• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Yeah I don't know about Project Spark, I guess I'm not in the target audience but the moment I see it I just think I'd rather it was a full priced game with everything included. I wonder how it runs on PC.

But that Spark Souls thing seemed cool. If only the guys knew how to equip weapons in Dark Souls (you need to highlight the slot and press A).

I supposidly won Costume Quest 2 on the last episode of The Lobby but I haven't heard back from GS (I assumed that I'd be DMed on the same day). I tried to get in touch through twitter but that didn't result in anything so is there anything else that I should do?

project spark is actually worse than i thought it was gonna be and i already had no hope.

Also those micro-transactions are fucking disgusting (more so than normal)

Fjolle

The Circle of Dan:

1. On the podcast, Dan explains that he is always happy because he just does things that he thinks are fun.

2. I absentmindedly think to myself, "you know, Dan is kind of goofy, but he has a point. Maybe, I'll just do things that make me happy."

3. Two minutes later, Dan tells a story about having to be drugged by his mom because he HAD to drive back to Lawrence for a house party immediately after getting Lasik.

4. I think to myself, "Oh yeah, that's why sometimes you should sacrifice a good time. To prevent yourself from going blind. Dan is kind of goofy."

Dan IS Homer..

homer-crust-o.gif

I supposidly won Costume Quest 2 on the last episode of The Lobby but I haven't heard back from GS (I assumed that I'd be DMed on the same day). I tried to get in touch through twitter but that didn't result in anything so is there anything else that I should do?

Spam Danny on twitter

FStop7

Banned
He probably won't end up doing it but I would really like to see Jeff do the Vault of Glass Destiny raid with Brad and his fire team. I'm already interested as someone who knows the game is lacking but still plays the hell out of it and enjoys it a good deal despite it's end-game grind and the frustrations it brings.

I have stayed away from watching any videos of the raid because I was trying to keep it a surprise but at this point it doesn't look like I'll ever have a group of people to play through that with unless they add matchmaking. Watching Brad do it will be the first time I experience any bit of it.

You should watch some VoG runs. The Streamerhouse guys usually run it once a day, sometimes more. Both normal and hard, depending on if they're doing it to farm gear for themselves or if it's to assist people who sub to their channel. Normal mode they can pretty much brute force their way through since they're all lvl 29-30 and have the best weapons. But there are still elements to the raid that can only be resolved through coordinated teamwork. That's the stuff I'll be interested to see how Brad's team copes with. I don't know how much they know about the mechanics of those sections, it can be pretty Vexing if you're unfamiliar with the requirements.

Kirlia

Banned
That scene always made me cringe and shudder as a child and it still does it to me today. :(

Any scene that involves someone's eyes doing stuff like that makes me shudder. I remember a similar thing in an Invader Zim episode (when Zim stared for too long at the sun). Oddly, it was one of the few things in that show that made me cringe with horror as a kid.

Renpatsu

Haven't played a stealth game in awhile, but I'm impressed by the verticality of the level design in Styx.
Edit: When I typed that I conveniently forget that I'd just finished playing MGS2.

Curufinwe

The Circle of Dan:

1. On the podcast, Dan explains that he is always happy because he just does things that he thinks are fun.

2. I absentmindedly think to myself, "you know, Dan is kind of goofy, but he has a point. Maybe, I'll just do things that make me happy."

3. Two minutes later, Dan tells a story about having to be drugged by his mom because he HAD to drive back to Lawrence for a house party immediately after getting Lasik.

4. I think to myself, "Oh yeah, that's why sometimes you should sacrifice a good time. To prevent yourself from going blind. Dan is kind of goofy."

Don't forget he needed Lasik because he fucked up his eyes as a kid by voluntarily wearing glasses that he didn't need because he thought glasses were cool.

FStop7

Banned
I remember watching RAW and seeing Kid Rock perform American Badass live.

I will say this: his band was pretty strong. Stefanie Eulinberg is a good drummer.

I will say this: his band was pretty strong. Stefanie Eulinberg is a good drummer.

Kid Rock was always in the same category as Drowning Pool to me. It's probably good music as long as you don't actually listen to it.

Brashnir

I saw him play live once when he was touring with someone else I wanted to see. He put on a good show.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Not even Dan Ryckert likes Nickleback? Who the hell is buying their albums then!? I feel like I understand the world less now. This is the first truly baffling thing he's said.

daydream

Banned
I know they did the pancake stream between the old office and the CBSi announcement. Maybe around about then?

Pretty sure that Patrick had a beard around that time that was from Dave's new home whereas this is from his "old apartment" (according to his Twitter). Seems like it's pretty old.

Edit: I guess I have no idea.

3/13/2012

This must be it then, ok. Certainly can't remember another time they recorded something at Dave's.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
I just listened to that kid rock song and found it unpleasant, but if dan likes it who am I to judge.

Thanks for the advice, Danny responded within 10 minutes.

did he tell you to póg his thóin or did he get it sorted?

What's there to QL on the Vita anymore, though? I mean, they can go back and look at some older games that work with it, like Killzone, but other than maybe that P4 Dancing game there is almost nothing on the Vita worth covering anymore. Any indie game will also come out on the PS4, and there aren't really any exclusives coming out that are worth covering.

I guess maybe we can get a Dangan Ronpa QL, i dunno, crazier things have happened.

What's there to QL on the Vita anymore, though? I mean, they can go back and look at some older games that work with it, like Killzone, but other than maybe that P4 Dancing game there is almost nothing on the Vita worth covering anymore. Any indie game will also come out on the PS4, and there aren't really any exclusives coming out that are worth covering.

I guess maybe we can get a Dangan Ronpa QL, i dunno, crazier things have happened.

anime games

daydream

Banned

I doubt they'll QL older games. They'll get their mileage out of it with
a P4G ER

Myggen

I feel that there should be a compilation on Youtube with all of Dan's crazy podcast stories. Someone get on that.

Most of his stories are on Youtube already though :) The compilation will probably come in the form of the Best Of Bombcast compilation that that one dude always makes.

Also:

Okay, @jeffgerstmann is potentially our sixth player for the Sunday raid, but he's 25 and needs some help if he's gonna make 26 by then.

Top Bottom