• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

- J - D -

Alexis is really leaving? Aw man.

I always considered him one of the main crew, even if he technically wasn't. The old guard are disappearing one by one, man. :(

Zaph

Alexis is a better designer than a corp like CBSi deserves. This isn't a dig at CBSi, but just the reality of SF right now. Surprised he stayed for so long.

Myggen

Looks like there could be 72 hours of Extra Life this year. It will not end until there's a week of constant streaming!

Alexis is a better designer than a corp like CBSi deserves. This isn't a dig at CBSi, but just the reality of SF right now. Surprised he stayed for so long.

Well, he was lead designer on the clusterfuck that was the Gamespot redesign. But I guess the problems that caused was more because of the backend of that site being completely fucked than anything else.

good luck to alexis in whatever he does next. happy he's coming back for extra life, a really long stream without him would be weird.

there are still so many people who have to slap him before he goes.

Patryn

I'll miss Alexis. He did great work!

It's funny how Extra Life started as this little thing that Drew and Alexis did has now become this big yearly event.

In many ways, the Extra Life marathon has supplanted the Big Live Live Show as the in studio yearly event.

Megasoum

Banned
I will miss Alexis for the live shows but honestly I hope that means we'll get a complete redesign of the sites.

It's not like GB and GS have a great design right now.

Myggen

I will miss Alexis for the live shows but honestly I hope that means we'll get a complete redesign of the sites.

It's not like GB and GS have a great design right now.

Wouldn't get my hopes up. And GS is struggling a LOT more with the design, especially the front page, than GB right now. So if anything's a priority, it's probably that.

Alexis leaving while Drew is away? Does Drew know? I know nothing about this event other than what i just read btw.

Of course he knows, it's not like this all happened since last Saturday :)

Speaking of, have they talked about if they're doing a BLLSL this year?

pretty sure jeff's said he wants to bring it back, but I doubt it would be this year.

what would a BLLSL even be now that whiskey's done, just giant bomb/gamespot? I guess will/norm could probably show up.

Tagyhag

2690688-0845401496-25244.png

We'll miss you Alex!

A wild Salsa appears.

Zaph

Hot Coldman needs to update OP.
So he is leaving.

whats with the Job retention for these CBSi designers/engineers?
Probably around standard for Bay Area. It's hard for regular corps to hold on to good talent when they're competing against the equity potential of a startup or the prestige appeal of Google/Facebook/etc etc.

Myggen

Probably around standard for Bay Area. It's hard for regular corps to hold on to good talent when they're competing against the equity potential of a startup or the prestige appeal of Google/Facebook/etc etc.

Also, designers and engineers tend to move around a lot in general. Especially at bigger companies.

Top Bottom