• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

Good luck Alexis!

That peer pressure must be great to "make" Jeff grind though a game he doesn't like to much. I'm surprised he isn't playing other games he finds fun.

Myggen

Good luck Alexis!

That peer pressure must be great to "make" Jeff grind though a game he doesn't like to much. I'm surprised he isn't playing other games he finds fun.

Destiny? I'm sure he does this for the site mainly. The way he talks about the game he'll stop playing after the raid is done, but I'm sure he's still kinda interested in the raid because of how people are talking about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
At this point we should wait for Dan to actually watch the ones he received instead of just giving stuff to him.

Don't let people goodwill go to waste Dan! Those anime sets aren't cheap at all.

Good luck Alexis!

The IV drip of loot in Destiny and gameplay is enough to make people come back. Even if it offers literally nothing else. Probably some kinda thing where the right pleasure centers of your brain are triggered.

daydream

Banned
As someone who only just watched Cowboy Bebop within the last 2 weeks, I agree :p

Edit: What anime has Dan received anyway?

He lists everything in the Mailbag linked above. Although he's probably gotten some more stuff in the meantime.

Edit: ..or the end of last page if you're using 50ppp for some reason.

Myggen

What's the link for watching recently aired but not yet archived GB stuff? I need to bookmark it...

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/embed/8635/

Speaking of GB webdesigners who left.

Any idea how Dave and Webhook is doing? The Dadcast was my last line of info from the Sniderman.

Well, it has launched for the general public. Difficult to know much else about gow it's doing for them.

Just saw it. Can't believe nobody sent him Cowboy Bebop. Seems like something he would like

Hasn't that been pretty difficult to get in disc form for a while now?

Flandy

He lists everything in the Mailbag linked above. Although he's probably gotten some more stuff in the meantime.

Edit: ..or the end of last page if you're using 50ppp for some reason.

Just saw it. Can't believe nobody sent him Cowboy Bebop. Seems like something he would like

Do we know of many other engineers/designers who have quit except for Dave and Ian who went to make/work for Webhook? Also yeah, I imagine that there's a ton of companies in SF who pay their engineers/designer a lot more money than CBSi. You can earn a lot by working for the big tech firms for example.

iirc Thomas as well (the guy that Helped Jeff and Vinny in that one QL)

Alarming how?

mainly due to the amount that seemed to be good at their jobs, though its likely it happens a lot behind the scenes but i'm biased due to it now happening to a bunch of people who have made themselves in a public light on GB.

Good luck to him on his next endevour though.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
mainly due to the amount that seemed to be good at their jobs, though its likely it happens a lot behind the scenes but i'm biased due to it now happening to a bunch of people who have made themselves in a public light on GB.

That sentence is all over the place. Haha

Alexis is not the only engineer...he just happened to be on camera more than the others.

Myggen

With the amount of engineers/designers working for CBSi, I wouldn't take that to mean anything. But yeah, it of course sucks for us. I was never the biggest fan of Alexis, but there's no denying that he has been important for the site and I always enjoyed him on the really long streams. Good to hear that he'll be on the Extra Life stream.

Goddamn I really need to go to bed now. Playing Football Manager can really just suck hours away without me noticing.

That sentence is all over the place. Haha

Alexis is not the only engineer...he just happened to be on camera more than the others.

i get that.

it more likely colored my view of the situation since it was a few who also had been on camera that some point (Dave, Ian, Thomas). Some more than others but still.

With the amount of engineers/designers working for CBSi, I wouldn't take that to mean anything. But yeah, it of course sucks for us. I was never the biggest fan of Alexis, but there's no denying that he has been important for the site and I always enjoyed him on the really long streams. Good to hear that he'll be on the Extra Life stream.

hmm i wonder what he (plus Drew) will do this time? Halo ODST

sk3

Banned
The IT industry is really shitty at promotion/compensation. You are kind of forced to move from company to company every 2~3 years to get paid what you are worth. Otherwise your company will take advantage of you and keep you on measily 2-3% yearly pay bumps. I highly doubt the GB guys got any significant bump when they came back into the cbs family.

Given that he lead his team, the gamespot redesign, and works way too much, he was probably quite underpaid.

At least thats my take as someone also in the webdev community.

Draxyle

Neo Member
Really sad to lose Alexis from GB; always entertaining when he's on camera. I know he ain't editorial, but to me he might as well have been (just like Dave).

popo

In most industries I would say 4 years at one company is above the average for that sort of mid-level position. The bigger the company the shorter the average stay I would say, with a few exceptions. Moving will likely get him a pay bump and an interesting new project to work on.

What is jeff wearing during unpro.

I thought it was an ode to him...

itxFfEUl.png

...but I guess not.

First Vinny, now Alexis. Already cancelled my sub when Vinny moved I can't double cancel it :(

The Extra Life/Supply Drop videos with Danny and Alexis are my most favorite content.

Before anyone hates on me they are my personal likes, opinions and reasons why I subscribe to GB.

Alexis is totally going to join webhook with kickstarter success story Dave. Dave , ian and Alexis will buy cbsi off jim lanzones hands and the site will just have icewind dale endurance runs and pathfinder premium content.

daydream

Banned
Hope BB will be good tomorrow. Not feeling the choice of game but with Brad not having played what is supposedly a hard thing and with the ever so curious Jeff thrown in the mix, I'm not too worried.

Top Bottom