• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb X | Built-In Automatic Death Thing For Secret People

So what are they supposed to do exactly?

They've been killing the trash for a while now... Are they damaging the boss too?

so they have to defend the confluxes from the rushing fanatics. if too many get through then they all wipe.

this section they're in now, they have to kill those oracles that appear. if one isn't taken out in about 10 seconds, the whole party is marked for negation. you have to do several waves of this, afterwards you can move on to the next section. you don't fight that boss here.

Xater

So what are they supposed to do exactly?

They've been killing the trash for a while now... Are they damaging the boss too?

You kill the adds until the relic appears. Then someone has to pick up the relic and use it to disable the shield of the boss. While they are doing this they need to take out he Oracles or they basically instantly kill you.

Edit: Oh you are right stump the relic section is after this.

this part is no joke if you're not playing smart. they need to break up the team into left, right, and center. left and right both have 3 oracle spawns to manage and mid has 2. Those harpies are nothing to be ignored either.

What do the different classes do?

ultimately the major differences lie in specials and grenades. basically just a variety of things that give you brief advantages like more damage, bubble shields, etc. all classes can use all weapons.

As a Level 26 Destiny player who has never played this Raid, this does not seem fun.

I had more fun soloing the Weekly Strike myself yesterday.

Wunder

ultimately the major differences lie in specials and grenades. basically just a variety of things that give you brief advantages like more damage, bubble shields, etc. all classes can use all weapons.

Throw a special grenade, pound the ground, and get a fiery pistol.

At least, that's the only differences I got from the Beta/Alpha.

thanks! That brad sigh blew out my ears

Brad doing work on those oracles. go get 'em, Rudds.

but seriously, there's no reason why one person should be taking out 4 oracles by themselves in one wave.

DJ88

As a Level 26 Destiny player who has never played this Raid, this does not seem fun.

I had more fun soloing the Weekly Strike myself yesterday.

The raid is the definitely the most fun I've had in the game, and I bet more than 90% of people who've done it will agree. Watching it is doesn't come close to actually playing it.

yeah it's super stressful. But these guys are running around and panicking which isn't helping. Still, they're doing pretty good all things considered.

This part suuuuuucks.

Are void walkers mandatory here? i like playing sun singer because i like reviving myself and not feeling bad about dying.

That revive can be super clutch here because normally you can't revive yourself.

Later in the raid there's a section where some players have to go into other dimensions and being able to revive themselves is HUGE.

Xater

yeah it's super stressful. But these guys are running around and panicking which isn't helping. Still, they're doing pretty good all things considered.

This part suuuuuucks.

That revive can be super clutch here because normally you can't revive yourself.

Later in the raid there's a section where some players have to go into other dimensions and being able to revive themselves is HUGE.

I loved the raid. Didn_t even think it was that hard until Atheon.

TMYD4ZL.png

my chat isn't working. I hope someone tells Brad that those oracles are going to just keep spawning and they should take down the shields as fast and frequently as possible.

DJ88

Until they figure out the player with the relic doesn't need to run right up to the boss to knock his shields down, they're never gonna beat this.

Until they figure out the player with the relic doesn't need to run right up to the boss to knock his shields down, they're never gonna beat this.

Have you tried the blocking teleport method yet? My group haven't had a chance to try it ourselves, but if you can get 1 person on each of the 5 potential teleport locations, you can keep the boss from teleporting, spawning more oracles and regenerating his shield. Only thing I'm confused on is do we have to stay on that spot constantly or can we move to try to damage the boss?

Sucks to be the relic guy. Hate to have that responsibility.

Its not that bad (there will be a much worse part later ;D). But yeah the strategy my team did was everyone huddle together into the back left corner of the map and hid where the hob used to spawn. Guy with relic would come back to us, cleanse when necessary and fire the super to strip the boss' shield. The rest of us would just snipe the boss' eye and clear harpies when they get close.

image.php

DJ88

Have you tried the blocking teleport method yet? My group haven't had a chance to try it ourselves, but if you can get 1 person on each of the 5 potential teleport locations, you can keep the boss from teleporting, spawning more oracles and regenerating his shield. Only thing I'm confused on is do we have to stay on that spot constantly or can we move to try to damage the boss?

Nah I haven't. My groups have always just cheesed him by jumping to one of the far platforms the hobgoblins snipe from, and we just kill the boss from there.

The worst thing is the guy with the relic did something that falsely reaffirmed their bad idea of having to run right up to the Templar's face. Now they're committed to a really bad strategy and who knows what it'll take for them to try it the right way.

Top Bottom