listened to Danny's rundown of the race during the week :/

youtube thumbnail caught my eye

wouldn't have guessed dan used to be scott stapp

Hey, wait a minute...
cXwA60O.jpg

justjim89

Man, it's unfortunate none of the guys are likely to play Wasteland 2 aside from Rorie. I'm probably 10 hours into the game and just felt the repercussions of the first big choice the game offers and holy shit, the effectiveness to which the game guilts you for your choice is incredible. Can't remember the last time the consequences for a choice in a game hit me this hard. Really great game so far, and that's coming from someone not crazy about Fallout 1 and 2.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I feel like the next ExtraLife should be nothing but Genesis games for 24 hours. Jeff's always talking up the Genesis, but you never get to see him truly show it off. It's usually just like to play some bad Sega CD game like Make My Video
and Sewer Shark

Also that CD-I stream was pretty bad just because the system itself is so boring. Like even the 3do stream was an incompetent attempt at a video game, but at least it was a video game.

Rainmaker

Banned
The CD-I stream was pretty enjoyable for me. It's not every day that I get to see them bask in the glory of Thunder In Paradise.

...Plus, Inca.

I feel like the next ExtraLife should be nothing but Genesis games for 24 hours. Jeff's always talking up the Genesis, but you never get to see him truly show it off. It's usually just like to play some bad Sega CD game like Make My Video
and Sewer Shark

Also that CD-I stream was pretty bad just because the system itself is so boring. Like even the 3do stream was an incompetent attempt at a video game, but at least it was a video game.

I really enjoy when GB covers old games in general, so I would love it if everyone brought in all their old 8/16-bit shit, not just the Genesis. I love the Genesis, but we had plenty of it last year (the entirety of Streets of Rage 2, etc).

demidar

I wish I could read Japanese so I can find out what they think about western things. Kind of like a Kids React video except with Japanese people and western culture subject matters.

Let's face it, Giant Bomb is pretty much anime.
He probably won't end up doing it but I would really like to see Jeff do the Vault of Glass Destiny raid with Brad and his fire team.
After that when people ask when they're going to do The Raid he can say they did it already.

Rainmaker

Banned
He probably won't end up doing it but I would really like to see Jeff do the Vault of Glass Destiny raid with Brad and his fire team. I'm already interested as someone who knows the game is lacking but still plays the hell out of it and enjoys it a good deal despite it's end-game grind and the frustrations it brings.

I have stayed away from watching any videos of the raid because I was trying to keep it a surprise but at this point it doesn't look like I'll ever have a group of people to play through that with unless they add matchmaking. Watching Brad do it will be the first time I experience any bit of it.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Yeah the cdi stream was a lot of fun. I threw it on several times on my laptop while playing games.

The only streams that stick out as boring to me are when they dig out an old console that has hundreds of different games to play, and then they play fighting games on it.

Tucah

you speak so well

It gave us Jeff's Inca dance so you are factually wrong.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Man .. this Vib Ribbon quick look is BLOWING MY MIND !!

How have I never seen this game before ..

Kirlia

Banned
Man .. this Vib Ribbon quick look is BLOWING MY MIND !!

How have I never seen this game before ..

Seeing the UPF of it blew my mind. I haven't watched the Quick Look yet, but I hope they played the "Yo the beats are strong, but the night is long" song.

I hope Jeff's on deck to review The Order: 1886 when it comes out, I'm sure the hysteria from his inevitable low score will be glorious.

Sunset Overdrive is the next big exclusive coming, but I don't feel like people are invested enough to care about review scores for it

and Sewer Shark

Heck no the CDI stream was the best.
The Roller Coaster video, with Japanese subs. I think it's Pepsiman from the GB forums and GAF who made this (he's done a few of these, including the Hatsune Miku QL).

For some reason I thought this was going to be the Rollercoaster Rampage QL in Japanese and was like wth.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Dan loved Bayonetta 1. There's also a Dan and his dad plays video on the game.

So Dan is a closet anime lover who just doesn't like the drawing style. That's what I'm getting out of this.
Bayonetta and Metal Gear are as anime as you can be without actually being anime

I really don't like the music in Spelunky.

I played about 250 hours of Spelunky and approximately 249 hours without the boring soundtrack. So you are correct. Play your own music or listen to podcasts, that's why I did.

LeBart

Man, it's unfortunate none of the guys are likely to play Wasteland 2 aside from Rorie. I'm probably 10 hours into the game and just felt the repercussions of the first big choice the game offers and holy shit, the effectiveness to which the game guilts you for your choice is incredible. Can't remember the last time the consequences for a choice in a game hit me this hard. Really great game so far, and that's coming from someone not crazy about Fallout 1 and 2.

I thought that choice was super random and completely uninteresting. "Do you want to save the puppy or the kitten?" Fuck you, game...
Having consequences is really not enough for me, the choices themselves have to be interesting and meaningful on their own.

LeBart

Project Spark is out???
I feel like it's the first time I hear about this game since E3 last year... Does MS want all its exclusives to fail miserably?

Top Bottom