• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

hoping jason doesn't totally disappear into the background again once drew comes back, he's been pretty good in the quick looks he's done.

also this observation from the comments is extremely true -

Jason sounds like Dave and Rorie combined.

Duriii

Just finished watching Persona 4 ER for the first, and probably the last time, since it really was a massive time sink in some way. It took me like 3-4 months to see every single episode in my free time. 100 hours... I could have watched a couple of seasons of some longer TV shows or maybe even do something productive in that time ;)

But I have no regrets, it really was an amazing piece of content, probably one of my favorites right now from GB. Given the scale and overall length it is ubelievable how consistent the whole commentary was throughout the whole series. I can't even remember one particularly awful episode, even more boring game moments were accompanied by some amazing jokes or some offtopic talks. I can't imagine anyone would make that whole thing much more interesting besides Jeff and Vinny.

Plus, thanks to this ER and overall quality of P4 I got interested in buying Persona 5 near it's release date, even though I'm usually not that much interested in JRPG's.

Jokab

Yeah that pancake stream. What a wild thing. Crazy how a website getting bought was such a rollercoaster for so many people, this thread especially.

Also that Jeff & John Davison stream. That was weird.

Listening to Dan's glasses story, it really sucks that he got a laser surgery done before his vision stopped changing. I've been planning to get one done (got the first doctor's visit scheduled in two weeks) but I definitely wouldn't consider it if I hadn't been wearing the same glasses for over three years while still seeing perfectly with them. And I'm sure most doctors wouldn't recommend against it if that wasn't the case, too.

hoping jason doesn't totally disappear into the background again once drew comes back, he's been pretty good in the quick looks he's done.

I think someone already mentioned it but Jason is pretty much the voice twin of Damon Hatfield from IGN.

Kirlia

Banned
I really enjoy Jason in the Quick Looks as well as the GI Replay videos. I can see Jason getting more and more video time, and then when Drew eventually leaves to become a famous pilot, Jason will take Drew's place, and some other likable upstart will take Jason's place as the seldom seen but intriguing video guy. It could be a cycle.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Jason has been great, he actually made a fighting game Quick Look watchable. I also expect him to be on the Bayonetta 2 coverage.
Those two new guys brought some much needed diversity in gaming taste.

Jason has been great, he actually made a fighting game Quick Look watchable. I also expect him to be on the Bayonetta 2 coverage.

"two new guys" and "diversity." There's a joke in there, and hopefully someone wittier than me will work it out.

daydream

Banned
Oh, Styx is by the "Of Orcs and Men" people? Knew something felt familiar.

Granted, not the most difficult task, e.g. not being obnoxious when it comes to Nintendo stuff is something that applies to a lot of people, yet in the context of GB, it feels very novel. :p

Zaph

Oh, Styx is by the "Of Orcs and Men" people? Knew something felt familiar.

Yeah, I've tried to play Of Orcs and Men a couple times, but it felt too...for the lack of a better word, amateurish? The cut scenes and environment felt like a fan mod.

Really want to try and give Styx a fair shot though (it's a prequel to OO&M), I'm getting real Thief vibes from it and overall it looks a lot more well made.

IaN_GAF

Yeah, I've tried to play Of Orcs and Men a couple times, but it felt too...for the lack of a better word, amateurish? The cut scenes and environment felt like a fan mod.

Really want to try and give Styx a fair shot though (it's a prequel to OO&M), I'm getting real Thief vibes from it and overall it looks a lot more well made.

I kinda wanna check it out, but it seems that it is a digital only release? I find that to be kind of a bummer.

eyeless

is jason playing in the styx quick look and does he like stealth games?

it would be nice to have someone on gb that doesn't hold stealth in contempt (prob wishful thinking)

Nishastra

Banned
is jason playing in the styx quick look and does he like stealth games?

it would be nice to have someone on gb that doesn't hold stealth in contempt (prob wishful thinking)
He doesn't seem to hate them like some of the others, but he's not particularly good at them.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
"two new guys" and "diversity." There's a joke in there, and hopefully someone wittier than me will work it out.
Yeah, hopefully.

Granted, not the most difficult task, e.g. not being obnoxious when it comes to Nintendo stuff is something that applies to a lot of people, yet in the context of GB, it feels very novel. :p
Well, also some love for fighting game mechanics and character action. Not to mention stealth games, but I'm not sure about that yet.

IaN_GAF

Yeah, that game being digital only is the least surprising thing I've heard all week-

No offense but...

it's 2014.

Don't get me wrong, you are totally right, but then again:

aj7fgmt.png

Top Bottom